TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Backlash poster

So, can we guess that HHH will be in the main event.

Heh, yea I know the answers been pretty obvious for a while. :P

But I have to say, if it's HHH/Batista II at Backlash...I don't know how interesting that will be. Much like last year. Butmaybe the Money in the Bank winner will opt for his title shot at Backlash.

Guest LooneyTune

There's an Arena with the name "Verizon Wireless"?

Triple H in the poster doesn't mean anything, really. Vengeance 2001 he was on the cover, but wasn't even there, and Bad Blood 2003 was on with Goldberg, and they were in different matches.

I thought the face was Austin for a second. But then I realized it wasn't 2001.

Woa..looking at it again, it does look like him. Especially since you can't see the hair.

There's an Arena with the name "Verizon Wireless"?

Triple H in the poster doesn't mean anything, really. Vengeance 2001 he was on the cover, but wasn't even there, and Bad Blood 2003 was on with Goldberg, and they were in different matches.

And while it's true that posters don't mean anything..I think we all already KNOW, that HHH will involved in the main event. That's sort of common sense. (unless of course he goes down with an injury or something)

edit-

He doesn't have the belt in the picture.

They never have the belt in the poster I don't believe, do they?

Guest LooneyTune

Taboo Tuesday's DVD cover does, but I'm not sure on the promotional poster.

Oh yea..but I mean with a person. The only person that I can think of that might have been on a poster with the title in recent yeras, was probaly Stone Cold, around the Invasion time period.

who's Lil then?

Lil is probaly whoever the poster was signed for...then it says "HHH, The Game".

Oh yea..but I mean with a person. The only person that I can think of that might have been on a poster with the title in recent yeras, was probaly Stone Cold, around the Invasion time period.

who's Lil then?

Lil is probaly whoever the poster was signed for...then it says "HHH, The Game".

Oooh..

I thought the signature was a part of the poster design..

What I like about it is that it really pushes Batista as the new face of RAW.

I think the poster is awesome. One of my favorites in quite a while....just a question, isnt it kind of a tradition to have the main event of Wrestlemania be the main event of Backlash?

I think the poster is awesome. One of my favorites in quite a while....just a question, isnt it kind of a tradition to have the main event of Wrestlemania be the main event of Backlash?

It's only been last year. (out of the last few Manias.)

After X8 it was Hogan/HHH. After XIX it was Shawn Michaels, Booker T & Kevin Nash vs. Triple H, Ric Flair & Chris Jericho or...Rock/Goldberg. After X7 it was Austin/HHH vs Taker/Kane.

And I think you get it...so no.

Geez your right...where the hell have I been?

Guest Tjhe CyNick

In 99 they did Austin-Rock again, in 2000 they did HHH-Rock which was the main part of the 4-way at Mania that year, and last year they did the 3-way rematch, so its been done before.

I dont think they should do a straight up rematch, I would rather see them do a 3 way with Flair involved. Build it up like its going to be 2 on 1, but then have Flair start to consider winning the match for himself (relive some glory or something).

Then again, the posters generally dont mean very much of anything.

BTW the background image is definately HHH, you can tell by the forehead.

well hhh/goldberg was supposed to be the main event of badd blood, they changed it to summerslame later on, which is rumored to be the reason why HHY beat booker at wm 19 (booker supposadly was supposed to win there but trips complained saying that since he was suppose dto defend agaisnt berg in june, it would be dumb to have a short booker reign)

hhh was on the cover of backlash 01 by himself and he was in the main, tag with austin vs taker/kane. judgment day had austin/hhh.

Interstingly, Kane has been on the poster of the last 2 unforgivens.

And it will be Batista/Triple-H part II, maybe in the CAGE!~!

Or maybe even a hell in a cell. Triple H has never lost one of those you know, Oh wait...there was that six man Hell In A Cell at Armageddon that Trips conviently forgot! Oh what am I saying that shouldnt even count and should be stricken from the record books like that time Jericho didnt beat him for the title.

Guest Coffey

I actually really like that poster. I think it looks neat. I'd frame it and hang it on the wall.

History says you can't guess anything from the poster design.

There are many examples but one off the top of my head had all three members of Team Angle on the poster for Backlash 03, with Angle being most prominately featured. Kurt was out of action with the neck injury.

There are many examples but one off the top of my head had all three members of Team Angle on the poster for Backlash 03, with Angle being most prominately featured. Kurt was out of action with the neck injury.

But that is different since Angle was out with a injury.

But that is different since Angle was out with a injury.

Well that's 1 example but I can list more.

- Warrior was on the Souled Out 99 poster. He was long gone by then.

- Big Show was on the KOTR 99 poster. He jobbed in the first round.

- I personally have an event poster for the 11/97 Raw taping in Roanoke. Bret is on the front with the belt. Only problem is this was 3 weeks after Montreal.

- Any PPV poster that prominately featured a diva.

- Triple H on the poster for Vengeance 01.

- RVD on the No Way Out 02 poster. ... Because that match with Goldust was so well built.

My point is the posters are made MONTHS ahead of time. VERY rarely can you read anything into who is featured.