TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Opening Day Thread

Guest Shadow

Brewers are undefeated and Mets are win-less. I love opening week of baseball, its the short amount of time before everything re-adjusts and Brewers go back to the cellar and Mets return to their normal mediocry.

Tie game, bases loaded, eighth inning, and the second best hitter in baseball at the plate.

Who's #1? Vlad or Ichiro?

I didn't see the Yankee game, skipped it to go out for dinner/drinks, and I'm glad. I hope I'm wrong about Wright, but I was really down on his signing, and this start doesn't give me much hope. I know Baltimore is potent, but they got shut down by Saarloos and Haren, so the 7 million dollar man should be able to handle em

I wish we still had Lieber <_<

The Bullpen was very good for the Rangers last season, but their start this year has been less impressive, yesterday they give up the winning run to the Angels in the bottom of the 9th, and today make a royal mess of things in the 8th to lose to the Mariners.

A 1-3 start, but they were in each game right up to the end and with some luck their record could be the other way around, so there's definite promise for the season ahead.

Who's #1? Vlad or Ichiro?

Bonds.

I didn't see the Yankee game, skipped it to go out for dinner/drinks, and I'm glad. I hope I'm wrong about Wright, but I was really down on his signing, and this start doesn't give me much hope. I know Baltimore is potent, but they got shut down by Saarloos and Haren, so the 7 million dollar man should be able to handle em

Moneyball 2, Yankees 0.

Brewers are undefeated and Mets are win-less. I love opening week of baseball, its the short amount of time before everything re-adjusts and Brewers go back to the cellar and Mets return to their normal mediocry.

These aren't the same Brewers of years past...get used to it. I'm not saying they're going to make the play-offs, but a season above .500 isn't unrealistic this year. They have a very good starting rotation, including one legit ace (Sheets) and another who could be the ace on many other teams (Doug Davis). Plus, the trade for Carlos Lee is already paying dividends on offense and Spivey is healthy and producing thus far.

They should just call up Prince Fielder already. As long as they limit his access to the buffet line, he'll do fine.

An interesting note of managerial idiocy, stolen from a Phillies board, that I did not even realize watching the game:

Think about this guys.

He replaced Burrell with Perez, an IF.

Then he pinch hit for Michaels with Lofton.

That means if Lofton had got a hit, the bottom of the inning would have seen Abreu in RF, Lofton in CF and............... in LF. He had no other OFs since he blew through Burrell and Michaels.

So either Offerman or Perez or even Polanco might have been in RF.

So not only is he braindead in the dugout, he was braindead when he decided to carry only 4 OFs.

Hey, is it too late to bring in Leyland?

I swear the Yankees actually brainstorm ways to score runs without actually getting hits. Heres a new one.

Break up a double play by giving the 2nd baseman a bloody nose, which disallows him to get the ball, which allows a run to score.

Guest Salacious Crumb
OH FUCK I THINK ZAMBRANO IS HURT

Phew. False alarm so far. If he got hurt after recording just one out, that's pathetic.

Nah, he'll just whine and yell at the ump till he gets ejected.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Greg Zaun just hit a big grandslam to probably put the game away for Toronto.

Phillies beating up on the Cards 10-1. Gavin Floyd went 7, allowing only 3 hits and 1 run. Pat Burrell w/ 5 RBI's, including a 3-run HR. Currently in the bottom of the 8th. Don't think Worrell can blow this game.

Guest Brian
And every NY Yankee fan in the world breathes a sigh of relief.

Because Rivera saved a game with a three-run cushion?

And every NY Yankee fan in the world breathes a sigh of relief.

Because Rivera saved a game with a three-run cushion?

Just the fact he looked like regular Mo beside the double.

A broken bat, a K, and a flyout.

Hey hold it right there. Stop assuming that EVERY Yankee fan was so worried becuase Mo blew a few saves. Its the first week of the season, you don't worry about stuff like that yet.

That being said, the yanks-os was a good game today. And the yanks continue to play the comeback kids (with lots of money in their pockets) from last year.

Also shows why Randy agreed to come to the Bronx. Even when he has a bad day and gives up 5 runs, the Yanks find a way to bail him out on offense.

I didnt see the Boston Game much. I saw the score was 5-4 after an ortiz homer, then was shocked to see that Toronto won by that score.

In any events, it looks liek the orioles will be a tough team this year as they have a very potent lineup. If they had a better pitching staff they might contend.

and I see that the tradition is continuing, turning a thread on opening day to an all purpose every day MLB thread. Nice Touch. We can probably beat the Angel thread in here. Let's go for it.