TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This "week" in the NBA

April 20 is, of course, the last day of the season, so we'll just use this thread to close out the regular season.

Right now on ABC, it's LA Lakers @ Sacramento or New York @ Indiana, depending on your location. Both games are at the half.

4/12, ESPN2

Boston @ Philadelphia, 7 PM ET

4/13, ESPN

Chicago @ Washington, 8 PM ET

Dallas @ Seattle, 10:30 PM ET

4/14, TNT

Miami @ Philadelphia, 8 PM ET

Dallas @ Portland, 10:30 PM ET

4/15, ESPN

Cleveland @ Washington, 8 PM ET

Sacramento @ LA Lakers, 10:30 PM ET

4/16, ESPN

Denver @ Houston, 7:30 PM ET

4/17, ABC

Cleveland @ Detroit, 1 PM ET

Indiana @ Miami or Dallas @ LA Lakers, 3:30 PM ET

4/18, TNT

Denver @ Phoenix, 10 PM ET

4/20, ESPN

Chicago @ Indiana, 8 PM ET

Phoenix @ Sacramento, 10:30 PM ET

Al, what would you like to do for the playoffs, as far as threads go? Would a thread for each series work, or perhaps one for each conference and then the finals?

Yeah, and that'll be all that's needed for the Pacers after today's game. What a fucking disgrace. The Bulls ought to sweep us right out of the first round after that showing. Seriously, KURT FUCKING THOMAS sends it into OT with a 3 pointer, then with all the bodies we've signed to compensate for Jermaine O'Neal, none of them can figure out to box out Sweetney for the game-winning tip at the buzzer, and the result is a loss to the motherfucking KNICKS in a race for homecourt in the first round. Absolutely embarassing.

Yeah, and that'll be all that's needed for the Pacers after today's game. What a fucking disgrace. The Bulls ought to sweep us right out of the first round after that showing. Seriously, KURT FUCKING THOMAS sends it into OT with a 3 pointer, then with all the bodies we've signed to compensate for Jermaine O'Neal, none of them can figure out to box out Sweetney for the game-winning tip at the buzzer, and the result is a loss to the motherfucking KNICKS in a race for homecourt in the first round. Absolutely embarassing.

Oh shut up. The Knicks have more talent than your team, they just forget to show up half the time. Today they showed up, and won a hard fought game. You're lucky you're even in the playoffs, but hey, I'll hold you to that "we oughta get swept" bullshit.

Predictions, anyone?

4/12, ESPN2

Boston @ Philadelphia, 7 PM ET

76ers

4/13, ESPN

Chicago @ Washington, 8 PM ET Wizards

Dallas @ Seattle, 10:30 PM ET Dallas

4/14, TNT

Miami @ Philadelphia, 8 PM ET Miami

Dallas @ Portland, 10:30 PM ET Portland

4/15, ESPN

Cleveland @ Washington, 8 PM ET Wizards

Sacramento @ LA Lakers, 10:30 PM ET Kings

4/16, ESPN

Denver @ Houston, 7:30 PM ET Nuggets

4/17, ABC

Cleveland @ Detroit, 1 PM ET Pistons

Indiana @ Miami Heat even if Shaq isnt back by then

Dallas @ LA Lakers, 3:30 PM ET Mavs

4/18, TNT

Denver @ Phoenix, 10 PM ET Suns

4/20, ESPN

San Antonio @ Minnesota, 8 PM ET Wolves

Phoenix @ Sacramento, 10:30 PM ET Kings

The Knicks have more talent than your team

Of course they do, when we're without 60% of our starters. Way to go out on a limb there.

And the Knicks did play a hard-fought game, I will say that, but the Pacers could have played much better than they did. That's what I was really upset about, and I overreacted with my post.

Guest Vitamin X

Of course they do, when we're without 60% of our starters. Way to go out on a limb there.

Right, this was the comment I was just about to make.

Indiana has an excuse to have gone from having the best record in the league to just making it in the playoffs, what with The Battle of Auburn Hills and all. Minnesota doesn't really have one, while the Lakers have a ton.

The Knicks are just not that good, nor did anyone not predict they wouldn't be, either.

Well, I thought that was obvious, but from the tone of your post you sounded SHOCKED that the Pacers could lose to the Knicks so I had to come out and say it. The guys who are out don't factor into the equation, and in today's game the Knicks had more talent. Like I said, you guys are lucky to even be headed to the playoffs, enjoy it.

God bless the Spurs for winning games with the regular starting lineup on the Injury Reserve........Big Dog played 19 minutes in the double overtime victory over the Warriors.

Guest Vitamin X

Big Dog getting 19 minutes was surely more of a hindrance than having the regular starting lineup on IR, though. The Spurs are one of the teams I wouldn't mind seeing with a championship this year, besides Phoenix, Detroit, and Indiana (Give Reggie a chance!).

*rubs temples*

Please let Lewis and Vladmir come back soon....

What does boxing have to do with this?

Oh......... you're still talking about Seattle..... like they'd actually do something besides get swept in the first round. That's cute.

*rubs temples*

What does boxing have to do with this?

Oh......... you're still talking about Seattle..... like they'd actually do something besides get swept in the first round. That's cute.

Seattle vs Denver?

Guest Vitamin X

George Karl's boys kicking the shit out of his old team? Interesting.

The Sonics have a lot more talent than people realize, though.

Is anyone else just bored with the Spurs? Seriously these guys are like the Michigan St. of the NBA, just constantly THERE and I couldn't give two shits about them. All I'm saying is ABC better worry about a potential finals with Detroit and San Antonio. That would be ratings death given the bone and club way both teams would play.

Anyone watch that Detroit/Miami game yesterday? 80-72. Yes I know Shaq was sick, but that's sad for professionals.

Don't worry about that I'm sure that Tony Parker's drunk mom will do something interesting or maybe Bruce Bowen's dirty defense will be on constant ESPN highlights........not everybody wants to be a media whore like Shaq.

George Karl's boys kicking the shit out of his old team? Interesting.

The Sonics have a lot more talent than people realize, though.

The Sonics are missing their number 2 and number 3 scorer right now, Ray Allen and Antonio Daniels are a lil gimpy and playing less minutes. Give them to the playoffs where they will be full strength again, and they will be a beast.

Is anyone else just bored with the Spurs? Seriously these guys are like the Michigan St. of the NBA, just constantly THERE and I couldn't give two shits about them. All I'm saying is ABC better worry about a potential finals with Detroit and San Antonio. That would be ratings death given the bone and club way both teams would play.

Anyone watch that Detroit/Miami game yesterday? 80-72. Yes I know Shaq was sick, but that's sad for professionals.

Your hatred of MSU amuses me greatly.

Guest Flyboy
*rubs temples*

I think if Houston plays Seattle in the first round at the top of their game, it'll be an early exit for the Sonics... I hope.

Guest Vitamin X

Houston-Seattle would be an interesting matchup.

Tonight marks the first time I'll cheer anyone over the Lakers, that's how much I like watching the Suns play. Also, I want better odds at a good lottery pick. I'm hoping (if the seeds stay in place) that Phoenix sweeps the horribly uninteresting Grizzlies.

This is what I would like to see come playoff time in terms of playoff seeding:

West-

Phoenix vs. Memphis (Suns rip em a new one)

San Antonio vs. Houston

Seattle vs. Denver

Dallas vs. Sacramento

East-

Miami vs. Indiana

Cleveland vs. Detroit

Philly vs. Boston

Washington vs. Chicago

Although at this rate, I'd really dislike seeing the Cavs limp into the playoffs after the strong start to the season. New Jersey getting in there and facing a mid-tier team like Washington, Boston, or Chicago could be fun as well. (though could it be argued that Chicago is again among the East's elite?)

Current matchups look like this

East

-1- Miami vs -8- Cleveland (Lebron vs Wade, the REAL c/o/2003 matchup)

-2- Detroit vs -7- Philadelphia

-3- Boston vs -6- Washington

-4- Chicago vs -5- Indiana

Chicago would have homecourt over Boston should they meet.

West

-1- Phoenix vs -8- Memphis

-2- San Antonio vs -7- Denver

-3- Seattle vs -6- Houston

-4- Dallas vs -5- Sacramento

Dallas would have homecourt over Seattle should they meet.

I'll do more detailed playoff predictions once they start, but I'd have a hard time betting against Phoenix right now.

Pacers beat the Nets to clinch a playoff spot, and the Bulls lose as well which puts us within one game of the 4 seed.

It seems like everytime I watch or follow a Pacers game, I'm reminded by how much I truly hate Reggie Miller.

Hopefully the Heat will be Philly and the Nets will take the Raps putting us 1/2 back