TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This "week" in the NBA

Guest Vitamin X

Denver isn't the "hottest team in the league". That was last month.

This month is Nets month.

GREAT game on ABC with Detroit and Cleveland. THat could be it for Clevelands playoff hopes though. Tayshaun Prince played outstanding man-to-man defense on LeBron in that last five minutes. Cle better pray the Sixers beat the Nets tonight.

Sixers are 2 games back of the Pacers.

Sixers won season series Vs. Pacers 4-0.

Pacers have HEAT today, Sixers have Nets. Sixers also have a dog left on the schedule (one Atlanta, and another game).

Is the #6 possible? Thoughts?

Guest Vitamin X
You have issues.

You have no sense of humor and/or take shit too seriously.

Guest Flyboy
Denver isn't the "hottest team in the league". That was last month.

This month is Nets month.

Denver has been the hottest team in the NBA for awhile.

Guest Vitamin X

Okay, of all the franchises that have made tremendous turnarounds from the beginning of the season.. I guess that would include the Rockets, Nuggets, and to a certain extent the Pacers and Pistons due to the Battle of Auburn Hills.. Who do you guys think will fare best? And also, of all the ones that have been consistent throughout the season, who's the one most likely to stumble in the playoffs?

As per the second question, my vote goes to either the Heat or the Mavericks, and for the first one the Rockets. I'll explain a bit more once this hangover wears off.

Guest Flyboy

If Houston keeps their #5 seed, they can take Dallas to seven games. McGrady is playing the best basketball of his career, they can defend.. it'll be a fun series. I think the key is that we are able to hit the outside jumpshots. If Houston slips to the #6 seed, they can easily dispatch of the Sonics.

Tell me this guy isn't ready for anyone:

"If (the fifth seed) is there for us to take, you know what, we'll take it," Tracy McGrady said. "If we move up to five or stay sixth, it really doesn't matter.

"When those guys (off the Rockets' bench) are rolling, and myself and Yao (Ming) are rolling, I feel nobody can beat us."

New Jersey looked unstoppable tonight. Carter/Kidd = problems for #1/2 seed.

Imagine if Richard Jefferson is able to come back.

I definitely think Houston could take Dallas to 7 games, and they have more than a reasonable shot at winning. Unlike the last few years, this Rockets team can score. The loss of Juwan Howard is a minor setback because he was a solid role player contributor before his injury, but Scott Pagett's been putting in quality minutes off the bench. Guys like Pagett, Barry, Wesley, James, and Mutombo will determine how far the Rockets get. And so far, they've looked pretty good. Mutombo looks like he found a wormhole in his locker and went back 10 years. He's been great for backing up Yao when he has an off-game.

Just to comment on this quote...

"Tell me this guy isn't ready for anyone:

"If (the fifth seed) is there for us to take, you know what, we'll take it," Tracy McGrady

Oh sure, T-Mac can beat any team in the playoffs. Just ask him. He might even tell you how the series is already over...

*fizzle*

Just to comment on this quote...

"Tell me this guy isn't ready for anyone:

"If (the fifth seed) is there for us to take, you know what, we'll take it," Tracy McGrady

Oh sure, T-Mac can beat any team in the playoffs. Just ask him. He might even tell you how the series is already over...

*fizzle*

CONFIDENCE IS DEATH

Guest Vitamin X
What are these guys supposed to say, "I think we'll get knocked on our asses and lose four straight"?

Frank Hamblem actually said that.

I mean, he was being realistic and all, but still.

Guest Smues

The kid in the 'NBA playoffs on TNT' commercial needs to be killed. Then resurrected, and killed again, and again, and again. That is all.

Jermaine O'Neal made a surprise return today, but the Heat were determined to not get swept by the Pacers this season. Goodbye, home court advantage :(

Vince Carter and Jason Kidd are looking ridicilous right now. I mean, Carter is averaging 36 points, 7 rebounds, and shooting 52 percent (45 percent from 3) in the last 5 games for Jersey.

that is a SICK line. Since the Alstar break, he has only dipped below the 20 point barrier once, and if not for that ho hum start of the year, he would be leading the leauge in scoring. Quite the resurgent year for Mr. Carter.