TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This "week" in the NBA

R-Jeff said that he'd come back if they made the playoffs.

The Nets are 1.5 with 4 to go. They play Toronto, Philly, Washington and Boston.

Philly plays Miami, Indiana, NJ, Milwaukee, Atlanta. The last two games for them are gimmee games so hopefully they'll falter in the next three.

I really think that the Nets could cause the Heat big problems in the first round, but Richard Jefferson in shape is a must.

Gah... First, the Timberwolves have a terrible season the eyar after making it out of the first round for the first time, and now the excitement over the Bulls heading into the playoffs for the first time in 7 years is almost ruined because 2 starters, Luol deng and leading scorer Eddie Curry, are out for the year.

Fuck.

The Bulls are through. Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for them, but they are too injured and too inexperienced to deal with most of the teams in the East that have any kind of experience. I do give them a shot if they match up with Wash. or Cleveland, but with Deng and Curry out, I'm not sure they have enough.

I'm still more than happy with a playoff berth (and probably home court advantage for the first round) but I'm also disappointed.

I believe the Bulls at full strength could beat any team in the East in a seven game series except for Miami. They'd have a tough time against Detroit, but the season series this year shows me that the Bulls are capable of beating the Pistons.

Yeah look at the bright side. Chicago has a young, talented, and deep team. Next year if they figure out what to do with Curry and Chandler they can make a good playoff run.

I think the Bulls will be hurt, but not as much as you all may suspect. These guys have been going at it pretty well as a team, similar to Detroit. Don't write them off in the playoffs just cuz Deng and Curry are gone.

Also, are any of you guys watching the Nets/Raps game? This is insane how much Toronto hates Vince. I've never heard such loud boos in a basketball game ever. The cheers for when he misses are almost even louder. Also, with the crowd chants, this game feels more like a wrestling match than a basketball game.

I'm disheartened, but I'm not doubting them. They did lose their top scorer and another starter, but they're a team in every sense of the word, so the team as a whole is better than the sum of its parts.

They went on that 9 game win streak while plagued with injuries, so they have a shot. The lack of playoff experience is more of a detriment to their chances than the injuries as far as I'm concerned.

As I said before, if they can step things up to make up for Deng and Curry being out, they're better than any team in the East except Miami and maybe Detroit.

God, I can't wait to see the Bulls in the playoffs again, especially since I hardly got to see any games this season.

I'd hate Carter's guts too if i was in Toronto. The guy just phoned it in, and admitted it later. What an ass. A talented ass, but an ass nonetheless. Unfortunatly its looking like the Nets will probably surpass the cavs for the last spot. just the momentum.

I sort of have mixed reactions to Vince. On one side, I'm thinking that without Vince, the Raptors might be the worse team in the NBA right now. Without Vince, the Toronto Raptors might be the Memphis Raptors right now or something. So that part of me is actually thanking him for putting Toronto on the map in the NBA. Although, another side of me is also pissed off at him for just giving up on Toronto like that. An athlete's there to try his best and he flat out didn't. For that, he basically threw away a few seasons down the drain.

Despite the mixed emotions though, I do love to watch the spectacle of him getting booed out of the building.

I hate Vince Carter for the simple fact that it doesn't matter how hard he tries in a game, he's going to live off that dunk contest for the rest of his life and as a result a deserving All-Star forward in the East will sit at home until he retires because the idiot fans keep voting him in every year. Fuck Vince Carter.

I hate Vince Carter for the simple fact that it doesn't matter how hard he tries in a game, he's going to live off that dunk contest for the rest of his life and as a result a deserving All-Star forward in the East will sit at home until he retires because the idiot fans keep voting him in every year. Fuck Vince Carter.

Why do you care?

Yes fuck Vince Carter for doing an amazing dunk that the fans still remember and vote on.

Is it his fault the votes him in? No.

So blaming it on Vince is pretty laughable

I hate Vince Carter for the simple fact that it doesn't matter how hard he tries in a game, he's going to live off that dunk contest for the rest of his life and as a result a deserving All-Star forward in the East will sit at home until he retires because the idiot fans keep voting him in every year.  Fuck Vince Carter.

So, if you'll notice, I did blame the fans.

I did word the beginning of my post a little wrong though. He knows he's made for life with one dunk, so he can sit out games with stubbed toes and half-ass in games all he wants, was the point I was trying to make.

Although it's obvious the only reason you even post anymore is to start flame wars, so it's pointless to even debate this.

Although it's obvious the only reason you even post anymore is to start flame wars, so it's pointless to even debate this.

??????

You keep believing that alf.

You're the one who said Fuck Vince Carter at the end of your post and since your post was about the one dunk from 2000, I just naturally put 2 and 2 together.

Funny, ever since coming to New Jersey, except for his first few games, I haven't seen Vince sit-out or half ass one game.

And I think VC does care about winning, especially after seeing the way he's played in the Nets playoff push.

I didn't know disagreeing with someone meant starting a flame war

Funny, ever since coming to New Jersey, except for his first few games, I haven't seen Vince sit-out or half ass one game.

Funny how before coming to New Jersey, he seriously dogged it in games and cried like a baby until obtaining said trade. But I guess we'll ignore that for the sake of making your so-called counterpoint look better.

And I think VC does care about winning, especially after seeing the way he's played in the Nets playoff push.

That's true, but it also proves my point about him half-assing it in Toronto. You don't think he could have put up those same numbers there if he felt like it?

Bulls bitchslapped the Magic 117-77. Reassuring.

Can people who know more about the NBA than I tell me how the likely Chicago-Indiana series will look? It seems both teams are rather shorthanded but getting by with great coaching. Should be interesting to see. It'd be kind of weird if the same franchise that pretty much prevented Reggie Miller (and so many more) from getting a championship is the one that does him in for the last time.

Seattle FINALLY clinched the NW Division.

It's been a hard last 10 games without Rashard and Radmonovic.

(Cough cough.) Getting swept by the Nuggets (cough cough.)

the key words being "ever since". That's what, half a season? Clearly all the talk about his haphazard play talk is about his time in TORONTO.

WOW, After half-assing, deliberatly phoning it in for YEARS, he didn't HALF-ASS FOR AN ENTIRE HALF-SEASON!!!

What an achievement!!! Talk about lowered expectations.

I'd rather see Lebron and AI make the playoffs they play their hearts out even if the entire team around them sucks ass, unlike Vince 'waaaaah' Carter. Anyways my heart warms to know he will never ever win a ring.

Does anyone else think that Minnesota might still have a shot at making the playoffs? I mean it's not going to be easy for Memphis to beat San Antonio or Dallas in their last two games, so if the T-Wolves can just win their last three games, they should be able to make it.

I think it would be really hilarious if after all that demonizing of the T-Wolves, they actually made the playoffs, and maybe even won a series or two.

Memphis, Minnesota... It doesn't matter. They're just fighting for the right to job to Phoenix in Round 1.

And how about the Rockets stopping the "hottest team in the league" cold?