TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kkktookmybabyaway

Question about black people...

I was friends with mostly black guys in high school since all the white guys were preppy assholes. I used the word nigger at lunch once, and they almost kicked my ass for pronouncing it with the "er". So from then on I just said "antique farming equipment" instead. Luckily they were almost always high, so they just laughed it off.

Kidding! Kidding! I hope Ripper doesn't come and punch me in the knee... :ph34r:

Huh? "devil weed"? WTF is that?

Odds are it's some stupid pagan magick thing which is really more of an urban legend than an ancient somethingornother.

990725_Greenlandic_cotten_small.jpg

I saw a movie while still in middle school (probably Friday or something) and the next day I was talking to a black kid in my class.

For whatever reason, I let something along the lines of "stop it negro" out of my mouth.

Took me a few hours to realize what I had said - got alot of dirty looks from other black kids in the hallway.

And I never apologized - which is something I still regret.

I wasn't racist, just a fat white kid with poor social skills who watched too much TV.

Hitler wasn't racist either, just a misunderstood man who wanted world peace. You fucking bigot.

Why is it a common misconception that sickle-cell anemia is confined to black people?

I thought they legitimately were more likely to get it. Not confined, no. Is that not true?

Why is it a common misconception that sickle-cell anemia is confined to black people?

I thought they legitimately were more likely to get it. Not confined, no. Is that not true?

Oh, us whiteys get it, too. But I have heard people swear up and down that only the black man gets it. Maybe it's like the old adage that "only homos get AIDS?"

Doesn't having sickle cell mean no chance of malaria?

I can't remember what it cancelled out, but I'm pretty sure it cancelled something out.

Or maybe I'm thinking of some other disease.

Doesn't having sickle cell mean no chance of malaria?

I can't remember what it cancelled out, but I'm pretty sure it cancelled something out.

Or maybe I'm thinking of some other disease.

"In heterozygotes, the disadvantages of the abnormal haemoglobin are apparently outweighed by increased resistance to Plasmodium falciparum malaria, probably because parasitised cells tend to sickle and are then removed from circulation."

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?sickle+cell+anaemia