TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

Were the Transformers Homosexuals?

The animation in Call of the Primitives was awesome, the best animation of the entire series. I think the episode Dweller in the Depths had very good animation as well.

Megatron had Soundwave as his super loyal guy similar to the Cyclonus/Galvatron relationship. But the latter's relationship went farther. You could tell especially in the Webworld episode, it seems like Cyclonus really cared for(or even loved)Galvatron when his personality was going to be wiped out.

I'd actually seen both these episodes rather recently, cuz I'd borrowed a tape off a friend, who had gotten it at a convention.

CotP looked pretty good even today, but Web World's animation was a lot worse (saw 'em back to back of course).

Another one on there was Only Human, where COBRA COMMANDER guest-starred. Several of the main autobots were turned human (including Optimus and Arcee, naturally--he was pretty homely looking and she was a generic blond wearing a bulky pink jumpsuit), and the baddies were riding around with the autobots' bodies committing crimes.

Last one I recall was The Ultimate Weapon, which had First Aid getting a starring role for the ep and featured some of the huuuuuge TFs in action.

quick correction Andrew, it was Rodimus turned into a human, Optimus hadn't come back yet...

Carnage In C Minor was the absolute worst, I can't say it enough...I still watch it from time to time for comedic reasons...

I've read it before, it's pretty good...if it were a real card, it'd be dreadful!

The only thing that would have saved it was the Autobot City battle...

That's possibly the funniest parody of Keith's writing that I've ever seen. This bit was my favorite:

--Arcee, Daniel, Springer, Blur & Perceptor vs. The Junkions: This is street fight rules. It's your cookie-cutter garbage match that went out years ago. Hey, Junkions, take your shtick back to Philly, you mutants. It's kind of stalematish, until HotRod and company show up in the Quintessons' commandered ship--which is a visible continuity error, since there's no way HotRod and company would know where the AutoJobbers were--and run-in, calming the Junkions with the "Universal Greeting" for the thrilling no-finish. 3/4 * WTF? You can end a fight just by saying hello? That's worse than "yodeling" finish in "Mars Attacks!" Quick! Someone tell the troops at home and abroad fighting the War on Terror! All terrorists around the world will turn themselves in if Dubaya gets a satelite feed and says "Bah-Weep-Gra-Na-Weep-Ninny-Bong" on all the major networks. Actually, I don't know if that would work, but it's a funny visual anyway. I crack myself up.

Beast Wars took place thousands of years after the events of the original series, that's about all I really know because the series was shit and I didn't bother to follow it...it does follow the same canon, unlike these last few animated series, though...all I'm really sayin is, if it's not the 80s series, don't bother with it...

There are Trans Fans that say Beast Wars is the best cartoon in the whole TF universe. I just couldn't get into it back in the day, so I wouldn't know.

Basically, several years after the first cartoon, the 2 factions were fighting out in space when something goes awry and they end up in a time warp. This sends them to prehistoric Earth.

It continued the G1 continuity: a reformatted Ravage was in one episode, and mentioned the original Megatron; Starscream's "spark", or ghost hit a time warp and ended up in Beast Wars, possessing people. And at one point, the factions realized they were on Earth, which meant that the Ark--the shuttle where the Autobots and Decepticons were lying deactivated for millions of years before being reactivated in 1984, was on the planet. The Predacon's new orders were to get into the Ark and kill Optimus Prime, and change history in the Decep's favor, forever. In one season finale episode, Beast Wars' Megatron was able to bore into the Ark. He was flying through the shuttle past deactivated G1 Transformers rendered in computer graphics (who were all much, much bigger than the Beast Wars TFs. The way a G1 TF would look next to Devastator should give you the size ratio). BW Megatron flew up to Prime, and fired a fully charged blast at his head, blowing it up and causing a time rift.

Somehow, the Maximals were able to fix everything, as usual (with a scene where Optimus Prime activates for a second, looks at Optimus Primal, then deactivates again). But I think that's one of the most intriguing things about the whole series.

I would recommend, if you can find them, episodes from Japan's "Headmasters" series...it takes place right after TROOP and completely ignores that 3 episode load of horseshit known as "Rebirth"...it features the return of the Matrix, the death of Optimus Prime (again), Rodimus becomming leader again, Ultra Magnus getting waxed by new Decepticon badass Sixshot, Season 1 and 2 characters actually appearing side by side with Season 3 characters amongst other things...the focus is on the Headmasters, of course, but it's non of that silly Nebulan garbage...it's the same animation studio so it's basically like watching Season 4...I don't know if it's dubbed though, so I recommend having a Japanese friend who can explain it all to you as you watch!

Guest Berserk_Fury

The headmasters series is okay, from what I have seen of it. The big negative of it is the english dub, which is horrible. It seems like there are 5 or 6 people doing voices for everyone, and they all seem the same.

I really liked beast wars. I kind of rejected it when it was on at first because it wasn't G1, but after watching it a few years later, I really liked it.Tying it into G1 was a good idea as well. I liked Beast Machines, up until they made cyberton into a forest, which was stupid.

Has watched the later versions like Robots in Disguise, Armada, and Energon? I only watched a couple of eps of RID, and they were okay. Armada was horrible until the last 2 or 3 episodes. I have seen most of energon and it has been boring to watch.

I get confused on which series was which after Beast Wars. Whichever one was computer generated and happened on Cybertron was alright, I caught it a few times when I'd been up all Friday night and was just winding down watching tv the next morning. However, the new animated one that Cartoon Network put out was just godawful, clearly nothing more than a cheap attempt to cash in on the Pokemon generation with the Transformers name and characters slapped on top of it. I can't believe they ditched the awesome new HeMan cartoon but they kept this load of shite.

I've never even heard of Headmasters before, it sounds pretty cool. It also further confirms my theory that I could make a shitload of money if I could simply find someone who spoke Japanese really well. All I'd need is a cheap character generator and a stack of imported Japanese videos and DVDs of untranslated shows, and I could churn out my own library of bootleg videos subtitled in English. I think there would be a HUGE underground market for that sort of thing, considering the vast amount of untranslated or badly dubbed stuff out there.

Guest Berserk_Fury

I am finding out more about the masterforce and Victory series that followed Headmasters. I may try to buy some copies if it sounds interesting enough. I think Cartoon Network will be showing the last of the Energon episodes sometime in May. As bad as energon is, I hope Transformers Cyberton will be an improvement.

I liked the Cartoon network version of He Man. The episodes where the snake men arrived and overthrew Skeletor and turned all of his men into stone was great. They could have had most of the season to have the Masters fight the snake men and at the end, Skeletor would run off the Snake men and return as He-man's big foe. I was hoping that Hordak would show up, since he was teased a couple of times.

Yeah I only heard of the Headmasters recenetly when my Japanese friend sprung it on me after learning how much I love the Transformers...

The Headmasters were some of my favorite Transformers toys back in the day. I remember reading the comics with them in it.

And Beast Wars was very good. It just takes some getting used to.

Yeah I only heard of the Headmasters recenetly when my Japanese friend sprung it on me after learning how much I love the Transformers...

The Headmasters were some of my favorite Transformers toys back in the day. I remember reading the comics with them in it.

And Beast Wars was very good. It just takes some getting used to.