TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

Were the Transformers Homosexuals?

Starscream is a top, and if you cry out he'll kill you. Don't fuck with him.

Man, everyone is talking awful big about a guy who'd blow your shit up like *that* if he was here.

what I always wondered is why Galvatron was powerful enough to completely disintegrate Starscream but couldn't repeat that on anyone else...

I'd kinda peg Soundwave as gay since he was a mother-type for Rumble and Frenzy, had an affinity for cats (Ravage) and birds (Laserbeak) and was basically Megatron's bitch...

what I always wondered is why Galvatron was powerful enough to completely disintegrate Starscream but couldn't repeat that on anyone else...

I'd kinda peg Soundwave as gay since he was a mother-type for Rumble and Frenzy, had an affinity for cats (Ravage) and birds (Laserbeak) and was basically Megatron's bitch...

It was because Starscream gave him that Jerhico bitch kick when he was all fucked up from fighting Prime. It pissed him off so much he blew him the fuck up. That was the funniest shit in the history of the show. The kick...not the blowing up Starscream...who kicked ass.

no, Starscream was never able to get over on Megatron and dominate...as big an icon Starscream is to TF fans, he really was a little bitch that always got put in his place...he couldn't even get over on Galvatron who was in the middle of a personality disorder, a manic depressive and bipolar...

Which is why he's cursed to be a bottom.

Among my circle of friends when I was a kid, Soundwave and Starscream were the only favorites. People liked Megatron and Optimus too, but not as much as those two. Soundwave had an awesome voice, was competent, and got to shoot Megatron. Starscream was Starscream, i.e. the most evil little bastard in cartoons.

When they had Starscream turn into a good guy in the newer Transformer series I died a little inside. The total absence of Soundwave was just as bad.

I never watched Transformers. I stuck to Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles. Didn't know much about stuff outside of those except the Mario/other Nintendo cartoons.

I've actually found Transformers slash fan fiction on the net. How anyone could find two robots fucking erotic is beyond me, but there are people who do, proving that there is no limit when it comes human sexuality.

Megatron and Starscream had to be going out. Don't let the movie fool ya.

I saw Transformers: The Motion Picture in the fucking THEATER. I proudly wear that metaphorical badge.

Looking back at it now, that is one weird movie. Really uneven and inconsistent in terms of quality. At moments the animation seems better than anything Disney or Japan ever created; at others, it just looks like jerky stop-motion shit. Sometimes the dialogue is Joss Whedon good; at other times it's Resident Evil 1 bad. The plot was all over the place, too; it's unafraid to brutally kill off half of my childhood heroes, but not one human dies in the entire movie?

^ The MPAA must not care about robot deaths. The whole planet of Lithone got eaten in the beginning, and we see two robots get digested in Unicron's acid pit near the end, and yet it still gets a PG rating.

And the deaths were brutal. Having fire come out of Prowl's face, and about 10 holes blown all over the chests of Ironhide and Rachet was jaw droppingly violent for a kid's movie. And then Ironhide got shot in the head at point blank range with a bazooka, although it was offscreen.

And Wheeljack and Windcharger made unceremonious exits--we don't know what happened to them although we see their dead bodies with gaping chest wounds.

But yes, the movie rules all and sucks hard all in one package. I didn't think one film could ever do that, but here it is.

^ I could be hearing it wrong, but isn't it Spike that curses?

yes...

The problem with this movie is that it starts out hot, from the beginning through the battle at Autobot City...after that point you realize it's really just an hour and a half long commercial for new toys as the plot hits rock bottom...

I like to think the movie is great until after Starscream's death scene. That's the last of the old guard dying on screen, and when it's the new TFs running around the galaxy, it goes downhill and goes fast. I guess it picks up again at the Unicron vs. Everyone scene.

Have you ever actually sat down and tried to analyze Season 3 (The Rodimus/Galvatron Era)...horrible animation, horrible HORRIBLE plots, lame characters, pretty much NO ONE from the first two seasons (Soundwave, Blaster and Bumblebee are pretty much it)...it's like the producers just gave up and phoned it in the rest of the way...watch the episode "Carnage In C Minor". That is probably the worst produced episode of any cartoon in American history...

I can pretty much ignore most animation errors in Transformers. It was the way of the land. But "Carnage in C-Minor" was absolutely ridiculous. Presumed dead Autobots fighting in Decepticon ranks, Ultra Magnus picking up two Constructacons who were the size of Rumble, and much more. I want to know what was going on at the animation studio that week.

^ The MPAA must not care about robot deaths. The whole planet of Lithone got eaten in the beginning, and we see two robots get digested in Unicron's acid pit near the end, and yet it still gets a PG rating.

And the deaths were brutal. Having fire come out of Prowl's face, and about 10 holes blown all over the chests of Ironhide and Rachet was jaw droppingly violent for a kid's movie. And then Ironhide got shot in the head at point blank range with a bazooka, although it was offscreen.

And Wheeljack and Windcharger made unceremonious exits--we don't know what happened to them although we see their dead bodies with gaping chest wounds.

But yes, the movie rules all and sucks hard all in one package. I didn't think one film could ever do that, but here it is.

This is the main reason the movie is hard to watch, and freaked me out as a kid. It was like every big character just got the axe. I remember losing my mind during the Megatron-to-Galvatron scene, but I can't remember why.

Galvatron destroying Starscream in two seconds but not being able to do that to anyone else was just silly. As someone said, it was that final "fuck you" to all of the G1 fans by taking out one of their idols in the most hum-ho of fashions. No fighting, no giant battle, just ZAP! and it's over.

Galvatron then crushes a crown that nobody had ever seen before, which must have come from the same supply closet as the Matrix that nobody had ever seen before.