TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Hell will freeze over before Kansas City trades Zach Greinke.

And just to give an idea of Greinke's talent, the only pitcher post-1900 to post a better K:BB ratio as a 20 year old was Doc Gooden.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't understand why Greinke isn't the Royals ace right now. He's the only guy that's looked competent on the mound for him. It's a shame he'll probably finish this season with a 3 something ERA and have 12+ losses.

The wind's blowing out in Cincy and in the first inning, all three Reds outs were close to being homers, but instead, were three superb catches. I think I should've benched Prior, though.

Another interesting tidbit. Odalis Perez is 3-0. He won 7 games in total last year (due to bad, bad run support).

Why was he nonexistent in the FA market last year? He has good stuff, and hes a lefty. The only reason I had was because of his horrible post season.

Manny Ramirez came 10 feet short of landing a HR ball on the Mass Pike. OVER the Monster, OVER the lights...sick.

So they brought back the juiced ball to make us all feel that steroids really didnt affect the game much I see...

Another interesting tidbit.  Odalis Perez is 3-0.  He won 7 games in total last year (due to bad, bad run support).

Why was he nonexistent in the FA market last year? He has good stuff, and hes a lefty. The only reason I had was because of his horrible post season.

Lack of dominating stuff or gaudy win/loss records, coupled with his poor postseason.

Nomar's insistence to make every play dramatic costs the Cubs a run instead of getting out of the inning. He had Aurillia by quite a bit but sidearmed the fucker like he was trying to hit someone. And he popped out on the first pitch with the bases loaded. Jackass.

If Randy Johnson loses this game, and with the luck the Yankees have tonight*, it could happen, I might shoot myself.

* Having a DP turned JUST because the ball went RIGHT to the shortstop, who was covering 2nd because Matsui was stealing. Or Wolmack getting thrown out at home due to the Rays making a PERFECT relay throws. In the same inning.

So Derek Jeter gives up a run scoring error. He also lets three hits bounce to his left, hits that a "gold glove" infielder might have gotten to. But of course, I doubt he'll be blamed for this loss.

Bastard al just won some free Phillies tickets. Of course judging by tonight that might be considered punishment.

Did I? I'm having a bitch of a time accessing my e-mail, and I flipped over to the Yankee game after the 6th.

So Derek Jeter gives up a run scoring error. He also lets three hits bounce to his left, hits that a "gold glove" infielder might have gotten to. But of course, I doubt he'll be blamed for this loss.

While I'm mighty pissed about the DP he bounced into, that error took a nasty hop.

And this is awful. I can't remember the last time we lost at home to the D-Rays.

So Derek Jeter gives up a run scoring error.  He also lets three hits bounce to his left, hits that a "gold glove" infielder might have gotten to.  But of course, I doubt he'll be blamed for this loss.

While I'm mighty pissed about the DP he bounced into, that error took a nasty hop.

And this is awful. I can't remember the last time we lost at home to the D-Rays.

They were 10-o at home last year, so I assume 2003 wa sthe last. anyhow, why is it that they never score alot of runs for Randy?

Of course Im not watching the game cuz I cant. WIsh I had the extra dough for extra innings package.

Because Cy Nomo is unhittable.

No, its the same reasons. The ability to the 10000th power to suck at hitting with RISP. Swinging at bad pitches. And in general, just flat out sucking. Add that with our suddenley suckass bullpen, and now Randys HR happy pitching, walah.

Guest SpiderFan

Jays split the series in Boston, which puts us back in second place, and we still have yet to lose a series.

It'd be nice if this lasts, but the realist in me doesn't think it will.

The Yankees traditionally perform poorly after they win 19-8 games.

Thats what made me nervous

anyhow the last few years they always seem to leave lots on base. Don't get it since they have so many great hitters, well in theory that is.

Besides, I have been saying for years that the media overhyped Alex.

Jays split the series in Boston, which puts us back in second place, and we still have yet to lose a series.

It'd be nice if this lasts, but the realist in me doesn't think it will.

I'm just enjoying for it as long as we can go. We had an awful early schedule and just to have a winning record for the road trip is quite good.

Also positive is that Batista picked up his 4th Save in a season where closers all over the place have been struggling (isn't that right Mr. Foulke?). Aside from that one bad outing where the Jays won anyways, he's pitched quite well.

Guest LooneyTune

I'm more shocked that the Nationals have a winning record than the Blue Jays not losing a series yet this season, and the Yankees tied for last with the D-Rays in the East.