TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Clemens is the best damn pitcher of all time.

And if the Stros start to suck, he'll be a Yankee at the trade deadline.

:P

Him pitching successfully in the NL is much more than a coincidence. He was almost physically done his last year in the AL.

Clemens is the best damn pitcher of all time.

And if the Stros start to suck, he'll be a Yankee at the trade deadline.

:P

The Yankees have nothing in prospects to offer the Astros. Clemens isn't going to be traded, unless he asks to be.

Hey Al,

Encarnacion: Fluke start, or was the injured shoulder excuse not really an excuse?

And Dontrelle just gives up a HR to Vidro to end the scoreless streak.

Fluke start is in he is doing worse than expected, or better?

Better. He has the second highest OPS on the Marlins, and a very Un-Encarnacion-like .362 OBP. That's also before tonight when he had a pair of RBI hits.

He's been hitting in the 5 spot for the past two games, and actually producing there.

It's remarkable.

Guest Smues

And for the 2nd game in a row the Braves go into extra innings with a score of 0-0.

Hey Al,

Encarnacion: Fluke start, or was the injured shoulder excuse not really an excuse?

And Dontrelle just gives up a HR to Vidro to end the scoreless streak.

Fluke start is in he is doing worse than expected, or better?

Better. He has the second highest OPS on the Marlins, and a very Un-Encarnacion-like .362 OBP. That's also before tonight when he had a pair of RBI hits.

He's been hitting in the 5 spot for the past two games, and actually producing there.

It's remarkable.

It's way too early to draw any conclusions. Right now he's hitting .256 (11 for 43). If he was 10 for 43, that would be a .233 batting average. He's reached base 18 times in 50 plate appearances, for a .360 OBP. If he failed to reach base two more times (once a week), his OBP would be back down to .320. So honestly, I do not know.

Guest Smues

Well that was odd. Giles pops it up behind first and Bagwell and Biggio both stroll over, stand there, then watch it drop behind them.

Guest Smues

Kolb gets through the bottom half of the inning and Atlanta wins 1-0. Three days in a row of great pitching, huzzah for all these games being on TV.

Guest Salacious Crumb

The Reds need to get Willy Mo Pena into the every day lineup.

No they should trade him while there is a lot of hype around him for a good pitching prospect. His complete lack of plate patience will catch up to him. Come on 34 walks in 545 career at bats and .306 OBP? Bleh.

No they should trade him while there is a lot of hype around him for a good pitching prospect. His complete lack of plate patience will catch up to him. Come on 34 walks in 545 career at bats and .306 OBP? Bleh.

He can improve on that. In a full season, he'll hit you 35-40 homeruns a year, without a question in my mind.

Sandy Alderson is the new CEO of the San Diego Padres. Doesn't sound like big news, but he was a major architect of the late 80s Oakland A's and their success. Big proponent of on-base percentage uber alles and basing farm team call-ups and send-downs on that stat. Apparently San Diego's farm system isn't at its best, so Alderson should improve that. He's all over the first couple chapters of Moneyball.

I forgot where I read the rumor about Wily Mo Pena going to Tampa for Danys Baez.

No way Cincy makes that deal. They are reportedly asking for two top flight pitching prospects, or one one pitching stud like Carlos Zambrano for Pena or Kearns.

I forgot where I read the rumor about Wily Mo Pena going to Tampa for Danys Baez.

No way Cincy makes that deal. They are reportedly asking for two top flight pitching prospects, or one one pitching stud like Carlos Zambrano for Pena or Kearns.

That would be dumb for the Cubs to trade Carlos within their division. Plus, I'd trade Kerry before Carlos.

That wouild be dumb for the Cubs to trade Carlos within their division. Plus, I'd trade Kerry before Carlos.

I do not think the cubs would make that trade, I am just giving an example of what the reds say they want.

That would be dumb for the Cubs to trade Carlos within their division. Plus, I'd trade Kerry before Carlos.

Trade Zambrano? Fuck that. I'd rather have him than Pena. Plus, I think he really likes being a Chicago Cub, and I fear that if he was traded, that nutball would set fire to Wrigley Field on his way out of town.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Maybe they could get someone like Greinke from Kansas City.