TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Bad lost for the Yanks. Jeter will and should get the blame. The DP and the error killed us, but he'll bounce back.

Positive note, we didn't lost 16-4 to the Mets. Thats brutal.

Pedro Astacio continues to perform great for the Rangers, pitching 8 scoreless innings vs Oakland. He's put up an ERA of 1.64 and a WHIP of 0.91 after 3 games, he'd be 3-0 if it wasn't for his bullpen sucking and running into a Roy Halladay complete game.

I'm more shocked that the Nationals have a winning record than the Blue Jays not losing a series yet this season, and the Yankees tied for last with the D-Rays in the East.

I hate this "Well, look at these Washington Nationals! I say, they sure look better than they did in Montreal! Having a true home sure helps!"

No, having Major League Baseball not sabotage the fucking team for once sure helps.

Les Expos finished second in the East in 2002, and were a wild card contender in 2003 until the Labor Day callups when MLB said "sry d00ds you can't get teh minor leaguers" and left the team to rot for the last month, then in 2004 assembled a team that was built to finish dead last because they couldn't afford to spend the money. Then there was Omar Minaya jumping off the sinking ship for the Mets before the season even ended, which I'm convinced couldn't fly with any other team in the majors. Fast forward to the end of 2004, when suddenly they acquire Guillen, Castilla, Guzman, and Loaiza, who can't come that cheap. But ownership never changed, so how are they any more available for Washington than they were for Montreal?

So basically it feels like MLB orchestrated the shitty finale for the Expos and then loaded up the Nationals to look somewhat respectable to further the illusion that DC is good and Canada is bad. Just a thought.

I'm surprised no one's questioned the move made during the Red Sox game, removing Ramirez in the late innings with just a two-run lead. And as faith would have it, there came a spot in the eighth where Jay Payton came to the plate with two on and two down. Of course, this would've been Manny's spot had he not be lifted earlier.

Ah, I can understand the decision. Manny's only had hit FIVE homers in a 72 hour span, with his last one almost landing on the highway. He probably was burned out.

Terry, do you REALLY want the fans to turn against you again?

16-4? Well I guess that Schilling trade can be officially declared an ass-raping now..

Hey, fuck you Ed Wade..

Hardly. Padilla gave the Phillies two very good years, and Omar Daal added another fine season.

Also positive is that Batista picked up his 4th Save in a season where closers all over the place have been struggling (isn't that right Mr. Foulke?). Aside from that one bad outing where the Jays won anyways, he's pitched quite well.

Even in that game, he was *this close* to striking out Bellhorn, Myers (I think it was him catching) dropped a foul tip that would have ended the game before the Red Sox came back.

So basically it feels like MLB orchestrated the shitty finale for the Expos and then loaded up the Nationals to look somewhat respectable to further the illusion that DC is good and Canada is bad. Just a thought.

I'll be interested to see what happens if the Nationals are still in contention by the trade deadline. The fans in Washington aren't going to put up with the same shit that went down in Montreal, and the other owners can't sabotage the team for whatever ownership group comes out of the woodwork. The NL East owners may be forced into a position where they have to fund their biggest rival's stretch drive acquisitions.

Not that I think this team has a prayer of contending, but I'd love to see that scenario play out after getting ass-raped the last 3 years.

I forgot where I read the rumor about Wily Mo Pena going to Tampa for Danys Baez.

No way Cincy makes that deal. They are reportedly asking for two top flight pitching prospects, or one one pitching stud like Carlos Zambrano for Pena or Kearns.

Baez lets the Reds take Graves out from the bullpen and either:

1- Use him in the rotation/long relief

2- Trade him

3- Dump him in the Ohio river

Baez has very good stuff and is wasted on a team like Tampa, who needs offense and starters.

Nothing against Baez, but the reason the reds have not completed a trade is because they want a number 1 pitcher or prospect in return. So far no team has offered, and rightfully so, as Pena has not fully proven himself yet. The reds are confident he will, so why trade him now for a decent pitcher if you think in 4 months you could get a number 1? They have no desire to trade him unless the trade makes them a playoff contender, or really stocks the farm system with good pitching. Baez would not make the reds good enough to contend, so there is no point in making the deal. Basically, you are just giving Pena away.

The Reds still have Ryan Wagner waiting in the wings to eventually supplant Graves as closer don't they? I remember alot of talk about him taking over as closer before last season, until Wagner got shelled early and Graves started racking up saves left and right in spite of himself. I haven't heard a word about Wagner since, but he can't be much worse than Danny's 'give up a run, two hits and a walk but somehow still escape with the save' act.

Looks like Nomar is done for quite some time. Seems like he ripped his groin apart just out of the batter's box.

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Looks like Nomar is done for quite some time. Seems like he ripped his groin apart just out of the batter's box.

Did Nomar shoot a family member of yours? Or was he really THAT much of a prick in Boston?

Did Nomar shoot a family member of yours? Or was he really THAT much of a prick in Boston?

Agreed. He might have been moody, but he was certainly not an asshole.

Hey, way to shit on your team's star player for all those years, you stupid prick.

After seeing his sorry "fake" ass sitting by himself on the bench last year before he got traded during a close yankee game I have ZERO respect for him.

After seeing his sorry "fake" ass sitting by himself on the bench last year before he got traded during a close yankee game I have ZERO respect for him.

Because where a guy sits is a true sign of his testament, character, and reliability? If the blithering talk show idiots hasn't gotten a hold of it, it would be a non-story.