TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimensions

Possible Hell in a Cell for Vengeance

Thanks to Pwtorch for the following:

-The WWE has given away the main event for WWE Vengeance by releasing the Pay Per View poster for that event. The poster features both Triple H and Dave Batista facing each other below it with the heading "Hell In The Cell" at the top of the poster. This clearly indicates that neither Batista or Triple H will be moving from Raw to Smackdown! and also signals another rematch between the two in June. This should be the third time that the two will meet.

-HHH was in good spirits when he learned that his MRI came back and showed that there was no serious damage done to his neck or back and he wouldn't be missing any matches. He was also happy to learn that there was no chronic degeneration in his back which could possibly cause him to shorten his career.

-HHH vs Jim Ross drew a 4.4 overrun this week on Raw, which was down from the overrun of 4.8 that Batista had drawn the week previously.

No surprise. I predicted a double DQ or some sort at Backlash, and then the HIAC rematch at Vengeance. I could even see the Hogan match getting the main event slot at Backlash.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Wouldn't the next PPV after Backlash for RAW be Bad Blood?

Is HHH still jealous that Undertaker's HIACs are more memorable than his are? In a bad way for the Bossman one, but still...I can't remember the Jericho & Nash HIACs at all and at least Bossman getting hanged I noticed.

They are SO dumb to release this before Backlash...like the people who see this poster will want to see what happens at Backlash now...they know it doesn't matter because a rematch is already scheduled.

Is HHH still jealous that Undertaker's HIACs are more memorable than his are?

HHH apparantly considers HitC to be "his" match.

But I don't know why. The only really memorable one he was in was with Foley, and that was memorable because it was Foley's last match...for about a month.

-HHH vs Jim Ross drew a 4.4 overrun this week on Raw, which was down from the overrun of 4.8 that Batista had drawn the week previously.

Not like the WWE will take note.

But I don't know why. The only really memorable one he was in was with Foley, and that was memorable because it was Foley's last match...for about a month.

And I actually really liked that match, but not nearly as many people remember it or talk about it as the Street Fight a month earlier and Taker/Brock is better than any of the other HIACs since then.

I don't think HBK/Taker & Mankind/Taker need even to be discussed here.

Guest PlatinumBoy

Dang, not to bring the Triple H hate, but Undertaker defintely owns the gimmick. His HIAC with Brock I like better than any of Triple H's, plus he has the Foley one with the famous bump and the HBK one. Taker's HBK HIAC trumps HHH's with HBK big time as well.

Oh God, HHH winning it back at Backlash only to have Batista challenge him via the rematch clause is so goofy I can't imagine it.

The thing is they still can't really have Batista drop the title since Edge will get a shot somewhere along the line and Edge/HHH makes zero sense.

So we really have to sit through 3 more months of HHH-Batista? I can't take this shit anymore, if this really happens I'll prolly turn off RAW for a good time.

Just because they've announced a match doesn't mean the feud will continue full-on between the two. It could come down to HHH or Batista winning at Backlash, a mini-feud for both, then #1 contender match to lead to Vengeance.

So we really have to sit through 3 more months of HHH-Batista? I can't take this shit anymore, if this really happens I'll prolly turn off RAW for a good time.

I likely will too, and I like Batista. It won't be the first time either. I barely watched RAW at all from when Brock left to Smackdown in 2002 'til Benoit showed up in 2003. In the same time, Smackdown has had some rough spots, but it never pissed me off to the point that I quit watching.

Since what I consider to be the real split in September 2002 (when the world title split), Smackdown has had five prominent champions and all but Angle were new to the main event and even he was on the decline by that point spending much of 2002 in terrible feuds with Kane & Edge. Like I've said before, I don't hate HHH, and I really don't. But I am bored of him. It just seems like RAW has been treading water for 3 years, while Smackdown is at least making progress even if the writing isn't that much better. I'm reasonably confident that Judgment Day will be the blowoff to JBL/Cena, unless they transition to someone else via a Triple Threat at their next PPV (GAB?) like they did with Show/Lesnar in 2003.

To recap:

The WWE pissed away two years building only one top level heel and now they have no idea WHO should be in a feud with their top level face.

Also if Hogan match gets top billing on the RAW ppv, it's just proof the WWE doesn't give a flying damn about Batista's reign.

There is no way HHH vs Batista should continue after Backlash, two matches was enough and there should be no need for a gimmick match. Plus the odds of Batista escaping with the win of the feud in a HIAC is slim to none.

Who's to say Triple H wont be DEFENDING the title?

He may win at Backlash, thanks to Flair, and the rematch clause will be activated by Batista, and a HIAC to keep out Flair.

look at the poster. Batista's wearing the belt

-The WWE has given away the main event for WWE Vengeance by releasing the Pay Per View poster for that event. The poster features both Triple H and Dave Batista facing each other below it with the heading "Hell In The Cell" at the top of the poster. This clearly indicates that neither Batista or Triple H will be moving from Raw to Smackdown! and also signals another rematch between the two in June. This should be the third time that the two will meet.

*sigh*

Goddamn Triple H.

-HHH was in good spirits when he learned that his MRI came back and showed that there was no serious damage done to his neck or back and he wouldn't be missing any matches. He was also happy to learn that there was no chronic degeneration in his back which could possibly cause him to shorten his career.

Goddamn MRI.

Goddamn, I wonder why.

I honestly think that the Elimnation Chamber will be considered Triple H's match in a few years.

Goddamn MRI.

Agreed. While I dont wish injury on anyone, I was really hoping that this would force HHH to step aside and heal for a month or so. RAW definitely needs someone new for the faces to drop the World title to.

Guest Ransome
I honestly think that the Elimnation Chamber will be considered Triple H's match in a few years.

As if it isn't already? He's been in all three, and won two.

I don't think the announcement of a HIAC match by itself can pop a huge buyrate anymore. They've used the HIAC far too frequently over the last few years and have had a string of lacklustre matches. Time to find a new gimmick match, I say.

Goddamn, Triple H owns it all folks, look at his accomplishments:

+ 10 Time WWE/World Heavyweight Champion.

+ Multiple Time IC Champion.

+ Tag Team Champion.

+ European Champion.

+ Grand Slam Champion.

+ Married to Vince McMahon's daughter (who is head booker).

+ Booker for the WWE.

+ Retired Mick Foley (for a month).

+ Pinned Stone Cold (clean).

+ Unmasked Kane.

+ Undefeated in HITC matches (unless you count the 6 man one where he didn't get pinned) (HIS match).

+ 2-1 in Elimination Chamber matches (HIS other match).

+ Five Wrestlemania Main Events.

+ Royal Rumble winner.

+ King of the Ring winner.

+ Ric Flair is his manager.

+ Formed DX and Evolution.

+ Acted in Blade 3.

+ Wrote a book. (I don't know what it was about).

+ Has recieved the praises of Hulk Hogan and many other legends in the business.

+ Recovered from "a career threatening" injury.

Anything else?

Oh yeah! He will one day be a 17 time World Heavyweight Champion.

I don't think he's actually the head booker.

Dang, not to bring the Triple H hate, but Undertaker defintely owns the gimmick. His HIAC with Brock I like better than any of Triple H's, plus he has the Foley one with the famous bump and the HBK one. Taker's HBK HIAC trumps HHH's with HBK big time as well.

I think they abandoned the HIAC being Taker's official gimmick match when he lost to Brock.

Guest Hass of Pain

These posters mean absolutely nothing. If I recall correctly, The Survivor Series like two year ago was promoted off of posters bearing the image of The Undertaker saying "Return of the Dead Man" or something when WWE knew way in advance that they had changed plans and The Undertaker wouldn't be returning after all. These posters are made way in advance.

I don't get The Torch on this one:

* This poster obviously needed to be designed, have the photos taken for it, been put together by a graphics firm, sent back to WWE, approved by WWE and then sent to the cable industry, who would approve it and then use it. This process has to take two weeks minimum, and the gears would have had to been in motion since roughly Wrestlemania to produce it.

* The same source, The Torch, reports two days ago as breaking newsletter info that people within WWE are leaning towards moving Batista to Smackdown and John Cena to Raw because they don't have a lot of faith in Batista.

So now, the Torch is claiming that this poster which has probably been around in some form or another since Batista won the title at Wrestlemania is definitive proof that Batista isn't going to Smackdown, despite the fact their own sources told them that he was two days ago.

WWE has fucked up their posters before, and the original plan was to keep Batista on Raw, so I don't think this poster is proof of anything one way or another. If WWE wants to move Batista to Smackdown so badly, they are going to do it regardless.

Goddamn, Triple H owns it all folks, look at his ccomplishments:

+ 10 Time WWE/World Heavyweight Champion.

+ Multiple Time IC Champion.

+ Tag Team Champion.

+ European Champion.

+ Grand Slam Champion.

+ Married to Vince McMahon's daughter (who is head booker).

+ Booker for the WWE.

+ Retired Mick Foley (for a month).

+ Pinned Stone Cold (clean).

+ Unmasked Kane.

+ Undefeated in HITC matches (unless you count the 6 man one where he didn't get pinned) (HIS match).

+ 2-1 in Elimination Chamber matches (HIS other match).

+ Five Wrestlemania Main Events.

+ Royal Rumble winner.

+ King of the Ring winner.

+ Ric Flair is his manager.

+ Formed DX and Evolution.

+ Acted in Blade 3.

+ Wrote a book. (I don't know what it was about).

+ Has recieved the praises of Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and many other legends in the business.

Anything else?

-He breast feeds John Madden

-He once at the bible while water skiing

-He date raped David Bowie

-He sleeps 8 hours a night...though I guess he's pretty normal in that respect