TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Real World XVI, Austin

From Real World Road Rules Blogspot

image_1526463.jpg

Front from left: Nehemiah, Rachel, Danny and Melinda. Back from left: Lacey, Wes and Johanna.

Rachel, 22, California

An Iraq veteran who joined the Army as a combat nurse and served four years. She has a boyfriend she met in Iraq, but will she stray?

Johanna, 21, California

Gorgeous Peruvian American who wants to be a clinical therapist. She's spunky and sweet but a mean-tempered drunk. Deferred acceptance to Columbia University for grad school.

Wes, 20, Kansas

A junior at Arizona State University, he's a frat-house guy who parties hearty and likes to flirt. He had a reputation on Sixth Street early on.

Danny, 21, Massachusetts

Outgoing Bostonian who left home to 'stretch his wings.' He's working for his father's construction company but wants to be a lawyer. Loves Austin and hates to leave.

Lacey, 23, Florida

Unique, and not just for her short hair and virgin status. Born to ex-Wonderful parents who turned religious, the hairdresser was sheltered from pop culture but adapted to life with her much wilder housemates.

Nehemiah, 19, Arizona

Born to a drug-addicted mom and forced to grow up quickly. Quiet but determined. Studied film production in college and wants to direct music videos. The least in love with Austin.

Melinda, 21, Wisconsin

Waitress and aspiring dentist. A model-gorgeous flirt who is willing to try anything once. Also smart and funny, she could be a star.

It's almost time to indulge yourself in the drinking, hook ups, and fights of the new season of the Real World. Filming of the Austin season is wrapping up this week and will premiere on June 21. A trip to Costa Rica and the making of a documentary about the South by Southwest Festival are among the highlights of this season. Get the low down on the cast and the house here.

I don't really watch Real World, but I hope that they didn't go to a tequila bar and waste the good stuff on these kids...

BTW, Austin is a lovely place. I can see why Robert Rodriguez doesn't like leaving it...

Has any city had more representation that Boston & the surrounding suburbs? There seems to be someone from here like every other season.

does CT get any recognition over there, nl? that dude was the only reason I watched that boring ass Paris season...him punking out Adam has to be my all-time favorite RW moment: "I'll work you DAWG! WORK...YOU!"

Lushus, he gets some recognition locally, but just because he lived one town over from where I live now, so I know people that know people that knew him and things like that ... but he's not like a local celebrity or anything.

The only one that I hear good stories about is that fat kid that got pummeled by Abe on their Road Rules season ... my brother-in-law's a cop and assisted in an arrest that included that kid. He tried to pull the "you know who I am?" card, like he's a real celebrity. And I've he spent a while after the season cruising around Boston trying to get recognized and whatnot.

I know Austin is a nice city and all but is it just me or is MTV stretching for new locations for Real World? Austin Texas??!!

I actually think a weird but interesting location would be something like Tokyo or something. Or Australia.

I know Austin is a nice city and all but is it just me or is MTV stretching for new locations for Real World? Austin Texas??!!

UT-Austin is there, there's a shitload of bars, San Antonio is about 90 minutes away. I think it fits the format.

And I think the SxSW festival probably tied into their choice, too.

I should know, but I'm not 100% certain: have they done anywhere in Canada? I'd think Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver would be nice cities for a season.

Toronto's a nice place. Vancouver, if it's anything like Victoria, BC, would be awesome.

I'm going to be watching this show, but if it doesn't top last season, fuck the Real World. I never watched the show, but San Diego hooked me. After that, Philly was a huge letdown, although it had its moments.

Living in Philly I was curious to watch the last one, but I even gave that up after awhile. It was a boring cast with a boring job to do.

I think that Austin could be a cool city to have it in. I was down there for a couple of weeks, and we found a lot of trouble, so I'm sure these kids will be able to to.

Toronto's a nice place. Vancouver, if it's anything like Victoria, BC, would be awesome.

I'm going to be watching this show, but if it doesn't top last season, fuck the Real World. I never watched the show, but San Diego hooked me. After that, Philly was a huge letdown, although it had its moments.

Montreal would be interesting just because of the language difference there.

I liked San Diego too, just because I knew all of the places they were going to, etc.

Montreal would be interesting just because of the language difference there.

They had the language difference in the Paris season, and other than them having a hard time finding the house I really don't remember much happening as a result.

Nehemiah, 19, Arizona

Born to a drug-addicted mom and forced to grow up quickly. Quiet but determined. Studied film production in college and wants to direct music videos. The least in love with Austin.

:lol:

Who are the writers this season?

Me and Bob Barron.

Might be a dumb question Kotz, but do you get RW overseas?

Might be a dumb question Mole, but can you even hear the show with your head up your own ass?

You're just looking for stuff now Meat.

Dude, it's been said that he lives in SC at least fifty times. He's even posted his own address. Don't be mad at me because you have selective reading skills.

Who are the writers this season?

Me and Bob Barron.

Might be a dumb question Kotz, but do you get RW overseas?

Yes, yes we do.

And I insist that I'm added to the writing crew for the Road Rules/Real World programs. I'll give you some real fuckin' television.