TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Box Office Report

Okay, not really. Box Office Mojo has predicted the following Box Office Report for this week.

1 STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH

$35,500,000

29% / $9,697

$85,514,000 / 2

2 MONSTER-IN-LAW

$4,475,000

194% / $1,307

$34,299,000 / 8

3 KICKING AND SCREAMING

$3,335,000

382.7% / $961

$26,810,000 / 8

4 CRASH

$1,565,000

188.9% / $822

$23,668,000 / 15

5 UNLEASHED

$1,135,000

143.6% / $578

$14,862,000 / 8

6 HOUSE OF WAX

$995,000

203.4% / $360

$24,619,000 / 15

7 KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

$975,000

139.9% / $347

$38,656,000 / 15

8 THE INTERPRETER

$795,000

216.6% / $369

$63,287,000 / 29

9 THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

$550,000

171.9% / $249

$45,398,000 / 22

10 MINDHUNTERS

$290,000

176.2% / $279

$2,846,000 / 8

Yeah I was thinking this thread was a bit premature since it doesn't even have Sat. or Sun. figured in. Ep. 3 will make a lot more than 85 million, probably more like 145 million.

From imdb.com:

1. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) $108M $159M

2. Monster-in-Law (2005) $14.3M $44.1M

3. Kicking & Screaming (2005) $10.5M $34M

4. Crash (2004) $5.5M $27.6M

5. Unleashed (2005/I) $3.84M $17.6M

6. Kingdom of Heaven (2005) $3.35M $41M

7. House of Wax (2005) $3.16M $26.8M

8. The Interpreter (2005) $2.8M $65.3M

9. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005) $2.01M $46.9M

10. Mindhunters (2004) $909K $3.47M

Anything coming out in the next couple of weeks that might knock ROTS out of the top spot? The so-called "big releases" all look pretty underwhelming to me.

Guest El Satanico
Anything coming out in the next couple of weeks that might knock ROTS out of the top spot?

Madagascar has a good chance to knock it out next week. The Longest Yard is a possibility, but even with Sandler it's a long shot.

If it remains #1 next week, it may stay there until at least June 10th.

Sandler's no longer much of a draw.

"Madagascar" will only attract people who mistakenly beleive its a Disney movie.

ROTS is going to do INSANE repeat business (I've already seen it twice myself), which is the real key to runaway hit status.

Guest *KNK*

Magadascar will really draw in that kids market and the recent slew of animated movies have been good, so you can expect older audiences to seek them as well. Animated movies are enjoying fantastic openings these days and I certaintly wont be surprised if ROTS suffers a drop, will it be enough to fall down from #1? I dont think so.

ROTS won't hurt Magadascar's success though thats for sure.

Longest Yard should be a great hit considering Sandler's one of hollywood's elite "BANK" stars and its a sports movie loaded with names and has been on a hype blitz for months now. I will call Longest Yard making a great deal of $$$. Next weekend should be a fantastic weekend for the box office.

There have been quite a few animated flops in the last few years. This will be the movie parents take their little kids to see once, while the teenagers go to see ROTS for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th time.

The only sure-thing animated movies are the ones made by Pixar.

My problem with "The Longest Yard" is that there's nothing about it that looks even remotely funny, even by Sandler standards. I can't beleive that many people would want to go see it.

Guest El Satanico

Sandler is still a draw, when he does the type of movies the majority expect from him. It's the movies where he's trying to be more serious that don't make money.

His movies generally make around $120 million, which definitely qualifies them as hits. However, he's also made a few comedic duds in the last few years.

I know some kids that want to go see "The Longest Yard", but somehow I doubt anyone will see it more than once. Most STAR WARS fans are seeing ROTS more than once.

There have been quite a few animated flops in the last few years. This will be the movie parents take their little kids to see once, while the teenagers go to see ROTS for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th time.

The only sure-thing animated movies are the ones made by Pixar.

My problem with "The Longest Yard" is that there's nothing about it that looks even remotely funny, even by Sandler standards. I can't beleive that many people would want to go see it.

Shrek and Shrek 2?

Same company as Madagascar. I think it looks funny, and Chris Rock as a voice? Yeah... I'll be seeing it.

Madagascar is good for $60+ million and Longest Yard might get $35 million opening week.....Star Wars will get $50 million next week.

Anything coming out in the next couple of weeks that might knock ROTS out of the top spot? The so-called "big releases" all look pretty underwhelming to me.

Madagascar is a possibility, though I don't really think it'll surpass ROTS.

Batman Begins in the middle of June will knock whatever is at #1 at the time right out, though.

0783232101.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

shocker.thumb.jpg

His movies generally make around $120 million, which definitely qualifies them as hits. However, he's also made a few comedic duds in the last few years.

8 Crazy Nights and.....?

How well did Spanglish do?

Of course, that wasn't a Happy Madison production and sold moreas a James L Brooks family-dramady than anything else.

50 First Dates did well, way better than I expected, so I do not doubt Sandlers drawing power. I think The Longest Yard will make between 25-30 mil. Madagascar will do similarly. ROTS will do between 60-80 mil. If we can assume that there is 120 mil to spend, these numbers sound about right.

Looks like my prediction for Episode III's weekend was about right. The repeat viewings is a huge point. I've already seen it twice, and plan on seeing it again when I get a day off on Wednesday.

His movies generally make around $120 million, which definitely qualifies them as hits.  However, he's also made a few comedic duds in the last few years.

8 Crazy Nights and.....?

The horrid piece of crap known as "Little Nicky".

I'm not sure if "Punchdrunk Love" counts as a comedy, but it certainly bombed. He was basically playing the same idiot character from "Happy Gilmore", except it was in a "serious" film.

Spanglish, also a supposedly "serious" film that was really a comedy, didn't do well either.

I'm not sure what makes that bumbling, violent idiot character different than his other bumbling, violent idiot characters.