TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

The OAO RAW Thread - 5/23/05

UPDATED:

raw8pv.jpg

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

MAY 23, 2005

Just one week after winning the Gold Rush Tournament, the new official No. 1 Contender, Edge, will get his opportunity at the World Heavyweight Championship.

Last week, Edge earned more money in the bank by beating Kane in the finals of the Gold Rush Tournament, but it took a shocking betrayal from Kane’s wife Lita to get the win. Now, Batista will have to try to focus on a competitor hell-bent on winning the World Heavyweight Championship, while keeping an eye on Edge's cunning companion Lita. Batista must also look out for Edge’s prized briefcase, which has now been used to knock off — literally — the likes of Shawn Michaels and the Big Red Monster.

Tonight's encounter will be the first time Edge and Batista will be opponents since the Elimination Chamber Match at New Year’s Revolution, where they each had four other combatants to face simultaneously in the frenzied environment. This week on RAW will be a very different scene; Batista and Edge will be able to prepare solely for each other and craft a strategy designed to leave Green Bay, Wisc., victorious.

For the past few weeks, RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff has said that he was the one who killed ECW. Tonight on RAW, Bischoff intends on killing it yet again — this time with an ECW funeral. Tune in tonight to see exactly what Bischoff has planned.

In a RAW rematch, Chris Jericho & Shelton Benjamin get another crack at Muhammad Hassan & Daivari. After what transpired last time, can Y2J get the result he’s looking for?

It was in Chris Masters’ RAW debut that he broke Steven Richards’ nose and the orbital bone around his eye, putting him out of action for several months. While it was an impressive victory for the newcomer known as “The Masterpiece,” it was a loss and beating Richards would not forget. Tonight on RAW, Steven gets his chance at revenge in a long-awaited rematch.

And sexy RAW Diva Maria will interview the 485-pound Viscera. What does Big Vis have to say after his advances toward Lilian during the Lingerie Pillow Fight last week?

Haha, loved the link.

Batista will beat Edge tonight, and get a rematch with his 'money in the bank'.

I'm hyped about tonight - More ECW promotion, Flair turn(?), and probably a good Y2J promo.

Everybody on TSM is booking well thought out storylines about what should happen with Edge vs. Batista but we all know it will just end in a lame Kane run-in and we have Batista vs. HHH at the PPV for the World Title and Edge cheats his way to a victory over Kane.

Batista will be going over tonight. They will never again give away a free world title change.

The way Eric Bischoff gets Triple H back is giving him a title shot in whatever kind of match he wants(HIAC).

Raw isn't predictable or anything.

Im thinking Kane and Christian (with Tomko) will interfere on Edge's behalf, Flair will do some sort of save, maybe Benoit too. Leading to a tag match next week where Triple H will return.

Just my two cents. Should be a pretty good match

Edge and 'Tista went one-on-one the week after the Japan show, actually. Edge won by DQ when Triple H attacked the ref, so that he could tell Batista that JBL was there. I don't understand how they miss things as obvious as that.

oops double post

I won't be suprised if HHH gets involved in the main event somehow.

Oh god, it sounds like they are going to make Lita the mastermind here... what was so "cunning" about turning on a guy who raped her?

Ever seen "I Spit On Your Grave" Rick?

The Kane run-in is obvious so here's what I'd like to see:

Edge calls Batista out to start the show off and says that he knows that Batista is a proud champion. He knows that Batista is a fighting champion too and wouldn't want to lose via DQ to Edge because of what Kane will do. Edge then basically tells Batista that he should to go Bischoff and get Kane banned from ringside, maybe the building for the match. Batista isn't really feeling that but then Edge says that he doesn't want to give Batista any excuses for losing when he beats him later in the night. Dave heads off to Bischoffs office and requests the ban.

They've definetly booked themself into a corner with this match, I see the clusterfuck run-in being the most likely ending, culminating with HHH returning and sledge-a-mania runnin wild.

:huh: Tonight's Raw features Batista vs. Edge for the World title. There will also be a Heat match with the Heart Throbs vs. William Regal & Tajiri in a tornado match. For those thinking of skipping tonight's show, you probably want to reconsider, and I'm not being sarcastic with that remark.

The Meltz

???????????

For those thinking of skipping tonight's show, you probably want to reconsider, and I'm not being sarcastic with that remark.

The Meltz

I'm guessing a bunch of ECW guys show up and takeover or something.

This is the only way I want to see Edge vs Batista go down, but it has no chance of happening.

Batista is getting ready to signal for the Batista Bomb when the lights go out. They will be out for quite a while. When the lights come back on Batista is being held up in the air by Brock Lesnar and then gets the F-5. Raw would end with Lesnar standing over Edge & Batista with the Heavyweight Title on across his shoulder.

An ECW "funeral" on the 6-year anniversary of Owen Hart dying.

Wonder if WWE caught that.

This is the only way I want to see Edge vs Batista go down, but it has no chance of happening.

Batista is getting ready to signal for the Batista Bomb when the lights go out. They will be out for quite a while. When the lights come back on Batista is being held up in the air by Brock Lesnar and then gets the F-5. Raw would end with Lesnar standing over Edge & Batista with the Heavyweight Title on across his shoulder.

After Matt Morgan did the F-5 last night, I severly doubt Brock will be appearing any time soon.

They didn't.

If they did, they were probably hoping we didn't notice.

BTW guys, I'm actually posting on my lunch break now and won't get off work until the show's started, so don't expect a recap on the main site before tomorrow night.

That would sooooooooooooo rock.

If Richards does do something with the ECW thing...

...I say he should go back to his old attire for it.

...hmm...what is the Blue Meanie doing these days?

That would sooooooooooooo rock.

I would ejaculate profusely.

The school where I work had its graduation ceremony yesterday.

At Kemper Arena.

I was a little creeped out when I realized I had to walk through almost the exact spot where Owen landed.