TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

Go to Youtube and look up the users "Echelar" and "disgustipated". Two of the better players I've seen. For humor, look up "SArmstr0ng". He makes some real nice quality videos and makes his own little introductions that are (usually) pretty funny.

Could you post links? (I'm that lazy)

No. Just kidding.

Disgustipated's actually done most of the work on GH2 via a hacked demo disc.

Freebird

Killing In the Name Of

Them Bones

Mother

Echelar's probably the best of the 3. Here's some of his 100%s:

Expert

Sharp Dressed Man

Hard

SArmstr0ng:

Even Rats

Crossroads

Take Me Out

The Breaking Wheel

The cover of Rage Against the Machines' "Killing in the Name" is by far hands down the shittiest cover in GH2 I've heard thus far. The vocals and the guitar solo are drizzling shits in my opinion.

The Killing in the Name Of cover is the worst vocal cover of any of the songs in the game..I HATE IT, but I love playing the song.

Yeah some of the voicework is pretty rough. "Mother" isn't too bad, although he tries too hard to sound like Danzig at a couple of points. "Them Bones" is better than average. I guess on some songs I'm so used to associating a song to a particular person/group that I can't help but compare the cover to the original.

BTW do you get a bonus for using the whammy bar? On some GH videos I've seen (the "Freebird" above, one of "More Than A Feeling") they use the damn thing so much the song sounds like it's been put through a mixer set to "Underwater".

Could you post links? (I'm that lazy)

No. Just kidding.

Disgustipated's actually done most of the work on GH2 via a hacked demo disc.

Freebird

Killing In the Name Of

Them Bones

Mother

Echelar's probably the best of the 3. Here's some of his 100%s:

Expert

Sharp Dressed Man

Hard

SArmstr0ng:

Even Rats

Crossroads

Take Me Out

The Breaking Wheel

Thanks dude.

Heart Shaped Box is by FAR the worst cover vocally in the game. If you think otherwise then you need to go listen to some Nirvana.

Yeah that's actually one of the songs disgustipated has on Youtube but I didn't link to it just because I disliked the vocals so much. But hey, at least Courtney got paid so there's that. :throwup:

My friends and I didn't stop playing GH1 from the day I got it last November til Tuesday. While it is a bit easier, GH2 outclasses the first in every way (except, as mentioned, certain vocal work). I fucking love this game.

If you can, get both. I prefer the songlist in GH1 to this year's. But the co-op play in GH2 is outstanding and the new pro-face off mode is better than last years.

I agree about the quality of the covers. They were either going for a cover band sound or went half deaf during production.

Okay, I finally got to "Hangar 18" (I've been busy) and this is inexcusable. In GH1 they had a guy who did a pretty damn good Mustain for SoD, and they don't fucking bother to bring him back.

I have a feeling I may not get GH3 at this rate, if the cover quality is just gonna go downhill from here

Is anyone getting the 360 version? I definitely am if I can afford it ($90). 10 new songs on the disc, plus downloadable tracks on Xbox Live marketplace. The Explorer controller looks pretty sweet too, although I am disappointed that they switched it from wireless to wired.

I'm on the fence. The new songs don't do much for me outside of "Rock 'n Roll Hootchie Koo". The downloadable content sounds awesome, of course, but I'll wait to see what gets released. I was disappointed with the tracklist in GH2. It just wasn't as fun to play along with compared to the first game. If they release GH1's set list for download it's an easy buy for me. I really want to play those songs with the updated mechanics and co-op mode.

I have a silly question: Can these games be bought without the guitar controller?

Yeah, I know you need it, but like..if I bought the first one with a guitar, is it possible to buy the second game without a guitar and just use the first one for that? Cuz it seems kinda silly to me that you'd need to buy two of them, ya know? I've seen the games in regular PS2 cases, but I wasn't sure if that was for display purposes or because they can be sold as just the game, no controller.

I'm cheap.

Well, according to a press release at IGN, the 360 version will have 10 new songs to go along with the entire PS2 playlist. Eight of them are:

"Billion Dollar Babies" - Alice Cooper

"Dead!" - My Chemical Romance

"Hush" - Deep Purple

"Life Wasted" - Pearl Jam

"Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Koo" - Rick Derringer

"Possum Kingdom" - Toadies

"Salvation" - Rancid

"The Trooper" - Iron Maiden

"Dead" and "Possum Kingdom" are master tracks.

Once upon a time, I would've been excited to see Iron Maiden on such a list, but given the cover qualities in GH2, I shudder to think of the schmoe they get to try imitating Bruce

Once upon a time, I would've been excited to see Iron Maiden on such a list, but given the cover qualities in GH2, I shudder to think of the schmoe they get to try imitating Bruce

Are all of the GH2 songs covers? I've noticed that in some of the songs where it says "as performed by" instead of "made famous by" that the vocalists sound almost identical to the original.

The bonus songs (the ones you had to buy) were original, as was "John the Fisherman" by Primus and "Stop" by Jane's Addiction. All the others were covers, which included some horrendous covers of "Heart Shaped Box", "Sweet Child of Mine", "Killing in the Name" and "Hangar 18".

In their defense, they've got a guy who does a damn good Ozzy, and there were a few good covers in the game, but most of them were bad, that's why I'm not getting my hopes up for GH3

360 release date yet?

As far as a release date goes, I've read at gamespot that it will come out in March, but no exact date yet.

I'm really excited about this game. I've played a demo setup at walmart and found it to be extremely fun.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

So, can anybody here tackle Jordan on expert? I have the entire game beat except for this bastard. 5 stars on everything on Hard, and probably 75 percent of Expert (bought songs included).

I just think the learning curve is a little ridiculous if I can manage five stars easily on the Hard difficulty and can't even beat the cocksucker on expert. Gay.

There isnt a learning curve on GH2, theres a learning wall. Easy/Medium are really REALLY easy, yet Hard/Expert are really REALLY fuckin hard.