TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

I'd just like to say that I finally 5*'d everything on Medium. I though "Drink Up" and "Six" was going to ruin me. Now I get to start all over and learn how to play 5 buttons.

This may take a while.

* "The Metal" (by Tenacious D)

This is not.

You can't kill the metal, the metal will live on

That as may be, but its still a shit song.

I got GH2 today. After playing the first two song groups on Easy, I decided to give Surrender a try on Medium.

Jesus H. Christ. The YouTube videos make this look so easy.

Oh shit I can't wait for GH3. I just read that Slash is going to be a playable character in it. Plus 2 Velvet Revolver songs (Suckertrain Blues and a new song "Let it Roll")

Got Guitar Hero II for the 360 Thursday, its pretty awesome. Hard is actually... pretty hard. Woman is burning me everytime on the 3rd solo part, fustrating as hell considering I've been playing guitar for 5 years. I've even went as far as to learn the damn song on a real guitar to see if it'll give me an edge in the game >.< damn.

Can't wait for GHIII though, Knights of Cydonia should rock!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I still can't beat Jordan on expert. I did get five stars on Hangar 18, though.

Here's hoping the rest of the songs on GHIII are as good/better than the ones that have already been announced. Sabotage, Paint It Black, Knights Of Cydonia, My Name Is Jonas, Cult Of Personality all have me pretty excited. I'm throughly pleased it's getting a release so soon. This clearly means that my first semester of Uni next year is ruined before it begins.

According to a new IGN article, "Paint it Black" is indeed a master track. Also found out that they couldn't find the master for "Cult of Personality", so Living Colour actually came in and rerecorded it (throwing in a guitar solo that is apparently a bitch on Expert). Finally, they revealed two new tracks: "Priestess" by Lay Down and the master recording of Pearl Jam's "Evenflow". I love the opening to Evenflow. it's going to be fun.

Also have a couple of early gameplay videos. They're going for a more realistic appearance which I suppose works. I just prefer the more cartoony look of 1 and 2.

So they're changing the button color scheme for the next one? That's a little strange, but I should be fine since I use the middle button as a reference point.

While it isn't an obvious GH song, Sabotage performed by the Beastie Boys has me intrigued. Evenflow is going to get alot of play from me.

What do you think the chances are of the Wii version having exclusive Nintendo music on GH3? I'd preorder the game first thing tomorrow if they got these guys to make music for the game.

So they're changing the button color scheme for the next one? That's a little strange, but I should be fine since I use the middle button as a reference point.

Actually, according to the hand-on they went back to the original color scheme, so no need retraining the eyes.

It's probably not that big a deal, I just managed to beat every song on hard in career. Yeah!

Expert here I come.

One song I'd love to hear is Are You Gonna Go My Way? by Lenny Kravitz. Great riff and a half decent guitar solo to boot too.

One song I'd love to hear is Are You Gonna Go My Way? by Lenny Kravitz. Great riff and a half decent guitar solo to boot too.

yeah, that would be pretty fun to play.

It may sound a bit campy, but I always figured some old AC/DC would be perfect for a game like this.

Fuck me, Woman on hard is actually hard

I've pretty well five-starred everything on the first four tiers, except for Woman. And it's not like I'm incapable of succesful HO/PO's

The HO/PO in Woman are insanely tough for a song in that tier level. That song was one of the last three or four in all of hard that I five starred. Six being the only one I have left.

I'm having that same difficulty as well. And you have to pass all four songs in the group to advance on Hard instead of 3 out of 4.

This is going to be a bitch.

I'm having that same difficulty as well. And you have to pass all four songs in the group to advance on Hard instead of 3 out of 4.

This is going to be a bitch.

There's a tremendous difference between 5-starring and passing. Save your star power for the solo, and if you get another, use it on the very end of the song.

And I've done all of Hard. I've 5-starred everything in the first 5 tiers except for Woman. I will never ever 5 star Institutionalized, Carry Me Home, or Misrilou on Hard.

"Higher Ground" (as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers) and that is bullshit Stevie Wonder made it famous

Aye, but I'm sure the version in the game is the Red Hot Chili Peppers version, hence the AS made famous by.