TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

What was the last time Rock was on TV?

I remember he came back and helped out Eugene against Coach and I think Cade...and then he came back and made fun of Randy Orton in Miami...and then I think it was the Diva Search thing. He came back like, 3 times in a matter of 2 months. If I remember.

Guest *KNK*

The diva search was the last thing i recall him doing because i know it opened with him and he was shown leaving the venue in the middle of the show, teasing he would come back later but obviously never did.

The diva search was the last thing i recall him doing because i know it opened with him and he was shown leaving the venue in the middle of the show, teasing he would come back later but obviously never did.

you're confusing appearances. when he left after the first segment that was his prior appearance, when he clashed words and fists with randy orton, then got thrown out by bischoff.

the diva pie eating was his last appearance, ironically also the night of matt hardys last wwe apperance. (i know this for sure cuz I was there live, it was same night of kane/lita wedding). so his last moment was beating up coach. touche.

All I remember from that "pie eating" segment was that The Rock seemed embarassed to be involved in the segment and was probably finally aware of how bad things had become since he had been around full-time.

All I remember from that "pie eating" segment was that The Rock seemed embarassed to be involved in the segment and was probably finally aware of how bad things had become since he had been around full-time.

Yea I sensed that too. Hell I was embarrased to be sitting in the crowd for that horrible raw episode.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I forgot for a moment how much I HATED that jackass Diva Search. I went to a Raw in Cleveland a week or so before SummerSlam 04, and it gobbled up three segments. Even the rubes were getting fed up. IIRC, it got three segments while the entire Raw had three matches.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I forgot for a moment how much I HATED that jackass Diva Search.  I went to a Raw in Cleveland a week or so before SummerSlam 04, and it gobbled up three segments.  Even the rubes were getting fed up.  IIRC, it got three segments while the entire Raw had three matches.

Get ready for another one...

Rock vs Hurricane stuff = Gold, I love how they still mention it everytime he shows up.

Sorry to be stupid but what does IIRC stand for?

Is Rock even under WWE contract anymore at this point? I assume he is because they still plug his movies and appearances (like the "Be Cool" DVD coming out), but I remember a few months ago it was reported his contract ran out without WWE even attempting to renew it (!). Anyone know what's really up?

Does anyone else think Rock will have another career in wrestling eventually kinda like Hogan? He's still pretty young. HHH-Rock at Wrestlemania could draw... hopefully not for a title, but, you know.

I don't think the Rock will ever come back for more than 1 appearence at a time. maybe a little build up for a wrestlemania some year. but thats it.

I'm positive Rock will have another actual run in the WWE as a wrestler. I think wrestling is in his heart but making movies just makes much more sense right now as far as striking while the irons hot and getting financial security for the rest of his life. I think he'll either get burnt out on the Hollywood lifestyle eventually and miss wrestling, or basically dry up as an actor and use the WWE as a fallback plan. He's actually young enough to come back in 5 years and still not be pretty fresh. In actuallity the wrestling doesn't matter, as long as he can cut a good promo he has a role in the WWE for life.

Its bullshit WM 21 was in Hollywood of all places and they couldn't get The Rock to make an appearance at least.

What would he have done anyways? The only possible scenarios the way it was set up was for him to come out help Eugene or something similar to that, and really, with Hogan primed for the Backlash one time shot, it wasn't going to be THAT segment.

And no, the Rock will NOT return to active wrestling duty. He's pretty much near set as far as financially goes, has a few kids (at least 1), and pretty much likes the idea he doesn't have to be gone 4-5 times a week every week for years. He's done his time, and he deserves the breaks he got, I think.

Yea I sensed that too. Hell I was embarrased to be sitting in the crowd for that horrible raw episode.

And guess what? The Raw/Smackdown supershow in Anaheim on the 27th is the night when the 2005 Diva Search contestants will debut in front of a live audience. Will you be there, Jericholic82? I will be, and I'll be booing the fuck out of those bitches.

Guest Ransome
What would he have done anyways? The only possible scenarios the way it was set up was for him to come out help Eugene or something similar to that, and really, with Hogan primed for the Backlash one time shot, it wasn't going to be THAT segment.

And no, the Rock will NOT return to active wrestling duty. He's pretty much near set as far as financially goes, has a few kids (at least 1), and pretty much likes the idea he doesn't have to be gone 4-5 times a week every week for years. He's done his time, and he deserves the breaks he got, I think.

Agreed. Fans had tired of the Rock by 2002. It's far better for the business in his current role (occasionally appearing to pop a crowd and fit enough to wrestle to pop a pay per view buyrate) than it would be by continuing to clog up the main event, considering he's really got nothing left to prove in wrestling. I can't believe they were seriously thinking about doing a JBL vs Rock match at WM 21.

That said, is there any viable options for dream matches involving the Rock in the future? Rock vs Cena is the obvious one, but any others?

It is a shame, but I think we've seen the last of him in the ring, and with each passing year that becomes more of a relief. I don't want him to turn into Austin, a guy who has nothing left to contribute and who they feel the need to fall back on when they get desperate.

Its bullshit WM 21 was in Hollywood of all places and they couldn't get The Rock to make an appearance at least.

They could have had a JBL and Cena promo, with The Rock just happening to drop by and put Cena over.

Agreed. Fans had tired of the Rock by 2002. It's far better for the business in his current role (occasionally appearing to pop a crowd and fit enough to wrestle to pop a pay per view buyrate) than it would be by continuing to clog up the main event, considering he's really got nothing left to prove in wrestling. I can't believe they were seriously thinking about doing a JBL vs Rock match at WM 21.

That said, is there any viable options for dream matches involving the Rock in the future? Rock vs Cena is the obvious one, but any others?

It wouldn't be a dream match per se, but if he was built up correctly, Christian would have been a good opponent.

Dream matches...

Rock vs. Carlito

Rock vs. Rob Conway

Rock vs. Eugene

Rock vs. Shawn Michaels (they have matched up, right?)

Rock vs. Shelton Benjamin

People to feud with:

vs Cena

vs Christian

vs CCC

vs Eugene

vs Benjamin

I dont get the vs Conway matchup and he surely has wrestled Michaels sometime.

Add to the list of my matches above:

vs Orton (3rd gen vs 3rd gen superstar - I was actually hoping that the Foley-Orton match would have been held of till Bad Blood, and The Rock fought Orton and Backlash since Orton took Foley out)

vs OJ (the Rocky Johnson connection)

vs Eddie (imagine the promos)

vs JBL (imagine the promos)