-Unleashed

-The Interpreter

-Kingdom of Heaven

OPENING WED, June 15

-BATMAN BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!

OPENING FRI, Jun 17

-The Perfect Man

---------------

Sandler gets his 6th, $100+ million movie. The Longest Yard is $2 million ahead of where Big Daddy was in its third week (his biggest movie at $163m US)

The Honeymooners opened in 1900 theaters, High Tension opened in 1300

-----------

DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Who was saying they thought Mr. & Mrs. Smith would bomb?

Also, I have not seen one promotional thing for The Honeymooners. No wonder it didn't do so hot.

Who was saying they thought Mr. & Mrs. Smith would bomb?

Also, I have not seen one promotional thing for The Honeymooners.  No wonder it didn't do so hot.

I didn't think it would do as well as it did, b/c a lot of movies that have tabloid scandals (Eyes Wide Shut, Gigli, Proof of Life) seen to disappoint.

Hell, BoxOfficeMojo is blaming Cinderella Man's steep decline on Crowe's arrest.

And who here thought Honeymooners would be a hit??

Hopefully, Perfect Man does at least 13 mil next week

It's a French film dubbed in English about a girl who witnesses brutal murders of a friends family and she tails the guy to get revenge...I think.

Sounds a ton like Dean Koontz's "Intensity"

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't pulling nearly 6 million out of less that 2000 screens alright. I mean, I am not saying the Honeymooners is going to be a hit, but that is not a very wide release.

And High Tension (Haute Tension) is one kick ass movie, but seriously, you can go buy the fucking thing right now, and could have for the last 2 years. Anyone that loves the genre and are interested in the film would have seen it already, and god bless anyone walking in thinking it is just a regular horror flick(thus, it won't get the word of mouth sales). How much money did they think it was going to make?

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't pulling nearly 6 million out of less that 2000 screens alright.  I mean, I am not saying the Honeymooners is going to be a hit, but that is not a very wide release.

A PSA of $3,000 isn't very good.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

From last week:

1. Mr And Mrs Smith - (42-45 million)

2. Madagascar

3. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

4. The Longest Yard

5. Cinderella Man / The Honeymooners

6. The Honeymooners / Cinderella Man

7. Robert Rodriguez' new film

8. Traveling Pants

9. Dogtown

10. Monster In Law / High Tension

11. High Tension / Monster In Law

Top 4 ain't bad. I knew Smith would open big, but not the 50 million range.

Honeymooners, Tension, Sharkboy... bleh, whatever.

Damn, Crash is still around? What's funny is that this opened up in limited release, while the other two films it opened against (House of Wax, Kingdom of Heaven) both opened up in over 3,000+ theatres and are now gone from the top 10.

Anyway, next week...

1. ;) What do you think? Not the Hillary Duff movie... sorry Bob.

2. Mr. And Mrs. Smith

3. Madagascar/The Perfect Man

4. The Perfect Man/Madagascar

5. Star Wars

Batman's due to get his ass whooped. :-)

Disney pushing Herbie's opening up to Wednesday and then adding a sneak preview on Sunday is pretty petty. You would think they would've gotten over the Lizzie thing by now.

I'm just hoping for at least a 13 million opening and I'll be satisfied.

Batman's due to get his ass whooped. :-)

Disney pushing Herbie's opening up to Wednesday and then adding a sneak preview on Sunday is pretty petty. You would think they would've gotten over the Lizzie thing by now.

I'm just hoping for at least a 13 million opening and I'll be satisfied.

13? No.

If Raise Your Voice can do 4 million, this can do at least 6.

Universal is using the same counterprogramming that Warner Bros. used last year when they took on I Robot.

Disney also did the same thing in 2003, opening Lizzie McGuire v. X2. It won't be #1 but it should be a good alternative for mothers and daughters who don't want to see Batman

Guest El Satanico

I figured Honeymooners would do better than that. It looked decent, and we've seen even terrible looking "black audience" movies do well.

I know Batman will be #1 next week but am I the only one who doesn't think it will do jaw dropping business? It has no momentum anymore as a franchise.

Guest El Satanico

It's hard to predict how Begins will do, but I'll say around 80mill.

Guest SP-1

If they don't want to go see Batman then they just need to stay at home.

. . . what?

At any rate, I'm hoping Begins does really well because I want that franchise. And I want Schumacker to see how its done.

Guest *KNK*

Next Week predictions

1) Batman Begins

2) Madagascar

3) Mr and Mrs Smith

4) Perfect Man

5) Longest Yard

6) Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

7) Sharkboy

8) Cinderella Man

9) Monster in Law

10) Crash

11) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

12) Lords of Dogtown

No way will Madagascar be ahead of Smith. It'd have to somehow gain $$ while Mr. and Mrs. Smith falls off something insane which I can't see happening. Even if it falls about 50% that's still a nice 25 million or so, which will be solid 2nd place.

Fuck Honeymooners. If a bunch of white people got together and tried to remake The Jeffersons it would've never got past the production phase before the racism stories would pop up. How this abortion of a movie got made I'll never know.

I think there's a league of black actors (Ice Cube, Mike Epps, Cedric the Entertainer, The Wayans, Morris Chestnut, Tommy Davidson, Jamie Foxx, Chris Rock, Gabrielle Union, Regina King, Anthony Anderson, Bill Belemy, Shemar Moore, and -of course- Tom Arnold, aka "The Black Pack") who get together every week and think of movie ideas that they can star in. Not that I mind seeing that fiiiiine Morris Chestnut do his thang in the movies....

Guest El Satanico

Cedric fits the role better than any known white comedian/comedic actor, so who cares. It's not like people wouldn't bitch about who was cast, regardless of race.

Bernie Mac could make a good Archie. White or black, the character would work either way.

The Jeffersons doesn't work as white people, unless the premise is reversed. No one gives a fuck about white people moving on up, so it would have to be white people moving on down. But that would be something completely different from The Jeffersons.

Fuck Honeymooners. If a bunch of white people got together and tried to remake The Jeffersons it would've never got past the production phase before the racism stories would pop up. How this abortion of a movie got made I'll never know.

It's no different then back in the 70's/60's or whatever, when all white people did was take black songs and cover them as their own..(ex. Pat Boone using Little Richards song). And that was no big thing to white people back then. So there's really nothing to complain about.

Well, the orginal characters in the Honeymooners were people of all races could relate to. Characters are interchangeble plus its not about how they were white, it was about how they blue collar people getting by.

Im tired of people bitching about this everytime a movie like this comes out. Black Archie Bunker? People forget Sherman Hemsley was the black "Archie Bunker" if they did modern version of "All in the Family."

Well, the orginal characters in the Honeymooners were people of all races could relate to.

Agreed, although back in the '50s I'm sure all races couldn't relate to Ralph's plight. Instead of driving a bus, blacks would have to sit in the back of one.

For the record, I don't care about the race of the new Honeymooners. I'm just pissed because they ripped off the Honeymooners ... The Honeymooners ... The mutha phuckin' HONEYMOONERS.

I doubt Cedric says in the movie "One of these day Alice ... Bang, Zoom ... to the moon, Alice..."

Well, the orginal characters in the Honeymooners were people of all races could relate to. Characters are interchangeble plus its not about how they were white, it was about how they blue collar people getting by.

Im tired of people bitching about this everytime a movie like this comes out. Black Archie Bunker? People forget Sherman Hemsley was the black "Archie Bunker" if they did modern version of "All in the Family."

wasn't the Jeffersons actually a spinoff of All In The Family, as well?