TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
devo

SWF Storm Comments - June 17th

So, um...I'm slightly more convinced now that Ghost Machine is a gimmick character.

Very good promo from Toxxic. I greatly enjoyed his explanation of the ending of his match at 13th Hour, and King's commentary in particular was really funny.

BOBBY MATCH COMMENTS TO BE EDITED IN

Cool promo from Maddix, too. In character, his reasoning for his anger is perfect. His outburst at the end was great, but I'd like to have seen what happened after his mic got cut off.

The Johnson/IL match featured the best vinegar spots I've ever seen! Well done! Seriously, the spots in this match were really imaginative and entertaining. Really fun read.

I'm afraid I'm not completely familiar with the Tom/Ejiro storyline so far, but the bit with the cell phone was great. You could feel the dagger twisting while that message was being played.

FLESHER/DANGEROUS MATCH COMMENTS TO BE EDITED IN. PROMO TOO.

And...some washed-up old bastard made his return, I dunno. =)

Awesome match Johnson, I struggled to finish mine up but just couldn't- but hey, welcome back and it's always nice to get beat by you. (Y)~!

Thanks for the compliments and welcome backs, guys. If what you say is true, IL, and I have zero reason to doubt that it is, then we almost had a DNS on our hands. My original plan was for the match to end via me and you getting into a shoving match, and me shoving you into a for-some-reason-in-Italy HVT, who would then massacre you, with me pouncing on the corpse like a hyena. But, my schedule simply didn't allow for long, convoluted, angry black man beatings, and so I went with the CHOKEOUT~! instead.

And now we're 2-2, IL, so it's always nice to get beat by you too.*

*Jesus Christ, anymore 2s or too's or to's in that sentence and it would be an Ironman match.

Still eagerly awaiting the matches and promos to come, but I wanted to reiterate here that ELM/WC was really really close. Kudos to both. :)

Also wanted to say that tonight's show is promolicious (with more to come) - excellent work from Toxxic as usual, and I particularly liked Maddix's CRAZY-MAN RANTING. And Ejiro and Tom in the same room is always gold.

Gonna go read JJ/IL now. Be back with more comments a-later.

Thanks for the compliments and welcome backs, guys. If what you say is true, IL, and I have zero reason to doubt that it is, then we almost had a DNS on our hands. My original plan was for the match to end via me and you getting into a shoving match, and me shoving you into a for-some-reason-in-Italy HVT, who would then massacre you, with me pouncing on the corpse like a hyena. But, my schedule simply didn't allow for long, convoluted, angry black man beatings, and so I went with the CHOKEOUT~! instead.

And now we're 2-2, IL, so it's always nice to get beat by you too.*

*Jesus Christ, anymore 2s or too's or to's in that sentence and it would be an Ironman match.

Nice, I had a couple thousand words done and then just fell asleep. Last night was a long night and well, made his day a little bit ugly. If it's any reassurance to you- I wasted my only nice spot which was a Yakuza kick through a wall of stained glass collage. But still, welcome back.

:: marks for ELM ::

:: has a gag order placed on Toxxic :: :P

I am never, EVER guessing at a ??? man again. Ever. In my life. That one had NO RIGHT to be ELM, but I threw out the suggestion in the predictions thread and lo and behold, there he was.

Maybe I should just start predicting all the old stars will come back and they will?

Yeah, but it went up late, much like the promo where I arrange a match with Danny Williams - the FIRST EVER match between two three-time World Champions. People read the show when it goes up and don't pay attention to it after that. After all, why should they? They now know who won THEIR match.

And no, I'm not implying that I don't do exactly the same thing.

I felt that the Dangerous/Flesher match was extremely well-written and told a great story. The final bit at the end about Dangerous "beating the best ever with finesse" initially seems like overkill, but when you think about it, makes perfect sense considering the storyline surrounding the match and the match itself. You guys did a great job.

Also, I laughed out loud at "he must have stopped for gelato".

And who isn't looking forward to Toxxic/Danny? I'm not sure what the motivation is to make said match, but like Toxxic said, it's one for the history books before it even starts. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic read.

And who isn't looking forward to Toxxic/Danny? I'm not sure what the motivation is to make said match

I realised that we were the only two three-time World Champions who were ever active in the fed at the same time, and thought the match should be done but I have an opponent in mind for Ground Zero and after that who knows what might be going on. So since the Flesher character had already moaned about no World Title matches on Smarkdown and the Toxxic character is getting a bit more laid-back I thought I'd have Toxxic suggest the match for the hell of it because the Flesher character would snap it up.

The reasons I suggested it are 1) for the hell of it and 2) because the only other time I faced Danny one-on-one he'd gone MIA after his previous match and didn't return until just recently. So I won by no-show, which is by-and-large the story of my career when it comes to the career-defining matches (of which that was one). So I thought I'd ask him for another just to see which of us will win THIS time.

Of course, now YOU'RE back I'll just have to request a match with you as well. After all, it seems a shame to face off against one and not the other...