TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

We have Pavano, Wang and Moose in the Os series. Who do you guys have?

George Steinbrenner? Didn't know you posted here.

Yanks don't have any off days leading into the series, it was announced Henn was staying in the rotation, then you just go day by day with the order of the rotation by looking at the schedule.

common sense.

wish I could have seen that crazy game. I had just checked this thread and the score was 11-7 at the time. yea its great to comeback but it shouldnt have come to that. well a win is a win I guess.

this is the second 13 run inning weve had against tampa this year, surprise it wasn't mentioned on baseball tonight. then again that isnt a big deal, it is tampa after all.

watch tommorrow we won't be able to score any runs.

damn os won again, if only they went on a losing streak when the yanks were on a win streak. if not in the next few days, we would need to sweep the os series which is obviously hard to do. but if they are 4 or 3 back on monday it could be interesting. however since henn is starting against the mets on sat, who knows.

Guest Brian
damn os won again, if only they went on a losing streak when the yanks were on a win streak.

You'd still have to catch up with Boston too.

Guest Mosaicv2
damn os won again, if only they went on a losing streak when the yanks were on a win streak.

You'd still have to catch up with Boston too.

It's funny how the Red Sox have a better chance against the O's then the Yanks in the Division.

Carl Pavano gives up two HRers, now SIXTEEN on the season.

This guy SUCKS.

edit: Sierra strikes out with the tieing runners on base. I can't believe we HAVE to win the last game of a series to SALVAGE it against the DEVIL RAYS, AT HOME!

*sigh*

Yankees lose.

Unbelievable.

Carl Pavano gives up two HRers, now SIXTEEN on the season.

This guy SUCKS.

edit: Sierra strikes out with the tieing runners on base. I can't believe we HAVE to win the last game of a series to SALVAGE it against the DEVIL RAYS, AT HOME!

*sigh*

Yankees lose.

Unbelievable.

Was I the only one who didnt want to get Pavano? I knew it was a bad idea to sign another NL pitcher who had one good year.

Told you they wouldnt score after that explosion, happens most of the time.

just think without that big inning, they might have lost the first three games of this series.

Icmon jays beat the os, or well be 6 games back again (as if jays fans care)

yea I sad "we'll", you can do that when youre a true diehard fan ok? :firing: haters

Guest Mosaicv2

Orioles are probably going to lose, but I have a funny feeling Boston to going to win tonight.

If it's any consolation, the Yankees looked like they blew their proverbial wad last night, as they ultimately lost the series, which is more important than scoring 20 in one game.

Pete Walker's starting for the Jays tonight, and he's probably been their best pitcher outside of Halladay and Batista. Hopefully the good work in the bullpen translates into a good start.

Cincinnati is now 2-0 under their new manager, beating St. Louis. The Cubs can narrow the cavernous, expansive, gargantuan gap between them and St. Louis with a win against Milwaukee, bringing it back to 7.5 games back.

I never understand when Mariotti and folk say to "aim for the wild card." How do you aim for second place? You should try to come in first.

You aim for second after it becomes less realistic that an inconsistent team can close such a wide gap between themselves and a superb club that makes it a habit of winning series. There are still a ton of H2H matchups between the two, but I expect it to be like last season where after a certain point, the division was no longer a realistic goal. But much like last year, they've got a great shot at the WC and it's not how you get there, it's if you get there.

Perfect day for an afternoon game, as the Yankees' Honeymoon lasts about 16 hours.

Also worth noting that Pavano pitched better than Randy Johnson did yesterday.

The thing is, Pavano has shown me nothing, nothing at all that shows me his recent struggles aren't just the way he is. He's mastered his pattern already. He'll breeze through three, then gets murdered from then on. His stats are horrible. Maybe its torre's fault. Sturtze is our 7th inng guy, Pavano had nothing left, USE HIM JOE!

Guest Fishyswa

I honestly thought Pavano would prove people wrong and at least be a 15-10 guy, but this is just ridiculous. Tom Gordon would probably make a better starter right now than Pavano.

This really worries me though, we're not going to be beating up the O's anymore, 2 out of 3 if we play well, so we HAVE to just rape Toronto and Tampa if we really want to get to 100. We're 6-7 against them. That's headache inducing.

Let's just go all the way, get Griffey, get Clemens, maybe even buy Derek Lee, if it doesn't work, start all over again. We'll be the first team ever to go from a 300 mil payroll to a 50 mil payroll.....:(

Guest Mosaicv2

The Mets get out of 1st inning bases-loaded jam against the Phils. I bet Al somewhere covering his face with his Phillies cap.

Can the Brewers get something going tonight? I know theyre alot better than the last few weeks. And it sucks to lose to the bastard Cubs.

I will bet ANYTHING that the Yankees will not win 100 games this season. They would have to play ungodly baseball from here on out to do that and they just don't have the team for it. They remind me alot of the NY Rangers hockey team of recent years. Tons of old high priced past their prime talent.

With a couple exceptions of course.

Guest Fishyswa

I'm sorry but if ANYONE has the team to go on a tear the second half of the season, its the Yanks. You have any other pitching staff underacheive as much as our's have, they wouldn't be above .500.

Andruw Jones hits ANOTHER home run, giving him 21 for the year.

Cox's refusal to let Ramirez keep pitching kinda bugs me though, especially knowing our bullpen.

Guest Fishyswa

"The talent is just not there."

The talent!? I can see effort, drive, pitching, but talent? How is the talent not there?

"The talent is just not there."

The talent!? I can see effort, drive, pitching, but talent? How is the talent not there?

Their left fielder is a second baseman hitting .244/.279/.269. They have one hitter on their bench (Ruben Sierra) with a .269 OBP, and another (John Flaherty) with a .241 OBP. They have three or four players on their roster who have no business in the Majors. Their pitching is incredibly thin, as Chien-Ming Wang is succeeding despite mediocre peripherals, and they have no fifth starter right now.

If teams won with front line talent only, the Yankees would be alright. But when you get past those first few, the Yankees are absolutely terrible. The trick is that you have to let nine players hit, and if those last few are terrible, they will drag down the team no matter how good the best players are.