TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
devo

SWF Lockdown Comments - June 22nd

Whoever thought of Funyon's intro deserves a trophy.

Opening promo's mine...any criticism you can offer would be appreciated, as I feel that promoing is my weak spot.

Cool WC/Ejiro promo. I can't wait to see where this is going.

Very well formatted Olympic Match. I figured a Clusterfuck-like format had to be used, and the kind used here worked very well. Great use of the scoring system to set the psychology of the match and in the ending as well.

Huh, buildup promo for a match later in the evening? That's refreshing to say the least. Nice.

What is with you guys and not writing for multi-man Hardcore Title matches with fun stipulations? One person out of the six in the last two matches of that type has written, which is ridiculous. That being said, Zyon wrote a great match, which used the environment very well. The bickering between King and LDP was quality as well.

FLESHER/ELM TALK IN A HALLWAY WATCH OUT NOW

Haha, excellent mystery opponent. Makes the earlier promo brilliant. That being said, great, exciting back-and-forth match between Toxxic and Pretzler. Each of the storylines in the match (the fans getting into it despite themselves, the mutual respect between the competitors) were well executed and made it a really engaging read.

Excellent main event. The bit with WC and Ejiro is really interesting, especially considering the promo earlier in the show. Well-executed six-man stuff all around, including the HOT TAG~! that I always mark for, and of course, the general breaking down of all order at the end. And a great ending to say the least.

Classy bit with IL. I'm looking forward to seeing what CC has planned for the CW Title.

“Pretz, the guy who books Lockdown is a bit… weird,” Toxxic tells the Critic, “might as well get used to it."

*books Toxxic vs. Ebony in a pudding match*

While I don’t have the time right this second to get into every match, I will say I thought the opening promo was excellent. You should certainly give yourself more credit on writing the promo, ELM. That being said having WC look up to Mags as an idol just makes for a match that I can’t wait to see. Four freaking weeks of waiting till it happens though? Come on, guys.

I’ve faintly heard about the WC/Ejiro plot and I really enjoyed the last series of matches between these two so again I can’t wait for this to spill over into the ring as well. However, I don’t quite understanding the reasoning behind Melissa going from being the Ejiro conscious to suddenly being terrified of him. Even if it were from the head BUTT from Toxxic she should understand that it wasn’t Ejiro’s fault and he even went so far as to seek out vengeance in her name. Nonetheless, this will be good if it goes were I’m thinking it will.

I’ve scanned the Olympic match and I’ll give some actual feedback once I’ve really read it. So far it looks exceptional to say the least.

Toxxic always writes an excellent promo and this is the case with this one. I like the interaction between the pair but I can’t seem to shake the feeling of Scott Pretzler being more of a pawn in a greater story than being the vile heel himself. I liked those promos from the Critic when he was being obnoxious and condescending and unless he’s just changed the character I’d like to see that played up more; it was fun to read. Anyway, I like the subtle hints at the end from Pretzler.

Again, I skimmed the Zyon match. It looks good but I’ll save comments for when I actually read it. Big ups to the winner just coming in and showing his stuff since his arrival to the SWF.

Tom and ELM playing up some respect reminded me of two great matches: The Christmas Ladder/Submission match as well as the 30 minute submission match. Now I want to dig those up and re-read them. Anyway, this made me ask Flesher the question on everyone’s mind. Does Mags wear a mask? He told me no, but I’d sear to God that ELM used to at least wear one. Nice little exchange and again, a well written promo.

Still the same with the Toxxic match. Haven’t really read it though it was one match that I was a little more anxious to see on the show. The QMM surprised me as I thought it was someone else that I’ll leave nameless for now, but it was an actual surprise for it to be Pretzler. It looks good, and it’s rather strange to see some chants for Toxxic. He’s more than earned his chance to have a good face run though; let’s see it he can be a dominating face now. Shouldn’t be too hard as the only character changes he’ll need is to not be as much of a dick to the fans, just the heels now.

Last is mine and WC’s, and I actually ran out of room. I wanted to do a bit more with the Cortez getting sent back to the apron when the referee missed the tag but I ran a little tight on room. I actually planned to have Cortez hit the Riot Act Plus and make the pin before getting sent off. Had I known it’d be default(again, Landon?) I’d have just ran over the limit and finished it a little better without the short after match interactions.

Does Mags wear a mask? He told me no, but I’d sear to God that ELM used to at least wear one.

Haha, you're like the third person to bring that up since I've been back. I'm sorry for any confusion I might have caused in the past, but Mags has never and will never wear a mask. I edited my stats to make that point clear. =)

Thanks for the feedback.

I shall be posting a travesty of a match in about five, but at least it fills a spot.

Just wanted to put that out there, comments will come tomorrow.

I wrote, I just couldn't find a way to end the damn match. Now, if my character were Martha Stewart, BAM! I'da written 10,000 words the first night and have to pare it down to 6000 by Wednesday. It's a good thing.

Guest Goodear

I unfortunately am having trouble with my gall bladder which makes my whole life miserable for about 4 days every couple of months and it just so happened to coincide with the last few days. Suffice to say there has been much vomit and not much else (eating total for the last two days: two pieces of toast, one stuffed shell; pounds lost 15). Apologies to all I bailed on in the last few days but when you can't move... well... you can't move.

it’s rather strange to see some chants for Toxxic. He’s more than earned his chance to have a good face run though

See that space there?

*points*

That's the 'top heel' position. Shortly, it will be vacated. It might be for the good of the fed if someone were to fill it.

Just a thought.

Just for the record, I had a great time reading Hawke's match. It was quite accessible, although it seems like he knows what he's doing when it comes to this amateur wrestling stuff.

Just for the record, I at least started a match. Not exactly a good way to make a return, but I think Judge did a fine job of portraying myself and Manson.

I say the top heel has to be either British or from a member of the British Commonwealth.

*looks at list of British Commonwealth doodads*

*sees Canada on there*

Ha!

My computer monitor passed away without warning yesterday, so I was unable to finish my match or send in the long promo I had written. However, the promo will be posted on the board soon.

It wasn't my fault!