TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

OAO WWE released talent/staff thread

Except Holly, I like most of the names mentioned on the lists provided by this thread.

It's too bad they are gonna keep a bunch of bad acting divas (specifically the ones from last year's Diva Search) and adding new ones. If they are such a big draw, why don't they just give them their own, non-wrestling skin show? You could still keep gals like Torrie and Stacy around on actual WWE shows because it's ok to look at occasional arm candy, but I think they have way, way too many divas right now.

The thing about those big contracts that Puder, Hemme, and the next Diva Search Winner is that they can be canceled at anytime and WWE doesn't have to pay them all of it. If Puder got released right now, they wouldn't have to give him the full million.

And just out of curiousity, how many Cruiserweights have the WWE released in the past? I remember how everyone says they're gonna get cut, but I don't recall ever seeing any released.

Wrestler's I'd want released/or atleast wouldn't care if they were fired

Funaki

Heidenreich

Hardcore Holly

Susaki

Orlando Jordan

Scotty 2 Hotty

Viscera (Will never happen but whatever)

Gene Snitsky

La Resistance as a whole

Rosey (Take those tag team titles with you)

Simon Dean

Tyson Tomko

Jamie Noble got released and he was a Cruiserweight, Spanky got released and he was a cruiserweight.

I say Tomko and Grenier go as well.

** SPOILERS **

Now that Christian is on SD! Tomko has nothing to do unless he gets traded. Conway seems to go his own way now so I think Grenier gets released too.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Jamie Noble got released and he was a Cruiserweight, Spanky got released and he was a cruiserweight.

** SPOILERS **

Now that Christian is on SD! Tomko has nothing to do unless he gets traded. Conway seems to go his own way now so I think Grenier gets released too.

Spanky requested to go and Noble was fired because of drugs (which is a fair enough reason, I suppose).

Wouldn't/didn't Tomko go with Christian to SmackDown? Daivari went with Hassan but that's not really the same situation.

Guest Neon

I think that the following will be released soon

John Cena

Batista

Randy Orton

Kurt Angle

Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker

Carlito

Rey Mystertio

Eddie Guerrero

Edge

Sheldon Benjamin

Chris Benoit

IMHO, the rosters are already too thin and dont give them much options. I breathed a sigh of relief when they signed the Mexicools, CM Punk, Sabu, Sandman, Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney and whoever else. You need resources to do things. I mean, who wants to see HHH-Angle or JBL-UT again?

personally, yeah I think everyone should agree...realistically, I know everyone doesn't agree...

Whats the point of the forum then Lushus?

What do they plan on doing with smackdown after next year ?Will they try to get it on usa ?

Here is a list of 10 I thinkthey can get rid of.

1.mark henry-there is no use for this guy

2.funaki-there are other cruiserweights and funaki adds nothing

3.kenzo suziki-I forgot he was even on the roster

4.miss jackie-they have too many divas,they will have to include at least one.

5.scotty 2 hotty-decent wrestler but there is nothing for him to do.

6.val venis-another good wrestler but there is nothing they can do with him.

7.ivory-the less divas the better

8.christy hemme-see ivory

9.simon dean-there is no need for him

10.steven richards-if he can't act the way he did in ecw then there isn't much use for him.

I think saying that there is no use for somebody is a pretty lame excuse for hiring them. 'Creative' should be able to come up for at least 90% of the roster. Isnt that their job after all?

Memo to Vince: SACK CREATIVE AND SAVE YOURSELF A BUNDLE FROM THERE.

La Resistance as a whole

Nah, Conway is good. Grenier is useless, though.

I would've put Orlando on my list had I thought there was a chance of it happening. As it stands, he's the US Champ, a member of JBL's Cabinet, and trained by Rocky Johnson. There's no way he's getting let go. I'd be all for it, though.

Neon, you just joined us, don't be an idiot and get yourself banned. I personally like Funaki, although I could see him and a lot of the others mentioned get fired. I think they'll keep Stevie so the OVW hosses have someone to kill on Heat when they debut. WWF is getting like WCW though, with so much talent and they don't care enough to use it all properly, and they continue to bring in absolute slugs who bring nothing or give wrestlers dumb gimmicks. How am I supposed to care about Matt Morgan if the only things they get otu about him is that he's big, strong, and stutters? I'd rather see them make him a killer ie when Benoit was in his Crippler phase. Have him slughter some guys like they did for Lesnar. That's a better use of Shannon Moore or Scotty than anything they're doing now

I personally like Funaki, although I could see him and a lot of the others mentioned get fired.

I think they'll keep Stevie so the OVW hosses have someone to kill on Heat when they debut.

WWF is getting like WCW though, with so much talent and they don't care enough to use it all properly, and they continue to bring in absolute slugs who bring nothing or give wrestlers dumb gimmicks. How am I supposed to care about Matt Morgan if the only things they get otu about him is that he's big, strong, and stutters? I'd rather see them make him a killer ie when Benoit was in his Crippler phase. Have him slughter some guys like they did for Lesnar. That's a better use of Shannon Moore or Scotty than anything they're doing now

Funakis gone, you cant even tell if hes with the company. Does he work Velocity?

Stevie I can see them keeping. Hes decent.

Feeding a monster CW does not get them over. The guys strength is his promos, dont give him a freakin stutter but give him a mike and let him cut it.

** SPOILERS **

Spanky requested to go and Noble was fired because of drugs (which is a fair enough reason, I suppose).

Wouldn't/didn't Tomko go with Christian to SmackDown? Daivari went with Hassan but that's not really the same situation.

Noble got busted using steroids, which 90% of the roster or higher are using. It's just that Noble developed a cyst on his ass from a shot, then tried to have the treatment paid for and when it came out that it was from a steroid injection gone bad, WWE had to let him go. However, if this happened to someone who was higher on the card like HHH, JBL, Angle, or even Benoit, they would have either done more to hide this coming out or would have ignored it. Since Noble isn't high on the card, they had no problem letting him go.

Think about this, if Noble was on the juice, and he wasn't the biggest guy in terms of straigh muscle either, you've got to figure the number of 90% isn't off. Even with very good genetics, you can see who is and isn't juiced. Just trying to bust the bubble of people who still think smark favs like Benoit, Eddy, and Angle don't juice.

personally, yeah I think everyone should agree...realistically, I know everyone doesn't agree...

Dude, seriously, are you picking a fight or what...read what I typed again...in Black Lushus's perfect world, everyone would agree with me...in the real world that's not the case...at what point did I question the point of a forum with that statement?

Someone ban Lushus ... it's obvious he's just trolling at this point.

And I don't know if anyone's pointed it out, but the release says that "big" wrestlers, not big-name wrestlers, are getting released ... why do people keep naming CWs or average sized guys that could be in danger?

I'd say the Heidenreichs/Snitskys/Tomkos of the world are in more danger than people like Nunzio, Richards or Nova (ugh, I can't call him Simon Dean)

/and I'm kidding. Don't ban Lushus.

Guest Coffey
Val Venis is a good wrestler, and is better than Triple H.

Hey, I'm a big fan of Val too, but if you really believe that, you're crazy. Triple H is one of the best workers on Raw regardless of if people are blinded by HHHate or not.

Considering I can't recall one memorable/good Val Venis match (not to mention the unbelievably stale character), I can't say that I'd be said to see him go.

Guest *KNK*

Dissecting the Rosters and their chances of Survival

Smackdown

Akio- He’s a good CW fodder and I don’t see him being cut because he works well with all the cruiserweights primarily the current top CW, Paul London.

Al Snow-Quite frankly I don’t sense a purpose to keeping him on the main roster. He doesn’t commentate anymore to my knowledge and they aren’t likely bringing back TE. I would just cut him and give him a reduced offer to run the Atlanta facility.

Billy Kidman- The modern day Marc Mero. He was once a flashy big star who dazzled everyone with his aerial specialties but now only employed because his wife is Smackdown’s top diva. He had a mini-push last fall that went nowhere following his injury. He’ll stick around until Torrie leaves him or WWE figures Torrie isn’t serviceable anymore.

Booker T- One of Smackdown’s top faces and often on the top level of the card. Recently extended his contract as well.

Dudleyz- Sooner or later they will return to the Smackdown show and I personally believe the inevitable Dudleyz Vs MNM feud would be very enjoyable.

Charlie Haas- A similar case like Kidman but he slightly has more use and upside. Very solid mid-card/tag teamer who should move up to the US title ranks soon

Chavo Guerrero-Usually the top CW heel and that alone keeps him hired in addition to being Eddie’s nephew.

Chris Benoit-One of WWE’s top names overall.

Davari- He was only brought in for the fact he was Arabic and so far he has managed to do what was asked of him, get great heel heat and get Hassan over. If the angle hadn’t been a success and they were to axe it, I feel Davari would be expendable but as long as Hassan remains over, Davari remains employed.

Bashams-Really should be single wrestlers but the void of tag teams keeps them together. They are basically one of the very few legit tag teams on the main rosters.

Dawn Marie- She’s pregnant. She likely won’t be on TV for the rest of the year. I could see them cutting her due to the fact she’s aging and isn’t able to be used due to the baby but might sway from the negative heat it would cause by firing a pregnant woman. I think she can’t be making so much that it would be eating up the bankroll.

Eddie Guerrero- The man is bulletproof.

Funaki- Interesting enough, one of the few “Attitude” leftovers remaining and hasn’t hardly changed his character all that much. I really think he has run his course as a wrestler and even as an interviewer. However he is loved backstage, so he might just stick around as fodder.

Hardcore Holly-The man who has made every “Must be fired” list since 1994. The problem is; He’s actually over. Vince gets that and likes Holly’s style. Holly, despite the wishes of many is staying.

Heidenreich- I had him pegged for the chopping block early this year after his UT program bombed but they found a way to not only salvage him but actually get him over. I think he has pulled off a coup and will stick around for another year at the least.

JBL-Smackdown’s Triple H and Vince McMahon’s mirror image.

Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro-The top tag team in the company and a rare example of WWE not screwing something up.

Josh Matthews-The best announcer employed right now and the kid can take bumps as good and even better then most wrestlers on the roster.

Joy Giovanni- the TBS diva for those confused. Doesn’t serve a purpose but we know she won’t be fired because they will wait for Orton to drive her out.

Juventud-Recently signed and has been pushed hard for a CW.

Kenzo Suzuki-In my Opinion, the #1 casualty on the Smackdown roster right now. He wasn’t getting over before he got injured and likely won’t when he returns.

Mark Jindrak- Young but has seemingly been “young” for the past 5 years and hasn’t gotten over any bit. Should be fired but something tells me he’ll linger on.

Matt Morgan- A Big man who can cut a promo and look intimidating and lacks work-rate? He’ll be a main eventer very soon.

Melina- The top diva after Trish and Christy. Awesome heeling.

Michael Cole- If the WWE hasn’t figured out he is a suck ass douche bag by now; then they never will.

Michelle McCool- One of the more standout Diva’s in the company. Has a good look and athletic enough to be used for the now defunct woman’s division.

Miss Jackie- Fills the Bikini contest quota.

Muhammad Hassan- Has been pushed hard since his arrival and has had considerable success. He survived longer then I honestly expected.

Nunzio- The man could really go either way. Get fired or remain CW fodder. I think his time is up though.

Orlando Jordan- Has made a dramatic rise from his standing a year ago to now. He is the US champion and is a decent heel and appears to be legit tight with JBL so that should keep him snug.

Paul London- In a rare occasion, An CW is pushed and London is admired in the back for his efforts.

Psicosis-Just signed.

Randy Orton- Vince’s project.

Rene Dupree- I believe his continuing image change points out that he is struggling to get notice indicates that he is maybe not ready yet. He’s very young and I could see him getting sent back down to OVW or cut to give him more Seasoning.

Rey Mysterio- The top face on Smackdown and Merchandise bonanza. Yeah, he’s totally fired.

S2H- Honestly, he is still employed? This has to be one of those “the webmasters are too lazy” deals and they just haven’t got around to taking that off. If he isn’t cut this time, then I don’t think he ever will.

Shannon Moore- I figured they would release him just to spite Matt. The Pawk Rocker thing isn’t worker but anything with him besides being #1 Mfer wont.

Sharmell- I don’t foresee her lasting long as a TV character.

Spike Dudley- They have Paul London. Spike the human crash dummy has no point anymore.

Steve Romero- Oh is this the new Velocity commentator? Can him.

Super Crazy-Just signed and I believe will be pushed hard in the CW division soon.

Tazz-Top Notch commentator.

Teddy Long- I don’t think he will be GM at the end of the year.

Torrie- She’s the top diva on the show.

Undertaker- He only appears 10 shows a year anyways.

Raw

Antonio- I guess he’s one of the Heart-throbs. Whatever. They need tag jobbers.

Batista-Bulletproof.

The Big Show- The best ambassador they have for promotional work, can always been used as a main eventer thanks to his size.

Candice- This is the Super Bowl GoDaddy.com diva. She’s going to be around I suppose but hell if I remember her even being on the diva search or the show itself save for the Hi-Lite reel.

Carlito-A very pushed charismatic name who shouldn’t be a wrestler. He needs to skip level one and two of the Roddy Piper road and just become a full time talk show host.

Chris Jericho- No question that He is the company’s most versatile worker. He can be a sympathetic baby face one night and cocky ass supreme dick heel the next night. To my knowledge hasn’t re-signed his contract that is set to expire in August. Could easily just leave if he wanted to. He does have a rarity for wrestlers, career options beyond the business.

Chris Masters- They are determined to get him over but it’s clearly not working. I wouldn’t actually be shocked to see him gone.

Christian-He will be a upper card name now but really needs to erase that jobbing disease he has.

Christy- You pay $250,000 for the girl, you get use out of her and they have. Actually not as bad as expected.

Edge-They had a opening to fire him this winter and didn’t, only PUSHED him further for it. He has the MITB contract and soon enough will Main event.

Eric Bischoff- One of the best heels ever.

Eugene- Really would be better served on the other show but he is over and can work.

Snitsky- The accident. He wasn’t supposed to get over like this. However he is a one trick pony. But he will stick around nonetheless.

Ivory- Has no purpose now. Old, looks drooping and no weekend shows to stick her on.

Lawler- Keep him for the 24/7 stuff where can be of use there but move Matthews from Velocity to Raw.

Jim Ross- Sooner or later, he will have to put the hat down and step away.

John Cena- Without question, WWE’s #1 name.

The Coach- A great smarmy heel. Amazing transition from being a ball of suck 2 years ago

Kane- He has this strange ability to stay over despite being thrown the worst stuff in wrestling history for 6 years straight. With a little work, is easily able to be plugged into a main event.

Kurt Angle- Time is drawing near a end for Kurt Angle…so we think. Bottom line is, for a man who seems headed to the wheelchair, he can still wrestle and cut a good promo. This run on Raw, just may determine his legacy.

Lillian Garcia- The new announcer actually knows the wrestlers names, we got plenty of skin to look at already. Keeping her around to perform the national anthem sounds like a waste of $$$ but that’s WWE’s business plan.

Lita-…No need to bother with ink here.

Maria- Okay, my personal favorite diva. She’s cute and her character(?) really stands out from the other bimbos.

Maven- If they really want to salvage the value of “TOUGH ENOUGH” they will keep him but they really shouldn’t. He will never get pass that stigma and never seems to improve after 4 ½ years now.

Mick Foley- He’s on the roster but isn’t really. Great for Promotional value but is he actually under contract?

Ric Flair- Proved this Monday he can still go in the ring but that’s an exception to the rule and really needs to get out of the ring. Great as a manager but needs to be used on someone else.

RVD- Will always be over and apparently can’t get fired no matter what.

Robert Conway- The Le Rez who can wrestle. They need to keep tag teams, so I think he sticks around and either Grenier is canned and Dupree comes back over and re-teams with Conway or They repackage him with someone else like Garrison Cade (not on the main roster)

Romeo- The other Throb. Whatever.

Rosey- Managed to avoid the axe last year and found a good identity with the gimmick.

HBK-Yeah he’s going nowhere.

Shelton Benjamin- At some point, the man who be on the top.

Simon Dean- Expendable. Needs to be cut.

Stacy Keibler- Serviceable diva.

Steven Richards- oft placed on the lists to be canned but survives every cut period despite no push since the RTC days and a knack for injuries. I honestly think he survives again.

Stone Cold- Still listed. An occasional appearance, 5-8 times a year doesn’t hurt but it does when its at the expense of other wrestlers.

Sylvain Grenier- Shouldn’t be around. Him or Dupree, one gets cut.

Tajiri- A popular CW who can mix it up with heavy’s and great for comedic value as well.

Hurricane-The man lives because his gimmick sells to kids so damn well. They can’t cut him for that reason alone…not until they find another gimmick for someone else who could sell like him.

The Rock-Still listed but isn’t with the company anymore.

Todd Grisham- The only man to make me yearn for the days of Todd Pettingale.

Triple H- I don’t like his chances of surviving the cuts.

Trish Stratus- Still the best wrestling woman they have and can be great either as a heel or face.

Tyson Tomko- Let’s face it, he lucked out getting with Christian. Without Christian or someone to be a straight man for, he is worthless. He hardly wins nor wrestles anyways.

Val Venis- Everytime these rumors are reported, Val Venis tends to be the first name thrown out to slaughter by us. I don’t get it, if they wanted to cut him, they would have by now. I think Val realizes and is comfortable with being WWE’s tester. He is the go to guy to work with the try outs and has a good grasp on the “WWE Style” to make judgment. Consider him the modern day Brooklyn Brawler.

Victoria-One of the few wrestling diva’s remaining.

Viscera- Supposed to be a per night deal that turned into him being one of the show’s focal points. I guess he’s over enough now but the gimmick will wear think soon enough.

William Regal- I think he has been forgotten considering he is never used anymore.

Ultimately, with new batch of OVWers and some ECW formers coming in, room needs to be cleared and that means the obvious ones will be canned. Some in OVW have been there for so long they likely are never going to get called up.

Guest Coffey
Dudleyz- Sooner or later they will return to the Smackdown show and I personally believe the inevitable Dudleyz Vs MNM feud would be very enjoyable.

Only if MNM are the babyfaces. Hell, Melina gets face pops as it is.

Billy Kidman- The modern day Marc Mero. He was once a flashy big star who dazzled everyone with his aerial specialties but now only employed because his wife is Smackdown’s top diva. He had a mini-push last fall that went nowhere following his injury. He’ll stick around until Torrie leaves him or WWE figures Torrie isn’t serviceable anymore.

Is'nt the whole purpose of the diva search is to find a replacement for Torrie? Exactly what skills does Torrie have over the diva search girls? WWE can sign a group of randam strippers to do what Torrie does. Just look at Melina she is the valet for the tag team champs and does a good job of being eye candy. Torrie, Stacy, Ivory can all be replaced.

Noble got busted using steroids, which 90% of the roster or higher are using. It's just that Noble developed a cyst on his ass from a shot, then tried to have the treatment paid for and when it came out that it was from a steroid injection gone bad, WWE had to let him go. However, if this happened to someone who was higher on the card like HHH, JBL, Angle, or even Benoit, they would have either done more to hide this coming out or would have ignored it. Since Noble isn't high on the card, they had no problem letting him go.

Ahh, yes, I remember that now. But I though Noble said in an interview that he pretty much "forced the WWE's hand" by filing the claim. I thought he did it on purpose, to suffer the consequences of doing something wrong.

Guest *KNK*

Yeah, he did that on purpose to get fired.

No he just took the blame for it so WWE would keep him in good light.

Garrison Cade it out as well.

Cades not still with the company is he???? :|

Lance Cade is in OVW now and has been looking pretty awesome (and he has a gimmick that's not just being a Stan Hansen clone), meaning WWE will fire him.

Why must whenever a wrestler comes up from OVW normally change their name and when they go back they change it back? :S I know Cena, Doug Basham, Matt Morgan and Eugene kept theirs but not the others. Lance sounds better than Garrison anyway. I would have prefered to see him as the Redneck with La Res than Conway any day.

Dude, seriously, are you picking a fight or what...read what I typed again...in Black Lushus's perfect world, everyone would agree with me...in the real world that's not the case...at what point did I question the point of a forum with that statement?

It was sarcasm. I know what you meant. Lighten up.

Val Venis is a good wrestler, and is better than Triple H.

Hey, I'm a big fan of Val too, but if you really believe that, you're crazy. Triple H is one of the best workers on Raw regardless of if people are blinded by HHHate or not.

He is. Can bust his ass off like one hell of a mother fucker . . . when he wants to. Is the best worker from the Big 4 of Austin, Rock, UT and himself. Thats why I hate him so much. Everytime I watch him in a big match I think, geez, thing he will pull it out of the bag tonight, but he never does. He has so much talent and doesnt use. What a waste.

Considering they are cutting people to cut cost, unless we know what each person is making, it's hard to guess who's getting released. Like if some useless lowcarder is making a third of what everyone else in the lowcard is making, they'll stay most likely. But if someone who's in the midcard is making close to main-event money, even if they're talented, they might be gone.

Venis

Heidenreich

Holly

Kenzo

Scotty 2

Sylvian

Rosey

Tomko

I'd be happy with those.