TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

OAO WWE released talent/staff thread

"Breaking News: WWE Set To Fire Several Big Wrestlers

Written by Matt Boone on June 28, 2005 at 19:55:39

Credit: PWTorch.com Audio

Reports from backstage indicate that WWE management will be cutting several members from the talent roster in the coming weeks. Although no names are available, wrestlers are said to be on alert for a potential release.

While some past release threats did not materialize, the belief is that WWE will definitely be following through with releases in the coming weeks.

The upcoming move to USA is undoubtedly the driving force in the decision to make cuts. With WWE set to gross less from USA than Spike TV on RAW, and the loss of two weekend shows, the need for budget limitations is imminent."

I guess we'll find out if this is true in the coming weeks, and if it is, I can't see them firing anyone above Simon Dean level. I'd expect a lot of Velocity/Heat regulars as usual.

Guest QUP2CME

Snitzky, Viscera, Heidenreich

What's happening to the weekend shows? I assume they mean Heat, Velocity etc

Guest Ransome
One man for sure, Kenzo Suzuki. I hope some more useless diva's and I also think Val Venis, I hope not but I think so.

What happened to Kenzo Suzuki? He was getting a fairly sizable push for a while, did he get injured or what?

I imagine Val Venis, Nunzio, Funaki, or perhaps Rene Dupree are fairly expendable at the moment also.

Guest QUP2CME
Snitzky, Viscera, Heidenreich

What's happening to the weekend shows? I assume they mean Heat, Velocity etc

They are getting cancelled.

Bummer. And if the brand extension ends cauz of UPN cancelling SD! then WWE is going to have a HUGE roster to fit on one show.

Kenzo has been a complete failure. And Rene's carrer is in life support right now.

But look on the brightside, we'll have 8 new divas soon who's names I'll never learn.

Not Rene Dupree, he is too young and he has too much potential to let go. Val Venis, maybe, but he has been loyal for a long time and he is always there when needed and besides he's a great wrestler. Snitsky might get released but he has just developed a character and is on RAW almost every time. Heidenreich is over with the fans and he's in the middle of a feud with MNM. Funaki is not a "big" wrestler but I can see him getting released though. Time for some new cruiserweights and Funaki is not even that good anymore. He got his moment to shine, now he can rest in peace. Viscera, they just hired him and he's in a pimping storyline. Shannon Moore, not yet, after his accident. Nunzio, big chance. MARK HENRY, YES

Val Venis is history, and it's about time...

Maven? gonzo

Simon Dean? eh, possibly...

Stevie Richards? hopefully...

Viscera? not a chance, he's here for awhile...

Mark Henry? I kinda have a feeling they'll try one more time with him, though I have no clue why...probably because Vince hates admitting he's wrong...

Nunzio? I dunno, with the Mexicools apparently being a faction, they'll need cruiserweight cannon fodder...

Shannon Moore? see Nunzio...

Funaki? I think the E likes this guy, oh and see Nunzio also...

Kenzo? oh yeah he's toast...

Renee Dupree? He's young so I think they'll keep him around, invest a little bit more into him...

never cared for either of them, never saw how they fit into anything, Stevie at least...Val was good off and on over the years, but the E just never seemed committed to him, he's dead weight at this point...Stevie, he was a fun novelty in ECW, but pretty much useless since crossing over...

of course, as usual, I'm sure you'll completely disagree, right?

Yeah, because me disagreeing with you isn't allowed, is it? I mean, shouldn't EVERYONE think that Steven Richards and Val Venis should be released by WWE?

I love how you always have to be that "poster that always has smart ass comments" rather than just adding to the conversation...

personally, yeah I think everyone should agree...realistically, I know everyone doesn't agree...

so how bout you just counter with why they SHOULDN'T be fired instead of wasting bandwidth with your clever quips...

See, I did that once before with you, remember, when I told you why Val Venis could have been as big as Triple H, or some other such lunacy? And I completely and utterly destroyed your argument? And then you just ignored it? Yeah, that's kinda what happened. I have no desire to get in another argument with you again because, frankly, you don't do anything. I told you why, numerous times, and all you replied with was "well, we'll have to disagree" or something.

And, maybe it's just me, but it was you, not me, that started using the "smart ass comments" with:

"of course, as usual, I'm sure you'll completely disagree, right?"

after I asked you the SAME THING YOU'RE ASKING ME TO DO - explain why they should/shouldn't be fired. All you said was that they should be fired, without explanation.

Don't you think it would be pretty boring if everyone agreed? I mean, if everyone agreed with people who are right, then yeah, that would be ok...

Here's why they shouldn't be fired:

Val Venis is a good wrestler, and is better than Triple H.

Stevie Richards is a good jobber who makes all the new guys look good.

There, you've got what you asked for.

bout time you finally answered...so if Val Venis is as good or better than Triple H, why are we not seeing that?

EDIT: oh and the disagree line was tossed out because, well that's typically what you tend to do when we converse, figured I'd get your ball rolling for ya! ;)

Okay, I'll level with ya...I'd rather see them at least TRY again with Val Venis if it means they can this worthless shit with these nameless chicks...how long was that segment? long enough to have a match and develop a character at least, no?

Maybe you're not seeing it, but I am. I went through this with you in the other thread, but I'll skim through it again.

Basically, Val does better with what he's given than Trips does, a point which Tekcop made recently, and he probably explained it better than I did. I don't think Trips has has a match better than good this year, and I'm not sure he's had a good match at all that wasn't with Chris Benoit, though I maybe forgetting some (haven't seen HIAC yet). Val, somehow, managed to carry Chris Masters to a really fun, very heated four minute match on Raw. Keep in mind that WWE fans have NO REASON whatsoever to care about Val Venis, yet in the space of a few minutes, against a guy who isn't very good, and has been getting shit on for months, Val made them care. He did a better job at putting Masters over in those four minutes than Triple H has done with Batista in 20 minute PPV world title matches.

Last year, Val, despite being treated like shit, managed to have a much better catalogue of bouts than Hunter did. He took Orton to two damn good matches on Heat, which absolutely kill any Triple H/Orton match. Hell, they were better than ANY Triple H match in 04, the Shelton Benjamin match being the possible exception. So, look at that. Val Venis had twelve minute matches with Randy Orton that were better than any 30 minute+ match that Trips had with wrestlers like Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, etc. There is also the Lance Storm and Val Venis vs. Dudleyz match that I pimp so much, which is as good as anything Trips has done in years.

Val Venis has a better moveset than Triple h. He is a better bumper. He's a better seller. He has better timing. He has better facial expressions. He is as good as him on the mic. He's more charismatic. He has better matches. That's why Val Venis is better than Triple H. I'll say what I said last time - we don't see Val Venis as the better wrestler because, really, we don't see Val at all. He's rarely on Raw, and when he is, he's usually getting squashed in minutes. How can he prove he's better when that's all he's given?

What do they plan on doing with smackdown after next year ?Will they try to get it on usa ?

Here is a list of 10 I thinkthey can get rid of.

1.mark henry-there is no use for this guy

2.funaki-there are other cruiserweights and funaki adds nothing

3.kenzo suziki-I forgot he was even on the roster

4.miss jackie-they have too many divas,they will have to include at least one.

5.scotty 2 hotty-decent wrestler but there is nothing for him to do.

6.val venis-another good wrestler but there is nothing they can do with him.

7.ivory-the less divas the better

8.christy hemme-see ivory

9.simon dean-there is no need for him

10.steven richards-if he can't act the way he did in ecw then there isn't much use for him.

Dark Age, I know what you're saying, I do see your point..I saw it the last time we argued about it...but even when Val was given a lot of time, while he was a good wrestler, the E never did anything with him that actually made me care enough to watch his matches...I don't blame Val, but it's gotten to the point with him that he really doesn't need to be around anymore and if the E benefits from cutting him and saving money in that regard, then so be it, I won't shed a tear...maybe he can catch fire in TNA or ROH or somewhere and become huge, but it's just never going to happen where he's at now...

Oh I understand that. My frustration is with the company for never really giving him that chance. If releasing him meant a nice push in TNA or something, though, that would be fine with me.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Mark Henry was recently resigned to a new contract for promotional appearences, so he's  not going anywhere.

Oh God ... I may sue WWE for attempted death by boredom. Why do they keep pushing this guy? He can't do ANYTHING. I don't even see the marketability in him. At least Viscera has a mohawk and funny contact lenses ...

Simon Dean might be gone. Maybe Maven with him? Stevie could be, although Vince has always liked Stevie so maybe not. Val Venis, maybe Spike? Any chance of Chris Masters going?

Ideally, I'd want Carlito Caribbean Cool, Matt Morgan, Gene Snitsky, Heidenreich, the Big Show, Maven, Simon Dean and Hardcore Holly booted out. Oh and all of the divas except for Trish, Victoria and Christy. The rest can go on a bus ride over a cliff.

With WWE set to gross less from USA than Spike TV on RAW, and the loss of two weekend shows, the need for budget limitations is imminent.

But they'll throw a quarter of a mil at the Diva winner.

Anyway, here's a bunch of guys who aren't doing anything important who could and/or should get cut (and, no, "so bad they're good" doesn't count as an excuse to keep them):

Kenzo

Tomko

Snitsky

Heidenreich

Scotty 2 Hotty

Mark Henry

Bob Holly

Maven

Simon Dean

Viscera

Funaki

Grenier

There's 12 guys I'd start with that you could let go w/out effecting any current plans.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
With WWE set to gross less from USA than Spike TV on RAW, and the loss of two weekend shows, the need for budget limitations is imminent.

But they'll throw a quarter of a mil at the Diva winner.

Not to mention Christy Hemme's quarter of a million and Daniel Puder's million. And the amount Vince is forking out for his future movie flops