TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

It depends, I guess. I wouldn't count on a new Xbox or Cube title, but if the SmackDown people aren't busy working on a PS3 game, I could see them putting out one more game this fall. I guess we'll find out in May.

I agree. The x-box and Gamecube are basically done except for a few multi-console releases. I wouldn't expect any more wrestling exclusives.

However, I guarantee PS2 will be getting games well into 2007. I don't necessarily think the God of War 2 rumor is true (there was a rumor that GoW is in development for PS2 and will be released early '07), but developers are not going to drop an installed user base as huge as the PS2's until it's no longer practical.

If there's no early ending of the THQ/WWE agreement, I would expect at least one more Smackdown vs. Raw title.

Did the Ayu songs in Onimusha: DoD survive into the American version?

Eric, come to Valley Mall and lose to me in DR please. You owe me that much after our Beltway adventures. :(

I work next door to the Valley Mall (in Hagerstown, MD) and the last time I was anywhere near the arcade in there the DDR looked to be shoddy and falling apart, but I wasn't much paying attention. That arcade sucked ass.

Played Naruto: Clash of the Ninja for the GameCube for a few minutes. One of the lmost simplistic combo systems I have ever witnessed, but then again it's geared for kids and it's a GameCube fighter.

Heh I meant Dark Resurrection when I said DR. Yes, everything else about that arcade is ass. Even single token SC2 isn't worth anything when the sticks are so bad you basically move in a random direction every time you touch them. Yay for T5's controller ports.

Nothing is more annoying than seeing a game in an arcade that you have been jonesing to play for a long time, and find out that the controller is fucked or a button doesn't work.

The local independent game store near me is selling their Micros at $60. The clerk told me that they're having a hard time getting rid of them.

Question: This DS Lite is supposed to come out in the US in May. Will this cause the price of a normal DS to drop, and if so, how much?

Too soon to tell for the US, because there is no announced US price yet.

The Japan MSRP was approx $149 USD, more than the original DS. However, there's no original DS price drops cuz they basically sold out of the originals, and Japanese retailers are buying used DSes and selling them for a big markup.

The US is quite a different market, since the DS isn't selling nearly as well here, but a $140/$150 Lite or a c-note-ish OG DS seems likely to me.

Not too surprised about the Micro not doing so hot here. It was essentially designed for the Japan market, while it doesn't make much sense in the US. A typical parent isn't going to pay more for something just because it's smaller, and an older gamer will likely find the Micro to be too small and likely will be annoyed at the lack of backwards compatibility.

The Sam Goody in the mall where I work is selling the Micros for $49.99. I was going to pick one up because they were so cheap, but I got to hold one in Gamestop, and its WAY too small. I was having a hard time holding the SP, so holding onto this thing was nearly impossible.

I got a chance to play a lot of Lili today and I've pretty much fallen in love with her. Her pressure game is so much fun; you bait them with d/f+1 and 1,2 until they try to interrupt and then if you guess right you crush them for half life. Fun! I love d/f+3+4 into the mixups too, and I love the way the d/f+3+4, d+1, wr+2, d+1,2,4 juggle looks. It's too bad if hopkick really beats all d/f+3+4 options though. Hopefully the people I play won't read anti-Lili strats.

Does she have a good wall ender? That'd be crazy if she did since her standard d/f+1, 1, 2, d+2,2,3 combo takes them so far.

Also what's her best low? I've been using d/b+4 but it seems like more of an anti-scrub low. Does she have one that's solid?

I bought a card for her today too (Valley Mall had cards, wtf). What's her coolest looking 1P item for <100K?

Most of her items are expensive. You could get googles for face but I think they look retarded. Looks totally out of place to have big goofy looking googles on. You could get black or pink hair, which is just her regular hair but that color. Brown choker is 30K. Goth makeup is 80, it makes her really pale. Only other thing is Aura and Dizzy which everyone has. If you don't want to save I'd go with pink or black hair, depending on your colors. Good thing about that is you can use it for both costumes.

Right now I've got black hair and all black costume for 1P and for 2P I've got black dress, blue ribbon, parasol, blue glasses and a black and blue lace headband. I'm really happy with how she looks. All I need is 500K for the shoes and socks item and my 2P will be fully customized.

Yeah d+3+4 is awesome. Crush system is so crazy in T5.

Try messing around with u/f+3+4, 3+4. The second hit is d+3+4 so if they try to jab out of the first or duck they're launched. So they'll be so afraid you could do stuff like u/f+3+4 then throw or whatever.

1+2 or f+3+4 for wall. And Julia's 1+2, 4, b,f+1+2 seems a LOT more realiable now. I hit it every time today. I was horrible at it in 5.0, so bad I just did 4,4.

As for lows....no not really. They're mostly all easy to see coming 20+ frame special move lows. I think that's the one big thing she is missing. The first hit of the d+1,2,4 string is ok I guess. That and generic lows are pretty much all you've got for low pokes.

I think d/b+3 is better than d/b+4, it's faster, safer and knocks down. There's also f,f+4 which stuns. FC, d/f+3 has good reach.

b+4~3 is one I keep forgetting to use more. The b+4 is supposed to evade, but I'm not sure how realiable it is. You could mix it up with the mid.

Andrew advanced to round 2 (by one vote!), Anya, Rando, and myself all were eliminated, so the VG folder is not represented very well in the alleged "best poster" tournament.

don't lump me in with you FREAKS i was only here commenting on the shitty Valley Mall.

Just kidding by the way. I'm still not exactly a contributor, as the only video game i've bought in the past two years has been AOE3.

Y'know, I just happened to pop in one of my Project A-ko DVDs, I'm amazed there was never a game released base on those movies/OAVs, you'd think some kind of game could be made, if only a Shadow of the Colossus style thing where A-ko fought her against B-ko's mecha

Andrew advanced to round 2 (by one vote!), Anya, Rando, and myself all were eliminated, so the VG folder is not represented very well in the alleged "best poster" tournament.

wildpegasus 23

AndrewTS 24

You know, I'd probably rather have not been nominated at all at this point if I nearly lose to WP. =P At least Anya lost to lovecraft. Rando should have beat Hoff. Niskie over HTQ is insane.

I'm against Zack this round, whose been here forever and everybody loves him, so I'm done.

Played Naruto: Clash of the Ninja for the GameCube for a few minutes. One of the lmost simplistic combo systems I have ever witnessed, but then again it's geared for kids and it's a GameCube fighter.

One of the problem I have with the game is that none of the cool characters are in it yet, this being the first game. Meanwhile, in Japan, the 4th one just came out.

Starting with the 2nd one, the game gets a bit deeper. It also helps that they add 4 player support.

One of the problem I have with the game is that none of the cool characters are in it yet, this being the first game. Meanwhile, in Japan, the 4th one just came out.

Starting with the 2nd one, the game gets a bit deeper. It also helps that they add 4 player support.

The first version of the PS2 Naruto game (Narutimate Hero) is coming stateside as well. Unfortunately, it'll suffer from the same problems as the Gamecube version, but as a whole, it's a much better game than Clash of Ninja.

I imported the third Narutimate Hero a few months ago and while it's a fairly simplistic fighter, there is some skill involved and an experienced player will beat a button masher every time. Really fun game with tons of characters, fluid animation, great sound and music, and countless cinematic, epic special movies.

How could I lose??? I didn't even know that was going on.

I'm so obsessed with T5DR right now. I bought Black at release and haven't even opened it yet. I have like no desire to play anything on console now.

and now SC 3 arcade should be out soon. I cannot wait to unleash Cassie's stomp! DR and SC3 together. I'll never leave the arcade. Lili and Cassie...what a team.

In personal useless news, I finally finished San Andreas on Friday. I had been avoiding playing the final mission for the past 3 months with the move and all. color me a bit unimpressed by the ending.

In personal useless news, I finally finished San Andreas on Friday. I had been avoiding playing the final mission for the past 3 months with the move and all. color me a bit unimpressed by the ending.

Color me unimpressed with GTA in general unless San Andreas is just radically differant, which I doubt

and now SC 3 arcade should be out soon. I cannot wait to unleash Cassie's stomp!

That's 1+K, right? (Sorry, I'm always bad with terminology) Such a great move for me since it's hard to see it coming. And don't forget the low throw she has now.

Color me unimpressed with GTA in general unless San Andreas is just radically differant, which I doubt

it was good if it was your very first GTA game. My GTA experience goes: half ass into Vice City-never completed (I think i got to where you take over the Diaz mansion), San Andreas-completed, Vice City-completed, GTA 3-competed.