TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Good grief, I did not know the PS3 was so expensive. I have an original Playstation from one hundred years ago. I liked it ok. Lately the only game I've been crazy about is World of Warcraft and Hitman Blood Money for PC (which I can't finish. Shit). I'm leaning heavily towards the Xbox because of online play and strong word of mouth. But I'll look into the PS3 more closely.

the only PS3 game worth a damn right now is Resistance: Fall of Man. Some good ones should be coming out somewhat soon, but really you've got at least 6 months before a software library is built up. Consequently, XBOx 360 had the same problem and is only now building an ok software library. It's also true though that the PS2 has a big library of great games, and the PS3 is backwards compatible so there's that.

Well, I got my email today informing me that I was chosen for the Halo 3 beta. At least now I dpn't have to worry about shelling out the bucks for Crackdown. I get to wait to see if it's any good.

And yes, I know it's just a beta. But it's the Halo 3 beta. So I'm happy.

you know what else would be....weird...metr0? Oz...the prison show. I'm serious here, how about THAT for an MMORPG? It has factions, a large enough landscape, weird characters.

Alright, this is starting to piss me off. How the hell do you Hot Route for passing plays on Madden for the 360? I've tried pretty much everything with Y button, and all I can ever do is get the halfback to the change.

A FAQ I read said, hit Y, then the button of the person, then the D pad..but that doesn't seem to be working. So I can't send any of my receivers out when I need to, and I don't know why.

you know what else would be....weird...metr0? Oz...the prison show. I'm serious here, how about THAT for an MMORPG? It has factions, a large enough landscape, weird characters.

That would be hilarious, though might serve better as a single player GTA/Bully type sandbox game. I feel like mmo's are kind of required to have really large landscapes, how big can you make Em City and the rest of the jail? I suppose there are creative ways to make them bigger. The quest/task method of both mmo's and GTA type games would be very easy to implement with all the factions. Go steal some cigs, go shank this guy, go blackmail the warden, beat up the guards, etc etc.

I'd so choose Adebisi.

There is a series of videos on Youtube called "Crappy Games" featuring such tings as Nitro and the NES Superman. The guy just kind of swears a lot and I couldn't really say it's that good, but it's not terrible.

I prefer the series of videos I was watching last fall on 1up where they were making fun of games like American Gladiators.

That would be hilarious, though might serve better as a single player GTA/Bully type sandbox game. I feel like mmo's are kind of required to have really large landscapes, how big can you make Em City and the rest of the jail? I suppose there are creative ways to make them bigger. The quest/task method of both mmo's and GTA type games would be very easy to implement with all the factions. Go steal some cigs, go shank this guy, go blackmail the warden, beat up the guards, etc etc.

I'd so choose Adebisi.

well, expand it so that you can be a warden, a unit director, a gaurd, a doctor, Sister Pete, Father Mikado, etc. Kind of a City of Heroes/City of Villians type thing.

There is a series of videos on Youtube called "Crappy Games" featuring such tings as Nitro and the NES Superman. The guy just kind of swears a lot and I couldn't really say it's that good, but it's not terrible.

I prefer the series of videos I was watching last fall on 1up where they were making fun of games like American Gladiators.

Broken Pixels? Yeah, they're sometimes good, sometimes not.

You may wanna check out the Angry Video Game Nerd videos, then:

http://www.screwattack.com/AngryNerdMain.html

Guest Smues
The Legend of Zelda: PH wasn't delayed again was it Andrew?

Yeah, October 2007 is the current date.

Weak

The Legend of Zelda: PH wasn't delayed again was it Andrew?

Yeah, October 2007 is the current date.

Weak

That's okay. A Zelda delayed tends to be a Zelda that turns out fantastic.

Finally got my hands on Elite Beat Agents today. I love it, but I've gotta say that there are a few songs that really don't lend themselves to the game. The Anthem and La La in particular are REALLY awkward and not very much fun to play. At the same time, September and Canned Heat are a blast. I definitely do much, much better at songs that I actually like, which unfortunately isn't most of the songlist.

Never thought I'd pick this game up before Ouendan. Now I know I need to get that once I'm done with EBA.

Finally got my hands on Elite Beat Agents today. I love it, but I've gotta say that there are a few songs that really don't lend themselves to the game. The Anthem and La La in particular are REALLY awkward and not very much fun to play. At the same time, September and Canned Heat are a blast. I definitely do much, much better at songs that I actually like, which unfortunately isn't most of the songlist.

Never thought I'd pick this game up before Ouendan. Now I know I need to get that once I'm done with EBA.

The Anthem? Really? That's one of the harder but more fun levels IMO, but I hate Canned Heat.

Positively love September, though.

La La is just such a rancid song that even EBA can't make it fun.

I'm still stuck on the hard version of Jumpin' Jack Flash, although I haven't given it a try in awhile. I can only imagine what insane mode must be like.

I hate Canned Heat.

You're not the first person I've heard express their dislike or outright hatred for Canned Heat, which is somewhat surprising to me not only as a Jamiroquai fan but because there are several truly awful songs on this game much more deserving of scorn.

I hate Canned Heat.

You're not the first person I've heard express their dislike or outright hatred for Canned Heat, which is somewhat surprising to me not only as a Jamiroquai fan but because there are several truly awful songs on this game much more deserving of scorn.

I'd like to rephrase that: I have no problems with the song, but I hate the Canned Heat level. The beats are so weird and awkward. It took me a heck of a long time to beat it on normal.

Jumpin' Jack Flash on Normal is killing me.

Guest Smues

I've heard good things about that game, and it's gotten good reviews, but then I saw the review on X-play last night and that soundtrack just looked awful. I'll probably buy it anyway, but I'm not looking forward to some of those tunes.

Alright, this is starting to piss me off. How the hell do you Hot Route for passing plays on Madden for the 360? I've tried pretty much everything with Y button, and all I can ever do is get the halfback to the change.

A FAQ I read said, hit Y, then the button of the person, then the D pad..but that doesn't seem to be working. So I can't send any of my receivers out when I need to, and I don't know why.

There's a button that lets you move the blue circle around (it highlights the receiver, and has little blue arrows in it if they can go in motion). You have to move that onto the receiver, then hit Y, and then the left/right stick for the hot route you want. That's the only way I've been able to do it, but I've remapped the controller so I don't know what button will do it for you (mine's on right bumper, with Lead Blocking controls on left bumper)

EDIT: Manual says it's the B button. Careful if you don't have widescreen, because you can't see the farthest-out receiver and the target circle could be on them.

It doesn't look like it. The only baseball title on IGN's 360 releases page is 2k7. From what I can gather, it's a PS2 exclusive.

I've heard good things about that game, and it's gotten good reviews, but then I saw the review on X-play last night and that soundtrack just looked awful. I'll probably buy it anyway, but I'm not looking forward to some of those tunes.

Don't judge it by whether or not you'd listen to the song by itself. That totally isn't the point. The stories, the beat patterns, the dance moves of the Agents--all factors that, even with an annoying song, can make for a really fun gameplay experience. Although there are perhaps 1 or 2 (La La and Skater Boi namely) that are so bad you just want to get through it and not be bothered with ever again. However, YMCA is *scary* fun.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is filled with overplayed Japanese pop that I'd never listen to by themselves, too.

Guest Smues

Don't judge it by whether or not you'd listen to the song by itself. That totally isn't the point. The stories, the beat patterns, the dance moves of the Agents--all factors that, even with an annoying song, can make for a really fun gameplay experience. Although there are perhaps 1 or 2 (La La and Skater Boi namely) that are so bad you just want to get through it and not be bothered with ever again. However, YMCA is *scary* fun.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is filled with overplayed Japanese pop that I'd never listen to by themselves, too.

Yeah I'll probably pick it up and suffer through the music, but damn you I didn't know La La and Skater Boi were on there too. That doesn't help me wanting to buy it.

Yeah I'll probably pick it up and suffer through the music, but damn you I didn't know La La and Skater Boi were on there too. That doesn't help me wanting to buy it.

If it helps ease the pain any, they're just covers, not the actual recordings.