TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues

Yeah I was glad it wasn't my disc. But I'd have never guessed that unplugging the network cable would fix single player off-line mode.

And I'd have never guessed that Gamefaqs forums could actually be helpful. (but I had to wade through tons and tons of stupidity to get to the solution of course)

Yeah I had the same problem with Gears tonight. I beat it on Hardcore difficulty just now and am starting on Insane.

Yeah I was glad it wasn't my disc. But I'd have never guessed that unplugging the network cable would fix single player off-line mode.

And I'd have never guessed that Gamefaqs forums could actually be helpful. (but I had to wade through tons and tons of stupidity to get to the solution of course)

Thats why I use the search option. That normally helps me skip over some of the stupid people and assholes there, or at least make your own post and hope someone who understands your issue won't be a douche and will give you a straight answer.

When hooking up a PS2 to an LCD HDTV, is there any way to improve aliasing? I've got component cables going, but for certain textures (mostly just some transparencies here and there like the fog machines in Guitar Hero II) it displays as something I can only describe as a "mesh screen." I've looked around the net and couldn't find an answer and figured someone here might know.

I got some $ for X-Mas and was going to Best Buy tomorrow and was thinking of buying a new sports genre game for my PS2. I'm considering either College Hoops 2K7 and/or World Series of Poker: TOC Edition.

Anyone have any of these games or played them and can give me some feedback on whether each are worth a buy? Thanks.

This is just making me seeth to no end. I'm 1-2 in my Madden Vikings dynasty that HQ told me I should do. I decided to make it even more fun by having a really shitty HB (47 overall, however speed, agility, and accel are maxed).

Now you might be asking why I'm pissed if I'm handi-capping myself. My "shitty" HB is 4th in the NFL for rushing yards at 386 and leads the NFL in RECEIVING yards with 360 yards.

Think about that for a second. I'm 1-2 yet, I've got a HB almost at 1k in terms of offensive output in THREE games. I'm just about ready to freaking scream.

The Pitfall level in Marvel: UA is a fun diversion. The sound effect for vine swinging is greatness.

Watching the trailer for Spider-Man 3 at the movies last night, I had an odd lapse where the Spider-Man font reminded me of the PS3 instead of vice-versa. Damn you, Sony!

When hooking up a PS2 to an LCD HDTV, is there any way to improve aliasing? I've got component cables going, but for certain textures (mostly just some transparencies here and there like the fog machines in Guitar Hero II) it displays as something I can only describe as a "mesh screen." I've looked around the net and couldn't find an answer and figured someone here might know.

Try asking these guys:

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/hdtvforum/index.php?act=home

I'm with Lushus on that one. Tanooki suit>all.

That's not Tanooki Mario, that's Raccoon Mario. Difference. :P

Tanooki Mario is the one in a fursuit (OMG! Mario is a furry!!).

Artist's Rendition:

MarioTanookiSuitcartoon.jpg

Also, I agree--Raccoon Mario was so awesome, and it sucked he wasn't in NSMB.

As for "> all," are we forgetting Kuribo's Shoe?

Why don't you up the difficulty? I mean, if you can bust out those kinds of stats with garbage players, it's probably time to muck around with the sliders (CPU tackling at max, maybe?).

^_^;; Well, I moved up to All-Pro (I suck, I know) and frankly I really, really as of right now do NOT wanna screw my running game up for the following reasons:

1) I've been struggling with the passing game since moving up. Not early on, but right now I can't get a rhythm going and have accomplished an amazing 180-240 for the last 5 games. One game I had less than 100 yards, I think.

2) I've thrown nearly as many TDs as I have INTs. I'm a lifetime 2:1 ratio in that regards, otherwise.

3) My team's total efficiency has me ranked around the mid 20s in nearly all statistics.

4) My team leads the league in most points scored (mostly via the run) and currently 3rd in most points allowed (and that's only because I gave up only an amazing 3 to Chicago, otherwise I lead the league). Now think about that when I add to this fact my defense is the number one ranked for stopping the running game and not over 1000 yards yet for the run in 12 games.

5) My seven game winning streak was snapped by the 4-8 Cardinals (35-31 loss), dropping my record to 8-3. A team lead by Kurt Warner, and Edge nearly had 100 yards rushing.

6) Ricky Jacobs just needs a breeze to hit him and he's down like a rock.

7) Ricky also has the most attempts with 300+ in 12 games. Sure, 1500 yards, but its like a 4.7 average (which is scaled up thanks to Chicago providing me with huge holes). Usually starts off with a good 2.1 average at the start of the game before I keep hammering the defense.

8) I run on most absurd times as well: 1st and 15, 2nd and 23, 3rd and 7 and for the most part get all the yards (thanks to Ricky's 99s in speed, agility, and acceleration)

9) Ricky's receiving yards dropped like a rock after he hit the leader board for NFL lead. Sure, he's about 700 or so, but he doesn't get wide open anymore like in the beginning. :(

10) I wanna make the playoffs and at least have the hope that I'll win a playoff game or two. Of course I'll drop the very first game, because the above can only last for so long before it breaks for good.

I'm with Lushus on that one. Tanooki suit>all.

As for "> all," are we forgetting Kuribo's Shoe?

was that the big green wind up shoe? yeah that was pretty kick ass!

SMB3 was such an awesome game...so was SML, of course.

Super Mario Land was pretty damn good for its time, actually. Consider that it was a launch title for the Game Boy and that there was virtually no other handheld platformer that held a candle to it until the sequel came out.

Plus, it was the only Mario game designed by Metroid Guy. I hear he was killed in a mob hit. Anya, take it away!

Super Mario Land was pretty damn good for its time, actually. Consider that it was a launch title for the Game Boy and that there was virtually no other handheld platformer that held a candle to it until the sequel came out.

Plus, it was the only Mario game designed by Metroid Guy. I hear he was killed in a mob hit. Anya, take it away!

Wrong. He also worked on the VASTLY superior Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Dr. Mario and Mario Tennis GB (if that counts), and the first Wario Land aka Super Mario Land 3 (sketchy...but...).

SML was a good game, but I think it was totally WAY too retro. It was in the mold of the original Super Mario Bros.

Oops, thanks for the correction. Super Mario Land was the first game he worked on, but I forgot he played a role in the sequel and Wario Land as well.

As for Super Mario Land, it may have been a bit of a warp back to the original Super Mario Bros, but I thought it had enough elements to distinguish itself (the shoot 'em up sections, for example). Though the sequel was definitely a superior game, the original was basically the only decent platformer on the handheld for a long time and, though it wasn't Tetris, it still had a hand in moving Game Boys like crazy as a launch title.

My opinion of SML is skewed because I only played it years after its release, on a GBA. However, unlike a number of great GB titles (all the Warios, 6 Golden Coins, Link's Awakening, etc.) it doesn't hold up well, IMO. Leagues better than CV Adventure, too.

Well, Castlevania Adventure was a laugher at the time it was launched, so that's kind of a backhanded compliment.

I was lucky enough to have the Game Boy when it first hit the market and I played Tetris, Nemesis, and Super Mario Land religiously back in those days. As I said, Super Mario Land 2 was definitely a superior game (IMO, probably one of the greatest handheld games of all time), but I still always felt the original Super Mario Land was still one of the better games out there, even if it seemed a little bit "off" from the series' M.O. to that point. You can do far worse than rip off one of the most successful console games of all time (the original SMB) and, like I said, I felt there was just enough interesting additions that it made the game one of the better Game Boy titles.

Not a five-star game by any means (and I can certainly see how it may not hold up well now, especially if you played SMB2 first), but still a pretty good game for its time.

Well, I've seen many people defend CV Adventure on technical limitations. Belmont's Revenge is very good, though.

Castlevania Legends is terrible, though. It's like CV Adventure, but without as good an excuse (Released 1997!!! And it's like the same engine as Adventure!).

Anyone else got Rainbow Six: Vegas? I've been trying to get co-op story mode or even co-op terrorist hunt to work with 3 players and I'm not sure if I'm just retarded or you can't have an odd number of players for some reason.

So I found tons of PS1 emulators, but no ROMs. I want to play FFVII finally, and an actual copy of the game is far too expensive. I have one of those Radioshack adapters so I can use my PS1 controllers on PC...

But yeah. ROMs?