TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I don't see a thread for Mass Effect around here, so I was just wondering if anybody else has played it and finished it yet. My guy and I held out and got the PC version, even though it came out much later. Last month we (okay, he...) put together this really new insane gaming computer with a quad-core and 2 video cards, and so the game looks and sounds absolutely amazing. I gotta say its probably the best game I've played all year.

I know the "save the universe from evil aliens" kind of story is old and cliche', but I can't help it... I thought it was just awesomely fun.

How long are the elevator rides for you?

Hahaha. Now ALL of Tecmo's employees are suing the company:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/17/te...g-obliteration/

There's also the matter of Tecmo not reporting Itagaki's resignation to shareholders, which under Japanese law they were supposed to do a day or so after they knew of it. So, employees, gamers, shareholders--everyone hates Tecmo!

Too bad, I was looking forward to the Wii Fatal Frame game. :(

I don't see a thread for Mass Effect around here, so I was just wondering if anybody else has played it and finished it yet. My guy and I held out and got the PC version, even though it came out much later. Last month we (okay, he...) put together this really new insane gaming computer with a quad-core and 2 video cards, and so the game looks and sounds absolutely amazing. I gotta say its probably the best game I've played all year.

I know the "save the universe from evil aliens" kind of story is old and cliche', but I can't help it... I thought it was just awesomely fun.

There was a thread, but I don't think there's been any activity in it for a few weeks. The only thing I'll warn you about the PC version is to be careful with your installs, because you only get 3 installations with the current Securom protection. Period; uninstall doesn't matter, and hardware reconfigurations can cause problems too.

As to the game itself, I played it for 360 and loved it. As soon as I get it back from the friend I lent it to, I'll give it another playthrough as a different class.

How long are the elevator rides for you?

Umm... not very, why?

Guest Smues

I've seen many people mention the store Gamecrazy, but until yesterday I had never seen one in my life. So I decided to go in and check it out. Looked like a decent game store that also rents game, but I wouldn't know because I left pretty quick. Why? Because when I entered the employee in there asked how I was and if I was looking for anything specific yadda yadda. No problem there. I said just browsing, then he preceeded to stand right behind me and jingle his keys over and over while watching me browse. So I said fuck this and left. Oh and the first stuff I started looking at happened to be PS2 games, so he asked "Which system do you have? PS2?" LEAVE ME ALONE I SAID I WAS JUST BROWSING. Not a great first experience with that store to say the least. But the jiggling the keys thing was what really pissed me off. Go stock games or play the demo console or something, leave me the fuck alone.

I've seen many people mention the store Gamecrazy, but until yesterday I had never seen one in my life. So I decided to go in and check it out. Looked like a decent game store that also rents game, but I wouldn't know because I left pretty quick. Why? Because when I entered the employee in there asked how I was and if I was looking for anything specific yadda yadda. No problem there. I said just browsing, then he preceeded to stand right behind me and jingle his keys over and over while watching me browse. So I said fuck this and left. Oh and the first stuff I started looking at happened to be PS2 games, so he asked "Which system do you have? PS2?" LEAVE ME ALONE I SAID I WAS JUST BROWSING. Not a great first experience with that store to say the least. But the jiggling the keys thing was what really pissed me off. Go stock games or play the demo console or something, leave me the fuck alone.

Gamecrazy probably operates under the same bullshit high-pressure sales/reservation system as the Gamestops in this area. Then again, the guy may have just been bored, and trying to start a little small talk. I know at most stores, if you even humor the thought of touching the demo kiosk's while you're on the clock, you're in for a world of trouble from your manager. When I was ASM of a local Gamestop, I honestly didn't give a shit and actually encouraged the employee's to interact with the kiosk's while on the clock. Afterall, how can you "talk up" a game with a customer if you know nothing about it? Just don't go overboard and forget you occasionally need to ring someone up, or do a little actual work while you're there.

The only run-in I've really ever had with a pushy employee like the kind you describe is at a local junk/toy shop several years ago. My friend and I were looking around, and what I assume was the shop ower stood behind us, almost literally breathing down our necks the entire time we were there. My friend who is usually mild mannered turned around and asked him "Dude, what the fuck is your problem?". The guy "dickishly" responded with, "I am here to offer assistance to those that need it. If you don't like it, you can leave and never come back". I then responded with "We will gladly never come back", and we left.

I don't know why some people think they need to be that way. Maybe he was worried we were going to steal or something.

When Funcoland used to exist, I remember the employees playing games constantly. One guy was showing off fataliti... Vendettas in Eternal Champions CD while some kids were watching. They said it looked cool and he informed them they could not buy the game.

When Funcoland used to exist, I remember the employees playing games constantly. One guy was showing off fataliti... Vendettas in Eternal Champions CD while some kids were watching. They said it looked cool and he informed them they could not buy the game.

HAHA, what a dick! :headbang:

So I'm totally bored at the moment, my 360 is broken and currently waiting to be picked up for repair. What PC games are worth checking out to hold me over till then (lets say a month or so). I mean, if your 360 is going to break, it may as well break now when there's no decent 360 games due out for a while.

Well, if you have a beastly computer with enough ram and processor power to run the United States Nuclear Defense program, you could always give Crysis a spin. Its a decent shooter with some amazing visuals. It just consumes massive amounts of your computer's resources.

BioShock is worth a spin if you haven't already played it on the 360.

There's also the Orange Box.

Well, if you have a beastly computer with enough ram and processor power to run the United States Nuclear Defense program, you could always give Crysis a spin. Its a decent shooter with some amazing visuals. It just consumes massive amounts of your computer's resources.

BioShock is worth a spin if you haven't already played it on the 360.

There's also the Orange Box.

Ah both good games, already played them. Thanks though!

I'm so downloading that.

You can only download it if you buy Commando 3: Wolf of the Battlefield. Not that I'm interested in that or another SF rehash.

Yeah I just realized that. I wouldn't buy a game to try a broken (beta) game. I have 4 different versions of SFA3, rehashes are no problem for me.

Gamecrazy probably operates under the same bullshit high-pressure sales/reservation system as the Gamestops in this area.

They do. I never really understood why they felt the need to start trying to pressure people into reserving games just to make a few extra bucks.

Why the hate for SF2 all of a sudden? I have to say I am enjoying the beta so far, with Ryu and Ken's new options making them more fun to play, plus executing moves is far easier.

I found a Sega Genesis and Madden 93 in the trunk of a car today. No AV or Power cables but it had both of the original controlers in mint condition.

That's a pretty cool find. I found one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Multi-Mega at a garage sale for 5 bucks a few years ago. Didn't have cables or controllers, but eBay makes those problems easy enough to fix.

Mega Man 9 is coming out for XBLA/PSN/WiiWare. The world just became a better place.

Already in the Wii topic. But I was unaware it was on Live and the Network.

That's a pretty cool find. I found one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Multi-Mega at a garage sale for 5 bucks a few years ago. Didn't have cables or controllers, but eBay makes those problems easy enough to fix.

I never knew they made those.

It came about about two years after the Sega CD remodel (the one that fit on the side of the Genesis), and it was so expensive at the time that it pretty much flew under the radar. I'd pretty much forgotten all about it until I stumbled upon it at that garage sale. The old man was selling off stuff he found in his recently deceased son's closets. He had one of those, a model 1 Genesis with the Sega Master System adaptor and a few game carts.

Guest Smues

I remember the Neptune, I read about it in Gamepro and probably some other magazines way back when. I remember thinking at the time it was a complete waste of Sega's time/money as the 32X had tanked and no one needed a combo unit. I also wondered why they didn't just go all out and make a Genesis/32x/cd all in one combo.

Mega Man 9 is coming out for XBLA/PSN/WiiWare. The world just became a better place.

Already in the Wii topic. But I was unaware it was on Live and the Network.

Well...

It is currently slated "for WiiWare only", with earlier reports of XBLA and PSN versions being confirmed as false, according to Capcom

Boo-urns.

Guest Smues

Chrono Trigger DS tease

Oh fuck let this happen. I would think this means it's coming for sure, but just for Japan. The big question is do we get it, or will I be owning my 2nd version of Chrono Trigger in Japanese? (Got the Japanese one for PS1 not knowing that they'd eventually port it to the US.)