TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

With my comment to Marvin's gulag musing about his NES games, I present to you my 'obscenely fun NES games that no one in the world but I played.'

Toobin, Galaxy 5000, Kid Niki.

Bad News Baseball kicked ass, by the way.

I think Galaxy 5000 was a game that was a sidescrolling spaceship game. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Guest Smues

100% agree. I spent most of a summer trying to beat that thing, with a shitty wireless controller that barely worked, no less. Wireless controller technology wasn't perfected until the wavebird controller for Gamecube, so imagine how GOD AWFUL it would have been way back on the NES. No, I don't know why I continued to use it. I think I just liked the novelty of a wireless controller. But yeah Bad News Baseball rocked, and eventually I kicked its ass.

I think Galaxy 5000 was a game that was a sidescrolling spaceship game. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

You got it. Racing, but with spaceships. Each planet became tougher.

100% agree. I spent most of a summer trying to beat that thing, with a shitty wireless controller that barely worked, no less. Wireless controller technology wasn't perfected until the wavebird controller for Gamecube, so imagine how GOD AWFUL it would have been way back on the NES. No, I don't know why I continued to use it. I think I just liked the novelty of a wireless controller. But yeah Bad News Baseball rocked, and eventually I kicked its ass.

What team were you? I was always L.A. Always swapped Rocky for Caesar.

Guest Smues

Atlanta. I don't remember much about what players I used, except I think I tried to use Andy a lot because he had double digit homeruns!

Atlanta. I don't remember much about what players I used, except I think I tried to use Andy a lot because he had double digit homeruns!

Couldn't name a single player other than those two. Damned if I know why.

Toronto was the best in Bad News Baseball. The top three of the order were fast and can easily cash in runs by just hitting doubles the majority of the game. Stealing was a sinch.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/...08033218203.jpg

I like it!

On the side, where can someone in the UK find a good website to import games from the US?

The N64 next to the 360 is a nice touch.

Its all covered in dust and stuff though :( N64 is still my all time favorite console ever for pure fun factor.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/...08033218203.jpg

I like it!

On the side, where can someone in the UK find a good website to import games from the US?

The N64 next to the 360 is a nice touch.

Its all covered in dust and stuff though :(

Just like mine. I just found it when I was cleaning the basement. I'm tempted to make an N64-to-USB connector so I can stop playing N64 games with a knockoff PS2 controller.

Being very bored at work, due to the computer systems being down for 5 days (I won't mention the company to save face) I've spent the last 5 days watching computer storyline movies on youtube - mainly Resident Evil :D

I got invited to a Street Fighter event on the 18th in LA. Will tell you how SF4 and SF HD are coming along.

Here's a new trailer for The Force Unleashed. I went out and put down a preorder for it today. I think that's just a coincidence, but I could be wrong.

Also put down 5 for Too Human. Sure it's been in development hell and sure it's looked kind of rough graphically speaking in the videos so far, but I'm convinced it will be good dammit!

Being very bored at work, due to the computer systems being down for 5 days (I won't mention the company to save face) I've spent the last 5 days watching computer storyline movies on youtube - mainly Resident Evil :D

Link plz.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

If you click on part one of the game, you can find the others from there. Sadly the systems have returned at work and there's like a billion customers needing sim replacements/transfers and shit so I won't be watching these any time soon.

So I notice that IGN has cut their fee for a year of Insider to $14.95 in honor of E3. Is it worth signing up for?

While playing NHL 2K8 online over the last day or so, I've encountered two people who have brought in "guests" under their profile and thus I wound up in a 2 on 1 handicap game, if you will.

I never knew this sort of thing was possible or even allowed on sports games on XBL.

You work for IBM, don't you....

While playing NHL 2K8 online over the last day or so, I've encountered two people who have brought in "guests" under their profile and thus I wound up in a 2 on 1 handicap game, if you will.

I never knew this sort of thing was possible or even allowed on sports games on XBL.

Yeah it happens. I usually hope their incompetent and I can skate around them. I almost beat a pair of players but lost 3-2.

Yeah it happens. I usually hope their incompetent and I can skate around them. I almost beat a pair of players but lost 3-2.

I just beat a pair 4-3 and took 30 less shots than they did, because they just had to send me a message about it afterwards too.

I shot 30 less on goal than they did, and even led by 2 at one point.

If you want to play sometime, hit me up. I run with the San Jose Sharks.

Playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Lego Indiana Jones made me think about something...

Lego Batman is coming soon...and I was pondering an idea I had that I wanted to get opinions of the people here on:

For a super-hidden-secret character (like how Indy was in LSW: TCS and Han was in LIJ)...maybe Superman could be a character?

Him being well hidden as his powers would be above those of the other characters in the game.