TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues

For some reason I've seen a couple commercials for Mario Kart DS lately. The game is two years old, so I'm kind of confused.

For some reason I've seen a couple commercials for Mario Kart DS lately. The game is two years old, so I'm kind of confused.

Probably because it still sells well, and Christmas is coming up soon enough?

Probably because it still sells well, and Christmas is coming up soon enough?

I saw several commercials for this game tonight too. The one thing that gripes me about most Nintendo commercials is the really bad overacting. Not to mention the people looking like they just stepped out of a Sears catalog. Party games like this tend to sell by the truckload though, so you can't blame them for trying.

has anyone played that new rock revolution game...i picked it up last week...definitely want to see how the game feels with their advanced drum kit, but im glad a game decided to focus on the drumming parts a little more...no one wants to hear me sing terribly

I'm making my way through Lost Odyssey right now. I'd put this game's story among the best I've ever seen in a RPG; it isn't a typical Square "us vs. the world" fare and it is unfolding itself very smoothly; I'm on Disc 2 right now (just wrapped up the Old Sorceress' Mansion) and I still don't really know where everything is going to lead, which is a good thing IMO. Also, the voice acting is superb; all the characters have...well....character.

has anyone played that new rock revolution game...i picked it up last week...definitely want to see how the game feels with their advanced drum kit, but im glad a game decided to focus on the drumming parts a little more...no one wants to hear me sing terribly

I might rent it. Not before GHWT, though. This "Chop Suey" cover kinda puts me on edge, though. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqhMYiBqr6E

I'm making my way through Lost Odyssey right now. I'd put this game's story among the best I've ever seen in a RPG; it isn't a typical Square "us vs. the world" fare and it is unfolding itself very smoothly; I'm on Disc 2 right now (just wrapped up the Old Sorceress' Mansion) and I still don't really know where everything is going to lead, which is a good thing IMO. Also, the voice acting is superb; all the characters have...well....character.

The only thing that's really stopped me from picking it up is the long load times after a random battle, while you're waiting to return ot the "overworld screen".

The only thing that's really stopped me from picking it up is the long load times after a random battle, while you're waiting to return ot the "overworld screen".

That was what tipped me over into buying Infinite Undiscovery instead of Odyssey. It's a small thing, but it was enough.

Now I've just got to go back and beat IU. Now that I've finished off Saint's Row 2, GoW2 and Fallout 3 I've got some time.

That was what tipped me over into buying Infinite Undiscovery instead of Odyssey. It's a small thing, but it was enough.

Now I've just got to go back and beat IU. Now that I've finished off Saint's Row 2, GoW2 and Fallout 3 I've got some time.

I had been playing the holy hell out of Blue Dragon. Then I got Dead Space, and played it to death, thus putting Blue Dragon on the back-burner. Then, before I could get back to Blue Dragon, I picked up Smackdown 2009, and that's been my obsession for about a week now.

What's everyone's thoughts on Blue Dragon, anyway? I love the combat system, and the music (Nobuo Uematsu-composed) is excellent. You have to love the power-metal style boss theme.

Blue Dragon could have been better, I got bored of it after the 1st disk. It just seemed like they were dragging it out with meaningless content to say 'HEY LOOK - 4 DISKS!'.

Guest Smues

I think Chrono Trigger DS came out today but I couldn't find it in town so I guess we're not getting it until tomorrow. Lame.

Guest Smues

That's right. It's been too damn long as it is, what with how many billion portable releases of all the Final Fantasy games they've done whilst ignoring CT. Best Buy is supposed to have it in stock by 2pm today, so by 2pm it shall be mine!

To follow on from my outburst in the 360 thread regarding internet fads -

This topic: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic...f=4&t=18283

The first few posts contain some of the most annoying internet fads ever.

TLDR and Needs paragraphs, when the fucking post already has paragraphs. Seriously, is the internet full of lazy thick retards now who want to appear cool so just spout internet fad clichés whenever possible? FUCK! When did the internet become so shit, I've only noticed it the last 2 years or so. Where are these shit fads coming from? Who creates them? I remember when I thought the Chuck Norris one was kind of funny, but all too soon people ran it into the ground.

Its a bit strange that the one place in the whole of the internet that seems void of constant shit fads is TSM. Who would have thought that, huh?

To follow on from my outburst in the 360 thread regarding internet fads -

This topic: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic...f=4&t=18283

The first few posts contain some of the most annoying internet fads ever.

TLDR and Needs paragraphs, when the fucking post already has paragraphs. Seriously, is the internet full of lazy thick retards now who want to appear cool so just spout internet fad clichés whenever possible? FUCK! When did the internet become so shit, I've only noticed it the last 2 years or so. Where are these shit fads coming from? Who creates them? I remember when I thought the Chuck Norris one was kind of funny, but all too soon people ran it into the ground.

Its a bit strange that the one place in the whole of the internet that seems void of constant shit fads is TSM. Who would have thought that, huh?

tl;dr.

I have a pal who always tells me about how Crono Trigger just isn't very good in the grand scheme of things so I'm not that interested.

I owned Final Fantasy Chronicles, but never played Chrono Trigger. I also owned the Super Ninteno version, mint in box, but sold it for a massive profit before playing it. In closing, I've never played it. :blink:

Back in 2001, when Switchhouse.com or whatever it was called was still up, a friend of mine traded his copy of Quest 64 for Chrono Trigger (cartridge only) and the Official Strategy Guide. He still to this day calls that the greatest deal he's ever made.