TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

ECW One Night Stand

why surprised? I mean the wwe involvement alone turned off alot of people. plus the dvd coming out 2 weeks later made a lot of people like myself wait for it.

They should be happy it wasnt a total flop, it coupled with the dvd sales will make some sort of money right?

Besides ECW is dead and gone and this was the last hurrah for the fans and wrestlers.

800,000 my ass. I hope it's now confirmed to everyone you can't take estimates within 24 hours seriously.

Well, it was a good reunion show. I think it would be intresting to see them do a couple more shows down the line, maybe even a ECW tour of sorts, but definately since it didn't hit at least 500,000, I doubt ECW will take over at all anytime of brand (specifically SD) in the future.

Thia number is both good and bad.

The number is low but they probably didn't spend as much as they would have on Bad Blood, The PPV was a breath of fresh air and hopefully the DVD will be a best seller.

270,000 range... that sucks.

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/documen...Drivers_021.pdf

The buyrate has been confirmed to be in the 270,000 range, which is lower than last year's Bad Blood, and much, much lower than the original 800,000 estimate. I wouldn't look for the ECW brand to be revived after this...

I can't see why not. That's still a pretty good number. I mean, it did better than Judgment Day and a lot of other WWE PPVs this year and last year. If it has more buys than Vengeance too and it probably will, then a dead company which used to get .7 ratings weekly while it was alive brought back with no card, no storylines, and very little hype made Vince more money than either Raw and Smackdown PPV.

Meltzer said 300,000 would be a major success.

Another thing, if you look at the chart right below that, you can see it's just an initial estimate. It always turns out to be more. For example, last year's Bad Blood initial estimate was lower than ONS. In fact just compare the circles on the second PPV chart. 275,000 doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

The buyrate has been confirmed to be in the 270,000 range, which is lower than last year's Bad Blood, and much, much lower than the original 800,000 estimate. I wouldn't look for the ECW brand to be revived after this...

That's almost exactly how the guy who's name is apparently not supposed to be mentioned on this board reacted.

The WWE Crusaders' involvement wasn't necessary, anyway. Now RVD definitely has even more reason to be pissed about that.

Stone Cold's involvement was pointless, too. Yeah, he was in ECW at one point, but the Stone Cold character is WWE alumni, and Austin's been played-out and overexposed for so long.

It's too bad TNA wouldn't let Raven show up at ONS, since he was a major ECW star during the mid-90's.

Benoit and Eddie should have had different opponents, since they never had a series of matches against each other in ECW, and Eddie doesn't seem to be on good terms with Benoit anymore to the point of giving him a bad match.

Aside from all of that, I still liked ONS, but there were so many things on the PPV that probably led to the underwhelming buyrate.

Um, there is no buyrate for One Night Stand in those numbers. That's the Backlash buyrate that is 270,000. There's no numbers listed for May, let alone June (when ONS happened).

And considering if you look at the legend where they plot out the buyrates, the estimates are as of April 30th. It'd be pretty hard to estimate a One Night Stand buyrate on April 30th.

Please read the PDFs before you agree with anyone who posts this kind of crap.

Guest Ransome

Um, there is no buyrate for One Night Stand in those numbers. That's the Backlash buyrate that is 270,000. There's no numbers listed for May, let alone June (when ONS happened).

And considering if you look at the legend where they plot out the buyrates, the estimates are as of April 30th. It'd be pretty hard to estimate a One Night Stand buyrate on April 30th.

Please read the PDFs before you agree with anyone who posts this kind of crap.

I admit that the chart is a little hard to read, but as I understand it, ECW One Night Stand occurs in Fiscal Year '06 under the name Bad Blood (ie, the blue dot). In which case, the 270,000 estimate *is* correct, based on this chart. Of course, they have admitted that the number is based only on initial estimates and generally the buyrates go up.

I don't think people here would be so disappointed unless the (apparently) bogus 800,000 number had been propagated. Perhaps it signifies that ONS will not bring about widespread changes to the industry, but that doesn't change the fact that ONS was an aesthetic success and a supremely entertaining nostalgia trip. ECW may not cater to the mainstream, but I still feel WWE should be praised for throwing ECW's small (yet vocal) fanbase a 'bone'.

Let the bitching commence on how WWE's involvement on the ECW PPV caused this HUGE show to get below 300,000 buys.

Really, who truly expected a brand that never got great PPV buys to all of a sudden get WrestleMania-like numbers? Nostalgia alone can't be a helping factor. Of course it was gonna bring more buys than ever before, but now that it didn't do 500,000 or whatever number some idiot let out you can't seriously put the blame on Steve Austin appearing or JBL doing a promo on the show. If anything, all the promotion on RAW and SD! helped get more awareness on the show. At least that's my take.

Lol, it's funny, everyone's saying the Crusader involvement is what caused a lower buyrate...but the only thing that anyone's really been talking about involving the PPV was the WWE involvement. What else? That, and for a short while people talked about the Awesome/Tanaka match..and that's about it.

Seems like the WWE involvement was/is the most talked about thing, and is the reason other people are watching/buying the PPV, or DVD. (And I don't mean in the bad way.)

That chart was really weird, you're telling me that the Backlash listing was actually the ECW listing? I dunno.

Has this actually been reported on another website? As in Meltzer, Scherer, etc.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

We'll probably never get the true figure anyways.

They stopped releasing the numbers for the Rise & Fall dvd after it got within 5,000 copies of #1 as they didn't want ppl to know their #1 selling dvd of all time is a dvd based on another company. :D

Guest Ronixis

*BUZZER*

Hold your horses.

Look at the chart again. The ones that are on the left- are the 2004 events. Bad Blood had Byrate of 270,000 back in 2004. Has anyone taken a Course in Accounting Before? Wow...

The last PPV they got info for is Backlash 2005. The next PPV is Judgment Day and then ONS which still hasnt not seen its buyrate numbers come in as Mrs McMahan has stated. They dont KNOW yet!

LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED!

Here's the chart.

Buyrates.jpg

See at the bottom..06 fiscal year. It's dark blue. See where the chart is dark blue. From April to June. And the Bad Blood 06, aka ONS is on the chart. It's there. And it's below last years.

Hey, it might not be right, but fact is, it is on the chart...

Where's Backlash's buyrate? Maybe no one bought it.

On the far right. It actually got a better buyrate than ONS.

By a hair, which should be a sign to certain people that the Wrestlemania buyrate was due to certain factors un-related to the brands.