TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

Guest Real F'n Show
How does one unlock the movesets? There isn;t an option in the locker room.

Win 10 matches with a created wrestler to unlock the Tough Enough trophy, which will unlock the majority of moves. For the rest, you need to buy or win the corresponding legends...

Can anyone tell me how to pull them/do moves off the cage?

woa! Freakishly awesome glitch.

Just won WMIX along with the Legend Cage, and decided to do a Hogan 80's vs Bret Hart cage match. For one, it just looks cool as hell. But I kept doing the german suplex from the top of the cage (which is a fucking great addition to the game...the cage moves) and I had Hogan do one to Bret, and now all of a sudden, they're outside the ring and the match is still going on!

And it's not like a glitch, where were walking through the crowd or anything like that, but it's still functioning like a normal match. And I don't know why, but it's just cool fighting all throughout the WMIX arena with the legends cage still on the ring.

Doubt there's any way the match'll end though..

....Nevermind. As soon as I typed that I just ran right into the ring. *shrug*

edit..again-

I found it happens when I do the German suplex off the cage in "slow motion". (Aka pause, and unpause >_>)

I had the same thing happen during a regular cage match with me as Edge v Benjamin. I thought it was part of the game and it would end in a double win, but then realized it was a glitch and ran back in the ring

Wow, in GM mode both me (SD) and the computer, got 5 star main events in the same week.

Mine = The Rock & Hollywood Hogan vs Bret Hart & Mankind

Theirs = Batista vs Triple H in an Ironman match for the WWE championship. Which Batista won.

Win 10 matches with a created wrestler to unlock the Tough Enough trophy, which will unlock the majority of moves. For the rest, you need to buy or win the corresponding legends...

Would that be ten matches in exhibition mode?

Guest Robot Bastard

After playing GM mode, I've come to the conclusion that it was conceived by a team of people who knew exactly what they were doing, then the project was handed over to a pack of monkeys to make. It's absolutely retarded from top to bottom.

The only way you can win is by pure luck. Picking a random card each week works just as well as sitting with a list like this:

Batista / Cena

Benoit / Angle

London / RVD

Eddie / JBL

Edge / Booker T

Shelton / Carlito

Orlando / Regal

It seems the match ratings are given at random. Of course Trish / Lita is ***, the same as a Batista / HHH Hell in a Cell. Forcing interactions every week is retarded too, as well as having to have a singles match for it to "notice" that there's a feud.

You don't get any reward for building a feud, keeping two people seperate until the PPV - you may as well throw them in gimmick match after gimmick match until they're too tired to wrestle, and then just give them promos until they recover.

Edge is complaining that he's not winning? Great, what do you want me to do, dick?

The other show's wrestlers never seem to get fatigued, either, regardless of what they get put through. And I love that if my show is ***1/2, and theirs is ***1/2, they get fans from me. Every time. If I beat them by a *, I only get like 10,000, but the other way round, they get like 225,000.

Retarded mode, could and should have been so much better.

Would that be ten matches in exhibition mode?

Yea. And 'rematches' work too. I just used 2 controllers, and using my AJ Styles CAW, won a match, hit rematch, won the match, rinse repeat, 10 times.

And to pull the moves off the cage, just win the person climbs the cage, grab them. There's like three different stages. A move for when they're standing on the ropes, and then, a different one for each time they move up a whole 'green meter'. And the German Suplex is when they're at the very top, about ready to climb over.

Edge is complaining that he's not winning? Great, what do you want me to do, dick?

How about...you know, making him win? (Play the match) Or just trade him, if he's that much of a hassle.

Guest Robot Bastard
How about...you know, making him win? (Play the match) Or just trade him, if he's that much of a hassle.

Because I shouldn't have to, because the game should know I don't have control over the matches (unless I have way too much time on my hands) and not give me that message.

Because I shouldn't have to, because the game should know I don't have control over the matches (unless I have way too much time on my hands) and not give me that message.

You do have control of the matches.

Way to much time on your hands? A match that doesn't take that long. And even if they did...you're telling me you bought (or rented) a game just to sim matches?

Guest Robot Bastard
You do have control of the matches.

Way to much time on your hands? A match that doesn't take that long. And even if they did...you're telling me you bought (or rented) a game just to sim matches?

Of course I didn't buy it to sim matches, that would be stupid. But GM mode wants you to basically repeat the same matches every week, and I'm not bothered about doing that over and over. Also, I want to focus on the booking, rather than playing. So I sim it. Are you telling me you play every single match in GM mode?

I agree with Robot Bastard. Think of it this way: If you were really the GM, would it be logical for Edge to actually complain to you that he can't win? It's his own fault that he sucks.

You can argue that you're supposed to play matches since it's a wrestling game, but this particular mode is supposed to focus on simulation.

Guest Robot Bastard
You can try and book people that are losing against lower card guys, too.

Good call. But then... if Edge is in a feud with someone else, he's either got to work two matches that night, or waste a promo slot on continuing the feud. Plus having someone sucky in the match (which Edge still isn't guaranteed to win) will give a crap rating, which you can't afford. Ever.

I agree with Robot Bastard. Think of it this way: If you were really the GM, would it be logical for Edge to actually complain to you that he can't win? It's his own fault that he sucks.

You can argue that you're supposed to play matches since it's a wrestling game, but this particular mode is supposed to focus on simulation.

Yea it is. Since technically this mode seems to be more of a mix between "Owner/GM" mode. Obviously the stuff like emails are 'behind the scenes'. And just like IRL behind the scenes, Edge might say to Vince, I'm tired of losing, it's logical that he'd say that on the game.

Also, I want to focus on the booking, rather than playing. So I sim it. Are you telling me you play every single match in GM mode?

And no, I don't. But if I have a superstar that's lost 9 matches in a row, and is complaining, I might put him in a match for championship (whether they win or lose that makes them happier) or play his match making him win, to get his morale up a little more. It's not like you have to play every match on the card, or his match every week.

Guest Rrrsh

Couple of questions after playing the game for a while

A: Whats teh point of buying posters and figuers and stuff from the wweshopzone. Like, where does it appear and stuf. How is it used?

B: Who has played a Legend in teh SEason MOde and is it realy unique and diffrent from doing it with a current star?

C: Can you pick up and use anything else other than a beer bottle and a pool stick in the Bar Room Brawl?

D: Is there just one room for the Backstage Brawl?

Go to your locker room, and press start. You can customize it. Put up posters, and wall items and such.

From what I hear, it's basically the same. I think Austin is a person who gets the ECW storyline. (?)

Just one backstage brawl room I'm pretty sure.

Question, does anyone know the name of Ken Kennedy's finisher? (In the game) I figured it was just Samoan Drop, whatever number, but even if it is, I'm not sure which section it's under. (Plus I looked under all of them and didn't see it)

I know I saw it when I was making another CAW but I can't remember the name now

Yeah, I agree that GM Mode is a bit wonky with the ratings, but I think it's a fun tool to create your own fed with and compete against a friend. It gives you a little backstory to have some match with your friends rather than just the same old exhibition matches.

Match ratings are based on the popularity, and the match type, and how good the rivalry is, if the match contains a feud.

I have had shows with four ***** and two ****1/2 matches. This was after playing for like two years, by then I had 12 wrestlers in the 90's popularity-wise, and then it's ratings city baby.

PPVs are where the real fan momentum shifts happen. I won 875,000 fans from Raw after a No Way Out with the above star ratings.

The key is match wrestlers with similar popularity together in feuds. The longer the feuds go on, the better the matches they have, and the more their popularity goes up...

Good call. But then... if Edge is in a feud with someone else, he's either got to work two matches that night, or waste a promo slot on continuing the feud. Plus having someone sucky in the match (which Edge still isn't guaranteed to win) will give a crap rating, which you can't afford. Ever.

Triple threat with the two in the feud and the guy you want to put over...

Guest Robot Bastard

There's even less chance of him winning that.

There's even less chance of him winning that.

Not if you play it. >_>

The key is match wrestlers with similar popularity together in feuds. The longer the feuds go on, the better the matches they have, and the more their popularity goes up...

I stuck Regal against JBL and Regal stunk up the feud to the point that JBL's popularity went down by about 10. Damn you, Willy, I trusted you.

I'm playing as SmackDown on GM Mode and beating my friend by a wide range. We're in June now.

I hired Bret Hart, British Bulldog and Steve Austin and of course they all lose their first matches (to Chris Benoit, William Regal and Ric Flair respectably).

Who amongst you is like me and skips just about every single match? I prefer playing matches in season mode or exhibition. GM isn't the place.

Who amongst you is like me and skips just about every single match? I prefer playing matches in season mode or exhibition. GM isn't the place.

I think most do. I know I do. I usually only play if it's you know, a person who's been on the bad end of the stick and has been losing a lot, and he needs a win. Or if I want to raise the rating by having a title match, but I don't actually want the title to change hands, then I'll play as the champion. (or vice versa)

Guest Robot Bastard
Not if you play it. >_>

But if I'm playing it (which we've already established that I don't want to do) then there's no need for it to be triple threat in the first place. Any comment on the rest of my criticizms?

Guest Real F'n Show
Question, does anyone know the name of Ken Kennedy's finisher? (In the game) I figured it was just Samoan Drop, whatever number, but even if it is, I'm not sure which section it's under. (Plus I looked under all of them and didn't see it)

I know I saw it when I was making another CAW but I can't remember the name now

It's called the Steam Roller, although it's just a standing version, rather than his second rope one in real life.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

Regarding the Veteran Trophy, must I play every match AND all variations of said match? For instance, is one Battle Royal enough, or must I play 4,5,6 man matches, then the same matches with top rope eliminations?