TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

The Bubble Vince lives in

JOTW must have used "they" three times in the same sentence without indicating that each "they" might be referring to someone different.

Why not make the Mexicools faces? They're getting pops, they already have an unbeatable Latino heel in Eddie, and the whole Pacific time zone has a large enough Mexican population that they could move some shirts. It would also make the stereotypes a little more tongue-in-cheek than negative.

See?

The first "they"= Mexicools

The Second "they"= the WWE

The 3rd "they"= probably the WWE again, but maybe the Mexicools.

Pronoun abuse is a crime, you know.

Edited by RobotJerk

I know that it's been mentioned before, but Vince Mchmahon really seems to live in his own little world, with no knowledge of race relations. While racial stereotypes have been in wrestling for God knows how long, it's only recently with things like The Mexicools and most recently, the "terrorist" incident on Smackdown involving Divari, Muhammed Hussan, trhe Undetacker, and five masked guys, that I've begun to worry about this kind of thing in wrestling.

What we are seeing right now are the worst in racial stereotyping, especially with the recent "terrorist" incident. This goes beyonf wrestling and playing with fans fears and prejudices, and I think, may very well be a look at Vince's view on Arab American relationships. Granted, the Hassan character didn't really offend me at first (it takes alot to offend me) but this time, I personally feel that they may be going a bit too far.

Its wrestling entertainment dude.....chill

I know that it's been mentioned before, but Vince Mchmahon really seems to live in his own little world, with no knowledge of race relations. While racial stereotypes have been in wrestling for God knows how long, it's only recently with things like The Mexicools and most recently, the "terrorist" incident on Smackdown involving Divari, Muhammed Hussan, trhe Undetacker, and five masked guys, that I've begun to worry about this kind of thing in wrestling.

What we are seeing right now are the worst in racial stereotyping, especially with the recent "terrorist" incident. This goes beyonf wrestling and playing with fans fears and prejudices, and I think, may very well be a look at Vince's view on Arab American relationships. Granted, the Hassan character didn't really offend me at first (it takes alot to offend me) but this time, I personally feel that they may be going a bit too far.

Are you new to wrestling? Race baiting has been done in wrestling FOREVER. It's wrestling you're watching not Shakespeare. Get over it.

While wrestling is entertainment, people are still going to get uppity if their entertainment appears to think that the customer is stupid and take it for granted.

The real klutzer is that all these angles are aimed squarely at white people. Do you think blacks see Mexicans as lowlifes that mow their lawn? Do you think that Mexicans see blacks as ghetto scum without any intelligence? Do you think women of any nationality think their main purpose in life is to wear skimpy outfits and ask men if they can make babies?

Really?

What they could (and should do) to save this from the abysmal terrorist direction it's heading in is have Hassan unmask the terrorists next week, and show that none of them are actually middle-eastern at all.

Have two be blonde/blue guys, one a redheaded guy with all freckles and whatnot, one black and one Asian. Have Hassan say that these are 5 of his friends that he's grown up with, IN AMERICA. They all know that he's not a terrorist, but if the fans are too ignorant to discern between an honest Arab American and a terrorist, he was going to give them what they wanted.

/still thinks that Hassan should call the fans out on the stupid "USA" chants, considering he's FROM AMERICA

What they could (and should do) to save this from the abysmal terrorist direction it's heading in is have Hassan unmask the terrorists next week, and show that none of them are actually middle-eastern at all. 

Have two be blonde/blue guys, one a redheaded guy with all freckles and whatnot, one black and one Asian.  Have Hassan say that these are 5 of his friends that he's grown up with, IN AMERICA.  They all know that he's not a terrorist, but if the fans are too ignorant to discern between an honest Arab American and a terrorist, he was going to give them what they wanted.

/still thinks that Hassan should call the fans out on the stupid "USA" chants, considering he's FROM AMERICA

Awesome idea.

Good idea, but I like the idea of something-like a stable forming around Hassan.

It's more disappointment than flat out offensive now. Kind of goes back to the old story of the snake being nursed back to health, only to bite the person helping them and the person wondering why, well you knew it was a snake. We (hardcore fans) know this and shouldn't be surprised anymore. However, If you don't have to go there (meaning playing the race card for cheap heat) then don't go there. But they do it with glee. I find it funny how there was a thread started a couple of days ago about how come WWE's ad rates are half of what other TV shows are. Well, the Mexicools and anything to do with Hassan sure as hell aren't going to change that for the better. Just because it's not offensive to us (hardcore wrestling fans) doesn't mean advertisers and the public in general are going to "get it".

I completely agree......

And that's the reason he doesn't have what I like to call "respectable advertisers".....who can help make the product look professional and legit....

edit: nvm

You americans are such pussies....you get offended over everything yet you are the most liberal people on the planet...it makes no sense at all.

Hey, buddy...ever heard of a little place called FRANCE? Those fuckers get offended by some dumb shit.

hmmm... I wonder if Vince will pull the segment from the UK version after today's events.

Isn't Washington DC Hassan's announced hometown as well? Or am I making that up?

As for the terrorist/UK thing, I don't think Vince will have a say. Sky will take it out themselves if they feel like it. The entire Diva search 'cum-sucking gutterslut' segment disappeared without trace over here.

Hassan is billed as from Detroit.

I'm, just offended they're spending all this time & effort on a guy who's not worth it.

I'm surprised that they didn't use Dearborn, MI ... isn't the population of Dearborn like 50% Muslim?

a TRAIN Rando, not A-Train! Jesus!

*tuts*

Bloody ex-SWFers...

Well, I just saw the whole thing, and wow, I overreacted. I mean...that was it? That was just more idiotic than offensive.