TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

WWE begin the releases

Dawn Marie happens to quit while the WWE goes on a firing spree.  Quit being stupid.  They fired a pregnant woman; they have no class - nothing new.

I imagine they fired Spike because of the TV deal.

Maybe I'm missing something about the world of wrestling, then. Can they just fire these people for any or no reason? Or do they have to have legitimate reasons for firing, you know, like in the real world?

Guest JMA

Firing Morgan was a HUGE mistake by the WWE brain-trust. He would've been the perfect bodyguard for Christian.

Firing Morgan was a HUGE mistake by the WWE brain-trust. He would've been the perfect bodyguard for Christian.

I'm more or less suprised since he falls into Vince's huge/muscular/freak mold that he used to love to push no matter what. I mean, how did A-Train last as long as he did?

Dawn Marie happens to quit while the WWE goes on a firing spree.  Quit being stupid.  They fired a pregnant woman; they have no class - nothing new.

Maybe I'm missing something about the world of wrestling, then. Can they just fire these people for any or no reason? Or do they have to have legitimate reasons for firing, you know, like in the real world?

Since they're independent contractors (I think) they can be fired for no reason

They don't need a reason in the "real world". They are handling this the exact same way that any other business does. you need more money, you layoff. Its the way of the world.

I fear for Funaki. Though, really, if you said back in 1998 that Sho Funaki would last 7 years in the WWE, I would have said you were nuts.

Kenzo??? KENZO??? NOOOOOO!!!! FUCK YOU VINCE! YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR! He has more charisma in his eye brows than 99% of the roster have in their entire body!!

Damn, Suzuki added to the list. This one doesn't effect me as I can honestly say that I've never seen the guy in a match.

Guest JMA

If all these people are fired--and Heidenreich, Tomko, and Holly aren't--I'm going to be extremely pissed.

According to PWI:

Jannetty was signed with the hopes that they could run a Rockers reuinion on the House Shows over the summer. A series of legal troubles involving a domestic dispute and other problems put an end to that.

The Dudleyz were holding out for more money and WWE didn't bite. They'll probobly be back some day, because they are too hot a talent to keep free. They were kept off TV to prevent them from getting any leverage in negotiations. They are considering TNA and Japan as possibilities.

Dawn Marie's contract was bought out. WWE doesn't have much use for her in the role in which they normally use women, with her being pregnant.

Charlie Haas just wasn't over, and wasn't worth what they were paying him. There's been a running joke int he back that when you're music plays, and you come out, and the crowd just stares blankly at you, you're getting the Haas pop. Unless TNA makes him an offer, he's probobly going to get away from pro wrestling.

Jackie Gayda was just another pretty face in the crowd, and she was deemed unescessary.

Matt Morgan knew his time was up when Carlito was moved to RAW. Plus, with Brock coming back, they don't want any other big guys doing the F-5.

Bit Vito is coming in to team with Nunzio, so Nunzio is safe for now.

I don't know how to break this to you, but most jobs I have had in the "real world" have a "You can leave at anytime with no notice and we can fire you at any time with no notice" line in the employee handbook, unless you are salary.

That having been said, after the pile of feces that was 50% of Raw this week, the dickery with Matt Hardy and the destruction of the women's division as a going concern (I mean, come one, they put the aborning "Victoria - Red-Headed Spazz" program on hold for the freakin' Diva Search), this pile of releases of, in general, good men and women to have on the roster makes me really unenthusiastic about WWE.

Oh, and I just got an e-mail wanting me to pay $40 to go to a live event an hour and a half away from me. I think not...

Guest JMA
This is nuts. Richards, Venis and Sho-Fu are hangin' in there!

Richards has the bWo thing going on--then again, he did bust open JBL. Venis could always go to Smackdown and be JBL's new Chief of Staff (Chief Morley) if/when Jordan turns on his boss. Funaki could become the 7-11 type figure for the bWo.

What about Hiroku, or whatever her name is?

If she wasn't included with the Kenzo deal...I wouldn't mind her dropping the Geisha look, learning how to do some in-ring stuff...and when Trish comes back MAYBE the can add her to the Women's Divsion

But I'm guessing she's gone with Kenzo.

Is Mark Henry still under contract? When does that mistake end?

Henry's contract is set up so they can't release him. They made him do the stuff with Mae Young to try to get him to quit and they've been trying to embarass him out of wrestling for years but he's stuck around. He's got about another year left on the 10-year deal he signed in 1996.