TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Cereals that taste worse as you get older

So I just ate coco-puffs for the first time in like 8 years, and while eating, I was getting nauseous. It reminds me of Trix, and how they butchered it, but I don't think they changed coco-puffs. Any similar experiences with other cereals?

Fruity Pepples. At one time it was my favorite Cereal but now when I taste it, I can literally taste the sugar in it and it makes me sick. Cocoa Pebbless on the other hand...

Guest Brian

I haven't had golden grahams in a long time. I wonder how they've aged on my taste buds, since they used to be my favorite growing up. I'll have to try it.

I could never eat a fruit flavoured cereal, glad they never really took off here. I'll say this, chocolate weetos (dunno if the US has the same or equivalent) taste far nicer dry than with milk.

King Crunch or some shit like that. It had a guy with a crown on the box. Loved it as a kid, tried some a while back and almost threw up.

I dont like trix or lucky charms anymore. Coco puffs are still ok, but are a little too sugary as are most cereals. actually my fav cereal is Raisin Bran, though eating to much of it wil make you crap your brains out.

Hey I remember that King cereal!! I didnt even liek it back then lol

Golden Grahams I still like, as I do Cinamon Toast Crunch, but like I said, most cereals are too sweet to me, as an adult.

This makes me very sad. :(

King Vitamin my friends!

Aka., the ghetto cereal in the bag, not box.

Didn't you hate it when your parents bought the bag shit? and not name brand, then when you grew up and had actual bills the bag stuff didnt look so bad

Guest Agent of Oblivion

King Vitamin came in a box. It's also fuckin' terrible. Reminds me of cheese corn puffs with sugar instead of cheese.

Interesting sidenote..the process to make cheese puffs, or any other puffed corn product was originally invented as a more efficient way to feed livestock that never took off.

Fruity Pepples. At one time it was my favorite Cereal but now when I taste it, I can literally taste the sugar in it and it makes me sick. Cocoa Pebbless on the other hand...

I honestly believe they changed the recipe for FP... it was my favorite cereal from the age of five even up to about three years ago, but they changed something about it and now it tastes fucking nasty... they probably cut the sugar (in response to the sugar-scare and anti-carb-craze perhaps?) and changed up the formula. Fucking shame...

Coco Puffs and Cookie Crisp both changed for the worse. I think I remember Coco Puffs getting more Hershey's chocolate or something. Cookie Crisp also added more chocolate and got much worse. They're both eatable, but nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Now Fruit Loops. There's a fruit flavored cereal that's stayed just as good over the years.

Ohs indeed rule!

Havent had Fruity Pebbles in a while but I used to love them. They didn't taste any difefrent the last time I had them. But I did try a store brand version and they were pretty good.

Actually a few cereal now have a less sugar version out (with 1/3 less sugar) I tried the less sugar Fruit Loops and they were ok, but I missed their orginal sweetness.

MMMM fruit loops, and I have a box in the cupboard right now

MUST GET UP AND GRAB BOX!!

Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch is still good and I've found if you get the cereal with Splenda instead of being all sugar that it's a lot easier to take.

But I mostly eat like Shredded Wheat and Honey Bunches of Oats now as the "heathier" cereals now taste better...

Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch is still good and I've found if you get the cereal with Splenda instead of being all sugar that it's a lot easier to take.

But I mostly eat like Shredded Wheat and Honey Bunches of Oats now as the "heathier" cereals now taste better...

I never really loved Capn crunch in any forms, but I like crunch berries the best. Weird how as we get older we hate sugar more. Man Im really getting older NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm feeling like an old man at 22.

Cheat Commandos-Os

also, Lucky Charms. Not because of too much sugar, but because chewing the marshmallows hurts my teeth

Yea those marshmallows are to hard, thats why you have to let them soak in the milk for a few mins.

Guest Angora Jellyfish

They changed the recipe to cinnamon toast crunch. It's still good, but nothing near the experience it used to be.

And yeah, I notice that I'd far prefer a fresh fruit salad, or even a ripe mango to sugary cereal anymore. One more reason to commit suicide when I turn 30.