TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The return of Matt Hardy!!!

If WWE put that much effort into any one of the half dozen invasion angles of the last five years, the whole industry would be much different.

Very well done, but too bad it was used for a mid-card feud that may or may not draw money. Had that been Booker T from WCW in May 2001, who knows where wrestling would be.

Guest viewaskew142

Another thing to disprove the "shoot" theories some people have. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who noticed this, because I haven't seen it mentioned.

When Matt first got on the mic, he called Edge, "Adam", then called Lita....Lita. Why would he call her by her character's name, and not her real name?

Other than that, I agree with what others have said about how well the whole thing was pulled off. :cheers:

Everyone's talking about how WWE will probably f--- this up.

So my question is, what are your suggestions to not f---ing this up?

I mean, you have to draw people in to want to PAY to see the blowoff Hardy/Edge match. Do you keep Matt offscreen and play up the "this is real" side of it, how much should be acknowledged, how should Matt be brought back in officially, how much "insider" info should be used on TV for this? What shouldn't be brought up that'll fly over casual fans heads.

Oh and how much blood should flow in the match?

If you're building toward Summerslam, have Matt continue the guerrilla tactics. Get Edge riled up. Get Lita ultra scared. Don't have Matt officially come back until Eric gets so sick of the chaos that he brings Matt back as a punishment to Edge for getting him and his show involved in his personal life.

At some point, Ross should revive the work/shoot interview that worked so well with Foley and Goldust. This would bring the non-savvy fans up to speed with why everyone was doing the "You screwed Matt" chants. Maybe not give everything away. Just the fact that Matt and Lita were a couple, and Edge stole her away from him.

The first match should be Summerslam, but it obviously shouldn't end there. I don't know how you would keep it fresh, but the blowoff should be at WM somehow. Maybe have Edge injure Matt again at Survivor Series (lots of blood), and perhaps Lita will have some sympathy for Matt. Edge resents this sudden change of heart in Lita, and starts treating her like shit until Matt's better. Then at WM, Matt does the Savage/Elizabeth reunion like at WM VII, only have Matt Twist of Fate her in the middle of the ring.

Then move him to Smackdown!

Well, they're going to have to acknowledge what happened eventually. I'd say Edge and Lita continually taunt Matt about what happened like they have been doing, but still have Matt not "officially" back with WWE and unable to get at Edge (who he should keep calling "Adam"). I guess they could fudge up a story about Lita putting a restraining order on Matt or something to keep him away until Edge finally agrees to a match at SSlam or SurSer.

Guest heyimbro
Most users ever online was 257 on Jul 11 2005, 11:03 PM

Congratulations.

That download posted above is going to take an hour, so I think I'll just watch the replay -- at what time did Matt make an appearance? (EST)

The easiest way that they CAN fuck this up is by putting Kane or Snitsky anywhere NEAR this feud. No one wants to see them involved, just the three principal characters (Edge, Matt and Lita). No Edge and Snitsky vs. Matt and Kane on RAW, no Snitsky vs. Matt matches, NOTHING.

Maybe Matt should "buy" airtime to call out Edge, call him a pussy, challenge him to a fight anytime, hell even "at 3 o'clock in the morning behind Sharkey's bar in North Carolina, I don't give a damn"

I am so happy Matt is gonna be at the ROH show in Dayton, damn I better get tickets, they might sell out now.

The Michaels collapse was a little better than this (that fooled almost everyone), but this is a very, very close 2nd.

I'd put the Cactus Jack/Chainsaw Charlie Dumpster incident up there... only had me fooled because it too up damn near an hour! I thought the would have to be crazy to waste an hour of TV time.

Edit: How can anyone think this is real, especially when they teased it earlier in the night with the recap of the wedding gag? There was no reason to bring it up again.

The Michaels collapse was a little better than this (that fooled almost everyone), but this is a very, very close 2nd.

:huh:

Where were you in 1995?

In college losing my virginity.

What happened in 1995?

HBK was attacked outside a bar (legit). He probably sustained a concussion, or at least that's what they played up, because in a RAW match against Owen Hart, HBK got hit with an enzugiri and "blacked out". Everyone pretty much broke character for a while, as if he was really hurt. They even went black for about two minutes to extend the confusion.

All in all, it was a work. Very well done. Of course, the Internet was still in its infancy, so the availability of instant information was pretty scarce, which helped the illusion. This blurred the line between what was real and what was fake, and pretty much fooled the majority of fans who had even heard about the original attack. It was this that allowed things like the original nWo invasion in wCw, among other things.

Of course, ECW pretty much pioneered a lot of that stuff, but that's neither here nor there.

:huh:

Where were you in 1995?

In college losing my virginity.

What happened in 1995?

When I popped my cherry it lasted about 10 seconds...you pulled off a whole year. You were Ron Jeremy from the start...mucho impressed. :)

There was this thing where HBK got beat by a bunch of Marines outside a nightclub and was out for awhile. After coming back he had a match on Raw against Owen Hart. Decent match and the key spot was Owen hitting an enziguiri on Shawn. Late in the match Shawn just collapsed to the mat and the last fifteen minutes of Raw was him being attended to by medics.

Owen milked it for months and HBK came back as an inspirational hero and won the title at Mania 12.

It was another classic worked shoot.

WWE doesn't even mention Matt Hardy on their RAW results page.

That's perfect, gotta make it look unplanned, unexpected, why higlight a guy who doesn't work for your company trying to take shots at one of your top players.

Guest viewaskew142
Well, they're going to have to acknowledge what happened eventually.  I'd say Edge and Lita continually taunt Matt about what happened like they have been doing, but still have Matt not "officially" back with WWE and unable to get at Edge (who he should keep calling "Adam").  I guess they could fudge up a story about Lita putting a restraining order on Matt or something to keep him away until Edge finally agrees to a match at SSlam or SurSer.

The announcers have been ignoring the situation, as has WWE.com, so Edge and Lita should also "try" to ignore it, while also subtley looking over their shoulders. But NEVER mention Hardy by name. See, they weren't expecting him to show up while they were taunting him, so now they're scared to do so, in fear that Matt will come back. Then Matt can continue with random attacks here and there, until they're forced to acknowlege him and the whole situation in one way or another, which eventually leads to an "unsanctioned" match, at Summerslam.

Guest *KNK*

This saturday Matt Hardy (obviously a part of WWE now) will be facing a TNA CHAMPION in RING OF HONOR.

It's like Taz/Awesome in ECW all over again

Few things to mention on what was undoubtably one of the best worked shoots in fucking ever. Part of me thinks this maybe, possibly, just didnt go as all was according to plan perhaps with Hardy getting unprofessional and not just going overboard on Edge physically, but broke the script near the end there? Its very true that Kevin Dunn would have and should have cut off the feed if it was turning straight shoot, but maybe they werent clued in on when it turned real shoot and the plan WAS to do an arrest angle but it just went overboard and overly physical regarding Hardy and Laurinitus?

Hear me out here. It may be a thought of possibility that Hardy "went into business for himself" with some of the comments once he got on the mic and management MIGHT HAVE noticed he was being very stiff with Edge in the ring and some of the ending was legitimate shoot offset from a worked shoot with Johnny Ace freaking tackling Hardy down and the Hardy exchange of words with him when he got lifted up in the cuffs (think how the reality of Hogan-Russo went down, Russo went overboard - well maybe so did Hardy). So yeah there was a plan for Hardy to get arrested by "cops" but when he got out of hand for real, the road agents and "security" really used some force against him. Of course questioning some of this says whatever happened there worked, period. I still have serious doubts WWE would allow outright promotion of ROH also, which may have provoken a breaking of script of sorts by Laurinatus and Co. Yeah I know, I'm probably wrong here too - but how wild would this be to find out Hardy just fulfilled his last night in the company under his old contract, teased to the company a long term contract signing after this, NEVER signed the new contract, and now will work ROH, TNA, and everything else but WWE from this point on - so moreless swerved the WWE, got some stiff shots on Edge in what was moreless a legitimate looking fight as some sort of sweet revenge, and in the process added his value in wrestling up that many more notches? I know I know - I'm really stretching here! Just something to make discussion out of..like I said, the best way I can explain it is thinking Hogan-Russo situation, where it was planned to build a storyline, but Russo (and in this case, Hardy) went into business for himself. I'm sure the details will be all over the place soon.

On a side note, did Spike ever miss censoring the f-bombs from Edge after the first Hardy attacks segment or what??!!

Guest seth86

Its possible. But if hardy did go overboard, he'll be dropped as soon as this feud is over. Unless the entire thing was a work from the beginning.

Guest *KNK*

Overboard?

Do you really think any of this WASN'T planned?

Every detail was likely put in complete thought.

WWE and ROH have clearly been working with each other since the punk fiasco happened, if he was trying to SHOOT

He would have said "TNA! THIS SUNDAY! PPV!".

You are an idiot if you think any of this was a shoot. The only question is, how long has this been a work?

I'll leave comments later after I read through....

http://thematthardy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11803

HARDY'S COMMENTS POST-RAW

If you guys are ready for a ride, jump the f*ck on. Well, I promised you all fireworks, so I hope I didn't disappoint. As of July 11th, 2005, my personal Independence Day, the Movement has begun-- and the Movement's purpose is two-fold. Purpose one--To never let anyone control what Matt Hardy says and does and thinks. Purpose two--To make Adam Copeland, Amy Dumas, and the WWE regret what they did to me, what they did to us. It's time for Matt Hardy to stand up for all the MFer's that have been chanting "We Want Matt", and "You Screwed Matt". Although you may not know this--you guys, the MFers, started the Movement months ago. I can now finally join the Movement because I am no longer controlled by the WWE. The McMahons, the Johnny Aces, and all of the WWE management can kiss my @$$. I did what I did tonight because for me to live with myself, Adam "Feces" Copeland must pay. I'm not going to let the WWE forget that they f*cked up when they released me instead of that scumbag home-wrecker. And Amy Dumas, you know what's it's like to have me as your closest ally--but you're gonna hate to see what it's like to have me as your worst enemy b*tch. Even though I didn't slash your tires FCF, slashed tires are going to be the least of your problems--Bank on it. A little message to the whore, the feces, and the horsesh*t "family" that is the WWE--Matt Hardy is like cancer, I don't go away and you won't find a cure. I thank EVERYONE that has supported me through thick and thin--I promise I will always be there for my MFers. I love you guys--and as I always say, without you, there is no me. I am going to turn a hugely negative situation into something that will benefit us. If you don't want to be able to predict what happens next, you're all in for a treat.

P.S. - If you're thinking about pressing charges Vince, I got a couple bucks, I'll fight it. Besides, I think I might have some pixs and video from a camera phone that shows your officers Rodney Kinging my @$$. My wrist is cut from the handcuffs, and I would suggest that there was a little unnecessary roughness involved in kicking me out of your building.

P.S.S. - And don't forget to catch Matt Hardy in action this Friday in Indiana, PA, this Saturday in Woodbridge, CT, and you never know where I'll show up on Sunday. And The Matt Hardy Show is so on...

Matt "F*cking" Hardy

This was a good job of making people believe what they want to become reality. The fact is, this has probably been a work from the beginning, this whole thing tonight was planned, and I don't think WWE would have a problem with Hardy working for ROH otherwise he never would have taken the date as that would have interfered with WWE possibly bringing him back for this angle.