TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Hogan Knows Best

Caught the early morning one. I'll hold most of my comments until after everyone can see it tonight - but it was just as good as last week. If not better.

It's more focused on Nick this week.

Best Parts:

At the beginning, nobody is listening to Hogan. He calls Linda upstairs and holds up his hand. He says, "Do me one little favor, just slap this hand right here." Linda slaps the hand and Hogan says, "You handle this. I'm tagging out." and he runs downstairs before she can stop him.

At the gun range, Hogan starts flipping out about Ashley. He fires about 15 straight shots without even looking at the target. It cuts away and then quickly cuts back to him firing a machine gun. Hilarious.

This is an awesome show.

This show is entertaining, but it's easily the most unrealistic "reality" show ever. What kind of girl puts up with that kind of obsessive nonsense that Hulks son was spewing. Most women I know would take you off their radar and write you off as a sleezeball the second you refer to them as being "hot" let alonge saying that repeatedly.

Guest *KNK*

Most girls like being called hot...and like having alot of attention at the start of "relationship". Remember they are 16. Puppy Love galore.

BTW, Nick Hogan is rich. All bitches will tolerate any shit for a rich man who is popular.

Even if Ashley herself is rich.

Most girls like being called hot...and like having alot of attention at the start of "relationship". Remember they are 16. Puppy Love galore.

BTW, Nick Hogan is rich. All bitches will tolerate any shit for a rich man who is popular.

Even if Ashley herself is rich.

That's true, I suppose that nonsense is acceptable for the younger set that doesn't know any better, but still...

The show is funny, but it feels to camera-whore heavy. I mean the Osbournes was never the Emmy material of reality TV, but for the most part it was a camera catching the family act out, as where in the Hogan's everyone is ALWAYS playing up to the camera in just about every scene. Still funny though.

this show is OOOOKAY, but I kinda get a "scripted like Viva La Bam" vibe from it...Hogan has gotta be the most annoying father in the world...

In this weeks Observer, there is stuff that the show is in fact at least "half scripted." The pilot was always going to be Brooke going on a date with an older guy, VH1 actually pushed that idea themselves. Supposedly, they had Brian Knobs and Co. actually following Brooke around on her "date" intially but the network thought that looked too worked so they actually re-did the whole date thing with the car detector idea. They told Hogan and Knobs to train together in that segment and then discuss using the car sensor idea, with Knobs on camera taking credit for it, although it was the producers idea. I figured that segment was worked anyway since Knobs actually working out is a fucking joke in itself.

Also, this past weeks show was somewhat of a work too. Someone from the crew found a condom wrapper laying around somwhere in the house and suggested then that they do an angle out of it with the Hogans "finding it" in Nick's room.

I caught the repeat of the newest episode this afternoon, and MY GOD, I was dying of laughter during the shooting gallery scene! Just the mentioning of Ashley enraged him, and then the random cut off to him shooting a machine gun...PRICELESS.

Though, I agree, the show seems semi scripted. My god, NO WAY Brooke puts up with Hulk's overprotective ways THIS MUCH. But so far, the show has been great.

I knew it was fake as soon as I saw that the cameras followed Brooke on her date. Why was Hulkster worried about what was happening when the camera crew went in the car with them and followed them all around.

either way, it's still pretty funny. Hulk trying to hook up his son with that chick and laughing evily about his plan had me ROTFL.

Anyone else think Nick is rather weird looking? He takes after his dad way more than Brooke, who looks just like her Mother.

I also almost fell off my chair watching Hogan brushing his "hair".

and wtf was up with Hulk wearing A Sublime tshirt?

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I enjoyed Hulk's "I'm not bald I'm just a solared powered sex machine" T-shirt

Guest Steel_Fury

This is what I believe would make this show GOLD.

Either bring in the My life with Busey guy and have Hogan do all kinds of wierd things with/to him. Or, better yet, just have Gary Busey move in with Hogan's family and keep the camera's rolling.

Hulk and Busey at the video store:

"Brother, I'm not watchin' Lethal Weapon again." Hogan goes off to find they no longer carry Suburban Commando and settles on The King and I. Busey sneaks off to the Adult Section. Hilarity ensues when the DVD's get mixed up.

Busey was on a few episodes of Entourage and was as wierd as can be...i thought it was just part of the show...no, this guy really is that fucked up...

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

The second episode of "Hogan Knows Best" on VH1 this past Sunday drew a 1.3 rating, down from a 2.1 the first week. [WrestlingObserver.com]