TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Raw Thread (7/18/05)

Will Hogan accept HBK's challenge?

July 18, 2005

Two weeks ago, Shawn Michaels laid out the Immortal Hulk Hogan with "Sweet Chin Music." Last week he was on Piper's Pit and told Hogan that there was a price to pay for immortality. Then, before laying out a second-straight Hall of Famer in Piper, he challenged Hogan to a one-on-one matchup for SummerSlam. (WATCH NOW) It would be The Legend vs. The Icon. Will Hogan answer his challenge and give the fans "one more match?"

Plus, the 2005 RAW Diva Search is well underway, and with last week's talent competition, it has been kicked into high gear. Alexis was sent home last week, but who will be the next to have her Diva dreams dashed. Only you can decide. Go to http://divavote.wwe.com/ to vote for your favorite contestant.

Also, John Cena vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam was announced by RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, who received Cena's FU finisher for his trouble. With his authority challenged in brash fashion, how will Bischoff respond on RAW?  And now that the match has been made, will the two Superstars be able to stay apart until SummerSlam, or will their emotions overflow?

Well, I'll be there, so I might as well start the thread.

Look for the following signs to see where I am:

A giant "2"

"MCMAHON FEARS STRONG BAD

"THIS IS WRESTLECRAP!"

"ANGLE FEARS BALBOA"

"DEPORT CARLITO"

"TSM MEMBER NUMBER 2676"

RAW preview from Meltzer's site - not much, but I'll use the spoiler text anyway to avoid any complaints...

Raw on Monday in Philadelphia has

Hulk Hogan accepting Shawn Michaels challenge, as well as Matt Hardy returning

and a

Hogan, Cena & Batista vs. Angle, HBK and JBL

dark match main event. Smackdown is Tuesday in Baltimore.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Shawn Micheals and Eddie gurrero both have Biographies coming out soon. Interesting.

Guest Frank_Nabbit
Shawn Micheals and Eddie gurrero both have Biographies coming out soon.  Interesting.

Add SS Graham, Bill Watts and Vince Russo to that list...

Guest Coffey

Who cares about the signs though? People shouldn't be allowed to bring them anymore anyway. The attitude era is over and all they do is obstruct other fans views of the ring.

Is Mike Striker officially a WWE contracted wrestler? They have a long Q&A with him on WWE.com, which seems to be pushing his situation pretty hard.

I would guess Striker is at the least being considered for a contract and sent to development at OVW or Deep South, and at the greatest has already been signed for one of those territories.

Real World's Champion: Where are you seated? I'm Section 6, Row 6, Seat 14.

As for my signs: If you hadn't noticed, lackluster usually equals getting it on TV.

Example: All the "GAME OVER!" signs when Triple H would lose a title and such

As for my signs: If you hadn't noticed, lackluster usually equals getting it on TV.

Example: All the "GAME OVER!" signs when Triple H would lose a title and such

Can't argue that. Me and my brother's "Benoit is going to WM XX" sign at Royal Rumble 04 not only got on TV for Benoit's entrance, but it made it into the WM XX video package for the 3-way.

Guest Fishyswa

"The attitude era is over and all they do is obstruct other fans views of the ring."

What, they didn't do that during the attitude era?

Most important thing tonight is keeping the fans from turning on Hogan, they should do the tag match on TV so he can beat up someone who's over as a heel right now.

Philly loves the "mega popular babyface" (note that The Rock's "returns" occured in Philly (Raw July 01) and Atlantic City (40 min from Philly, July 02)...and they don't love Michaels, so expect Hogan to get a massive pop.

Philly has a smart wrestling crowd for indies/ECW.

However, there are a LOT of young marks (usually teen girls) there that are quite annoying.

I'll be there, Row 14, Sect 214...yea yea, just ordered tix 5 min ago for mah friends.

How's this for a sign to hold during the Diva Search:

IF YOU WANTED TO MAKE ME HORNY, YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT BENOIT ON RAW

I have said it before and I will say it again. The only good sign is the one I always bring to wrestling shows, and the sign states boldly, "Never kissed a girl". I then attach arrows pointing in every direction from the sign, except toward me. One time at an ECW show in Dayton some big black dude pushed me off the seat I was standing on and called me an asshole, what he did not know is that is just he type of reaction I am looking for.

Guest Fishyswa

"Two weeks ago, Shawn Michaels laid out the Immortal Hulk Hogan with "Sweet Chin Music." Last week he was on Piper's Pit and told Hogan that there was a price to pay for immortality. Then, before laying out a second-straight Hall of Famer in Piper, he challenged Hogan to a one-on-one matchup for SummerSlam. (WATCH NOW) It would be The Legend vs. The Icon. Will Hogan answer his challenge and give the fans "one more match?"

WWE.com has just learned that Edge and Kane will square off in a rematch from last week. This time, however, all outside interference will be eliminated, as both Superstars will compete inside a steel cage.

Plus, the 2005 RAW Diva Search is well underway, and with last week's talent competition, it has been kicked into high gear. Alexis was sent home last week. This week, one more girl gets eliminated.

Also, John Cena vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam was announced by RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, who received Cena's FU finisher for his trouble. With his authority challenged in brash fashion, how will Bischoff respond on RAW? And now that the match has been made, will the two Superstars be able to stay apart until SummerSlam, or will their emotions overflow?"

Yep