TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

For our black folks and wiggers

Why are black people (this is who I see mainly doing this, but a couple white folk and such in there too) buying hats.. and LEAVING THE FUCKING 50/50 sticker on it?

Why are black people (this is who I see mainly doing this, but a couple white folk and such in there too) buying hats.. and LEAVING THE FUCKING 50/50 sticker on it?

You're talking about the silver sticker right? It looks better..a lot of the time at least, then having a big circular faded spot in the center of the hat which you usually get when you peel it off...(Most of the time it leaves a spot at least)

Guest Fishyswa

But...you are. (telling people what they're comfortable in) I mean, why is it so unbelievable when the person wearing it is actually telling you it in fact IS comfortable. Going...'No its not' is pretty much telling them what they're comfortable in. Which although not verbatim, is pretty much what you're saying.

If I claimed to be a regular guy and told you I was comfortable in 4 pairs of sweat pants, a massive sweater and a ski mask during the summer, would you believe me? Just because I said I was? I'm not saying "you are not comfortable in that", I'm saying it's just not believable.

Well, why wear a t-shirt that stops right at your waist? You said you don't wear a shirt that would show your nipples, and it wouldn't double as a dress either. So I'm guessing your t-shirt probaly stops right at your waist? And if kyou were to bend down or something, your shirt probaly rises up or something, much like chicks do, I don't know about you, but that'd be a very uncomfortable feeling. See...it's uncomfortable. And no, a small shirt wouldn't be better in hotter whether.

No, my shirt stops at the middle of my crotch. My pants have it from there. And why wouldn't a smaller shirt be more comfortable? It is less fabric and that's kind of the idea in the heat.

For one, if you start sweating (and I've seen this) your shirt starts sticking to you, and the like. And sometimes, like with dress shirts, you get big sweat stains under your arms. That doesn't happen witha big shirt, it doesn't get stuck to you.

Sticky shirts? Get cotton man, it breathes.

As for the boots (I for one don't think Timberlands are work boots),

Just so you know, they are.

even if you decide to wear actual 'work boots' whos to say they arent comfortable?

No one, but the heat makes it very unlikely. I'm pretty sure hot works the same way for everyone.

I for one like wearing my boots better then wearing my tennis shoes, because for one, I don't play tennis >_>, yes bad joke, but anyways, just because. I can't explain why I think it's more comfortable, becacuse to me, well...shoes are shoes, they all feel pretty much the same, but I just do. And there's a lot more people now who wear like, Nikes for instance then boots.

This is what makes me think it's nothing but environment, it comes down to "it's just what I like", but how did you all of the sudden decide tim's were what you liked? How come it coincided with a fashion trend? Would you believe me if I told you I just though flannel shirts were more comfortable back in the middle of grunge's golden age? These are shoe's made especially for specific use, and it's not comfort.

I for one, in yes, 100 degree whether, wear baggy jeans, a real shirt (I don't even wear t-shirts that much) as well as boots. Some people I know, yea do think that's crazy, but like the whole arguements about..I think it's more comfortable.

You can't be suprised that no one would believe that. It's just not made to be comfortable in that weather, so saying it is just gives off a bad impression.

For one, I HATE shorts. I just don't wear them. I have one pair, that I wear about twice every year. I just don't like them because one, I dont like to show my legs, if I'm not wrestling or playing basketball or something for whatever reason.

While close, I don't think we should confuse comfort with being overly self conscious.

I also don't like to wear my socks short..and usually when wearing shorts you pretty much have to, otherwise it looks/feels pretty stupid. I also don't like the feeling that if I sit down (depending on how long or short, they are..even though mine are pretty long) my penis may be, well out there.

You sound like you've yet to learn they make things in varying different sizes. Why no middle ground? How come it's either shorts too short to hide your cock or massive jeans that would keep a horse's junk from seeing daylight? This is what I don't get.

Sounds weird, I know but it's true. You never know who's looking up your shorts. I also don't really see the point in wearing shorts on a really hot day, when then...the sun just beams on your fucking legs, and in turn has them even hotter then if you were to wear shorts.

That's bullshit, take a guy in 40 pounds jeans, a guy in shorts, put them outside on a hot summer day and UNDOUBTEDLY the guy in the 40 pound jeans will have hotter legs. Do you honestly think you'd be cooler at the beach in a full on jean suit than you would be in just a bathing suit?!

There's a lot more thinking then just "I want to wear it because it's so cool! :) " Because for some people, yes, more clothes can be more comfortable.

Can't believe that, goes against everything I've come to learn about clothing and weather. It's like someone telling me a fire isn't hot enough to burn a hand, sorry, but I've burned my hand on fire, so I know.

Surely you don't believe fucking a dead person would be 'comfortable', or enjoyable would be a better word in that case. :ph34r:

What does that even mean? A dead person doesn't even have a sense of comfort let alone a sense of anything.

But as we know...there are some people who find it to be. Whether you can believe it or not, you know it's true, so I don't see how you can say 'I dont think they really find it enjoyable'. (Yea, the comparison is stupid..but I sort of saw Necromaniak on accident >_>) Anyways, point is..

But I don't know it's true, I have more of a reason to think it's false than true. To me, people lying to seem removed from the current dominating pop trend is more likely than someone being comfortable in oversized clothing in 90 degree weather.

Regardless of what you think, it's not just a uniform thing. I don't wear jeans because, 'my culture wears jeans' I wear them because I like too. I don't wear hats because 'black people are supposed to wear hats' (Well, I dont really wear to many hats) but I wear them beecause I like the way they fit me, and I think sometimes I look better with them. Doesn't have anything to do with '50 Cent looks cool in a hat so I think I'll wear one'. And as I explained, yes, I do happen to find it more comfortable then what you consider to be 'comfortable' whether it's hot or not.

Alright then let's flip the situation....

It's the middle of summer, and ronald mcdonald is the hot new trend. If I dress up like a clown, and say it's because I'm more comfortable that way, not because it's a trend, would you believe me? I honestly hope not.

It's not about me disliking anything or thinking that style is stupid, I just think it's a lack of honesty that widen's the social rift in this country. It's just not believable, so it seems contrived and forced, almost cartoonish. History let's us know cartoons don't get treated like people. I think if people said it was a matter of culture or paying homage to the hand-me-down generation, or just trying to have style, people who don't get it would be more accepting and understanding.

Fishyswa, I agree with a lot of your points, but don't necessarily agree that someone can tell another person what they're comfortable in. I went literally 10 years without wearing shorts, regardless of how hot it was out. Were there times that I'd have probably been cooler in shorts? Yeah, undoubtedly. But was I uncomfortable? No. There's shades of gray in terms of comfort, it's not just comfortable or uncomfortable.

But you are playing in extremes. You aren't arguing what they are wearing, you are saying it is impossible for something to be comfortable because it is a bigger size. Basically, a kid wearing exactly what you are wearing(and I am guessing you are comfortable in it) can't possibly be comfortable because his is a bigger size than yours. That is just silly.

How is it hard to understand that if I wear a 32 waist that a 35 gives me more room and is more comfortable. If something is tight, you get it bigger right? Well, if you get it a little larger, it is really, really comfortable.

Large dress shirts are just plain wierd feeling because of the button up neck. Tshirts, they are going to fit at the neck no matter what, and after that, having that loose shirt feels great.

Oh and Ripper...I remember you once said that Black people don't say "fly" and you listend a lot of words black people don't say anymore but I went to NY last summer and heard all those words you said were not in use anymore. Maybe not in you area but they are still being used in other regions...word.

I am calling BS. Slang has moved on. No one says fly and I will stand by that. "Dope" You might here them say some shit is hot (son). Or Blazin. No one is saying dope, fly or fresh. Actually they say fresh, but not in the "that coat is FRESH" way of the 80's, more like it looks new as in "I had on a fresh pair of Tim's" or "I had on a fresh white T" and most likely they will say "crispy" instead of fresh.

Dear lord...I just taught you people something....this is going to come back to haunt me.

I havent heard anyone use "Fly" in a while unless its in a song. "Crisp" means pressed or clean/sharp to me. Most slang is metaphor for discribing (sp?) things.

First Jive Dude: Shit man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.

First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?

Second Jive Dude: UH...

First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.

Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.

First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em

First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

First Jive Dude: Shit man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.

First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?

Second Jive Dude: UH...

First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.

Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.

First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em

First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

Classic.