TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

WWE's PPV Schedule for 2005

I checked WWE.com for the PPV schedule for the remainder of 2005 and all that is listed is SummerSlam. I seem to remember there was a listing for all 2005 PPV shows posted around here, it even went as far as listing Royal Rumble 2006 for Miami, FL. I'd appreciate it if someone could post that list. Thanks in advance.

August 21, 2005 Washington, D.C. SummerSlam

September 18, 2005 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Unforgiven

November 1, 2005 San Diego, California Taboo Tuesday

November 27, 2005 Detroit, Michigan Survivor Series

January 29, 2006 Miami, Florida Royal Rumble

April 2, 2006 Chicago, Illinois WrestleMania XXII

Why are they doing Taboo Tuesday again? I don't see the appeal in a ppv set up by rigged voting, and last year's didn't seem too great.

I thought the voting was legit?

Anyway, I actually liked Taboo Tuesday. I thought it had a different feel about it and seemed like a breath of fresh air for WWE as their PPV's seem to follow the same format every time and it has grown stale.

But they seemed to push everything the right way to get the voting they wanted.

Yeah, but that was bound to happen when promoting the PPV. They obivously had the matches they wanted to go with in mind and pushed them on TV. However, it was still up to the public if they agreed or not.

Detroit gets Survivor Series AGAIN? What the hell is with Detroit always getting the November PPVs. Eeven back in WCW, we got World War 3 like three years in a row.

Much appreciated, Slickster.

No city confirmed yet for December's Armageddon PPV?

No cities confirmed for No Mercy, Armageddon, or New Year's Revolution.

They have got to cut one PPV for sure, since its an odd number, unless Bad Blood is permantly struck off now.

They really should cut 3, since 14/15 is way too much in a year.

Much appreciated, Slickster.

No city confirmed yet for December's Armageddon PPV?

No cities confirmed for No Mercy, Armageddon, or New Year's Revolution.

Maybe Armageddon is going to be replaced by Starrcade! </joke>

I hear that's actually supposed to happen right before RAW switches to Nitro and Raven's Flock return.

Detroit gets Survivor Series AGAIN?  What the hell is with Detroit always getting the November PPVs.  Eeven back in WCW, we got World War 3 like three years in a row.

Well, I assume they want to keep having major cities host their Big 4 PPVs, and Detroit hadn't had a PPV since Vengeance 2002.

WCW made the mistake of not rotating their PPVs to the point where by 1997 SuperBrawl, and all their August-December PPVs were held in the same place each year, which tended to limit interest among fans who lived far from those host cities.

And if you're wondering where these PPVs were repeatedly held:

SuperBrawl: Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA (1996-2000)

Great American Bash: Baltimore/1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD (1998-2000)

Road Wild: Sturgis Rally and Races, Sturgis, SD (1996-1999)

Fall Brawl: Lawrence Joel Memorial Coliseum, Winston-Salem, NC (1995-1999)

Halloween Havoc: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV (1996-2000)

World War 3: The Palace at Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI (1997, 1998)

Starrcade: MCI Center, Washington, DC (1997-2000)

Ok, so I'm making travel arrangements and it seems 100% certain that I'll be making it for SummerSlam this year. My other options were Survivor Series or whatever PPV they had for October depending on the city, but I managed to find a ticket (a nosebleed, unfortunately) for SSlam so I'll be there. Anybody else here going?

Detroit gets Survivor Series AGAIN?  What the hell is with Detroit always getting the November PPVs.  Eeven back in WCW, we got World War 3 like three years in a row.

Well, I assume they want to keep having major cities host their Big 4 PPVs, and Detroit hadn't had a PPV since Vengeance 2002.

WCW made the mistake of not rotating their PPVs to the point where by 1997 SuperBrawl, and all their August-December PPVs were held in the same place each year, which tended to limit interest among fans who lived far from those host cities.

And if you're wondering where these PPVs were repeatedly held:

SuperBrawl: Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA (1996-2000)

Great American Bash: Baltimore/1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD (1998-2000)

Road Wild: Sturgis Rally and Races, Sturgis, SD (1996-1999)

Fall Brawl: Lawrence Joel Memorial Coliseum, Winston-Salem, NC (1995-1999)

Halloween Havoc: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV (1996-2000)

World War 3: The Palace at Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI (1997, 1998)

Starrcade: MCI Center, Washington, DC (1997-2000)

OK, gonna be a bit picky here LOL . . . Fall Brawl 1995 was actually held at the Asheville Civic Center in Asheville, NC - it should actually say 1996-1999. And, Superbrawl 6 (1996) was at the Bayfront Center in St. Petersburg, FL, plus Superbrawl 9 (1999) was at the Oakland Arena in Oakland, CA (true, just over the bridge from San Fran).

Sorry, I'm anal and have WAY TOO MUCH trivial wrestling knowledge in my brain.

Ok, so I'm making travel arrangements and it seems 100% certain that I'll be making it for SummerSlam this year. My other options were Survivor Series or whatever PPV they had for October depending on the city, but I managed to find a ticket (a nosebleed, unfortunately) for SSlam so I'll be there. Anybody else here going?

there is no PPV in OCtober, there's two in November. Taboo Tuesday and Survivor Series.

Not really important since you're going to SummerSlam anyway, but yeah.

and if that Calendar is correct, that means that Raw gets Unforgiven adn Smackdown gets Taboo Tuesday, which means That there would be 10 Raws inbetween Unforgiven and Survivor Series. That's a long time.

Sorry, I'm anal and have WAY TOO MUCH trivial wrestling knowledge in my brain.

Hey, that's what I get for going from memory. Thanks for the clarifications/corrections.

No prob - and I completely agree with your assessment. WCW should have spread these events around, it definitely alienated fans who knew that, each year, their favorite event had no chance in hell of coming close to them. I attended practically all of the Winston-Salem Fall Brawls, being a mark for the War Games, but I'm sure the event could've been just as successful in another market for a year or two.

there is no PPV in OCtober, there's two in November. Taboo Tuesday and Survivor Series.

and if that Calendar is correct, that means that Raw gets Unforgiven adn Smackdown gets Taboo Tuesday, which means That there would be 10 Raws inbetween Unforgiven and Survivor Series. That's a long time.

Smackdown has No Mercy in Mid-October. Taboo Tuesday is a Raw show again this year. WWE posted a full list of 2005 PPV's on the website earlier in the year, plus included a list in one of the DVD releases, possibly WrestleMania 21. The site for No Mercy hasn't been decided yet, but the WWE is in the Texas area in early-to-mid October, I believe, so I'm thinking possibly Houston, or Phoenix, AZ, or something similar . . .

Meltzer said the voting was legit and they banked on HBK winning slightly over Benoit, but thought Edge would come in dead last.

Edge turned out almost winning the thing and they almost got burned.

Smackdown has No Mercy in Mid-October. Taboo Tuesday is a Raw show again this year. WWE posted a full list of 2005 PPV's on the website earlier in the year, plus included a list in one of the DVD releases, possibly WrestleMania 21. The site for No Mercy hasn't been decided yet, but the WWE is in the Texas area in early-to-mid October, I believe, so I'm thinking possibly Houston, or Phoenix, AZ, or something similar . . .

Well, I think it's odd that no PPV site has been booked for the 10/9 No Mercy show, yet arenas have been booked for Unforgiven, TTuesday, and SSeries.

EDIT: WWE is giving away tickets to No Mercy through Houston radio stations. Ergo, No Mercy will be October 9 in Houston, TX at the Toyota Center.

PPV Calendar updated.

August 21, 2005 Washington, D.C. SummerSlam

September 18, 2005 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Unforgiven

October 9, 2005 Houston, Texas No Mercy

November 1, 2005 San Diego, California Taboo Tuesday

November 27, 2005 Detroit, Michigan Survivor Series

January 29, 2006 Miami, Florida Royal Rumble

April 2, 2006 Chicago, Illinois WrestleMania XXII

Guess that means Armageddon won't be in Florida again this year since they're getting the Rumble the following month.

Guess that means Armageddon won't be in Florida again this year since they're getting the Rumble the following month.

Yep, it was in Atlanta, GA last year, so I got to go. Pretty good show, I was there live - came off better in person than on DVD, though, when I watched it after buying the DVD, it pretty much stank.

I'm betting Armageddon will be in the Carolinas or something of the sort. I could see it being in Greensboro, Charlotte, or maybe even the new arena in Columbia, SC - it seats 18,000, so it's definitely big enough. I've been hoping for another show to come there for quite a while, so I've got an excuse to go see the new building - I believe one of the first events ever held there was a RAW a couple of years ago.

On second though, Charlotte may not get it. I've got Charlotte pegged to get SummerSlam next year. They've got a brand new arena opening just in time for NBA season, and from the looks of it on the Bobcats website, it looks pretty awesome. Who knows, maybe they'll finally get a WrestleMania in Charlotte with this new arena. WrestleMania 23 in Charlotte would kick all sorts of ass, and pay homage to the Mid-Atlantic/Starrcade fans that made the original "Granddaddy of 'Em All" what it was.