TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

If Transformers wasn't enough..

According to this article, a Voltron movie is now in the works. It says 5 robots, so I guess it's the panthers, not the vehicles.

Now, I'm all for 80's throwbacks, but Voltron? Before a G.I. Joe movie? C'mon. I'm waiting for the rights to a Gobots movie to be sold before I totally give up on Hollywood though.

Although Thundercats might translate well to the big screen. Would have to have great makeup though.

On a completely unreleated note after Raw I was bored and busted out my 20+ year old bootleg copy of He-man & She-ra: The Secret of the Sword and Thundercats : Exodus

Voltron kicked ass. This was one of my favorite toys from the 80's. Back in the day, if you had this, you were on the top of the toy game:

voltron.02.jpg

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/428.html

Holy shit, I had one of those!

I remember distinctly coming home from a movie with my dad one night when I was like 5 or 6, only to discover that my 2-year-old sister had somehow gotten into my toys and broken one of the wings off my Voltron.

My sister is almost 20 now and has no idea how close she came to never seeing her third birthday.

Voltron kicked ass. This was one of my favorite toys from the 80's. Back in the day, if you had this, you were on the top of the toy game:

voltron.02.jpg

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/428.html

Holy shit, I had one of those!

I remember distinctly coming home from a movie with my dad one night when I was like 5 or 6, only to discover that my 2-year-old sister had somehow gotten into my toys and broken one of the wings off my Voltron.

My sister is almost 20 now and has no idea how close she came to never seeing her third birthday.

I still have mine sitting on my desk. I'm missing the damn head on the green lion though. Hope the movie doesn't turn out to be a big ol' piece of poo.

Live action Voltron movie = Power Rangers with a bigger budget.

Not knocking Voltron, just saying Power Rangers ripped them off and already went there.

Wonder if they'll acknowledge Sven...the original pilot of the Blue (I think that's right) lion before the princess took over.

As long as they don't acknowlege the...less than steller...3D animation Voltron, we'll be fine.

Live action Voltron movie = Power Rangers with a bigger budget.

Not knocking Voltron, just saying Power Rangers ripped them off and already went there.

I don't know how it went exactly, but I think the <i>Sentai</i> craze inspired <i>GoLion</i> (Voltron) and <i>GoLion</i> inspired the Sentai move to using vehicles/animals/whatever that merged into one robot.

The Power Rangers movies were some serious cheese. The first one used some really bad CGI and had a bad plot - not surprising, if you've seen enough (about 3) Power Rangers episodes. The second one also had a bad plot, but was better fight wise because they went with the rubber suits, which is kinda odd when you think about it.

As long as they don't acknowlege the...less than steller...3D animation Voltron, we'll be fine.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Don't know which was worse there, the animation or the plot.

Screw that toy, if you didn;t have the original Golion set that Takara put out back in the day which had TONS of those missiles that a small child could choke to death on, anything else paled by comparison.... I wish I had had the $100 to buy it back in the day but hell, I was 15 at the time.

But I settled for shoplifting the Motorized Lion Force that Matchbox put out, one lion at a time. Then I open them up and removed the cheesy motors from them.

But getting back on topic, a live-action Voltron movie is a BAD idea.

Very bad.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Don't know which was worse there, the animation or the plot.

Neither: making the main baddie of the original series a good guy.