TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Simpsons Season 6 DVD Set Complaint

The box wouldn't bother me half as much if it was at least capable of standing on it's end. I mean, come on; they couldn't have put the hinge on the top, or the side? The inside bit is great; they should've just made that the whole box.

I dunno if I'll bother with getting a new one though; I don't even use the Season 5 box, on account of these plastic nubs which scratch the DVDs all to hell.

I have found a major problem with this set. When you select the deleted scene option, and see the logo in the corner to view the deleted scene, after the scene plays, it atumotacially starts playing the next episode on the disc. Is there a way to view the deleted scenes seperatly?

In the event you haven't figured it out by now, just like Season 5, all the deleted scenes are on disc 4.

I also am reluctant to buy tv show sets on dvd (or hell any movie that I like( cuz realistically I wont watch them that much (and in this case would watch them for the commentaries and such) .

Here my fox affilaite (KTTV LA) shows the Simpsons three times a day on weekdays at 6 and

7:30 pm, then again at 11:30 pm.

On weekends I think they show them too but I forget when.

But since the syndication tends to show A lot of the same episodes over and over, I might buy some of the sets after all.

Ill definately buy 9, if only for the NY episode that my fox wont show after 9/11 (before they used to show it all the time)

and those head boxes look moronic

They forget that the dvd box/case as nearly as important at the discs themselves to us fans.

With the season sets for just about any show, I'll get them off of Netfix if I really want to see them. After that, if I still want to own it for the future, I'll just wait six months to a year and a half, and at that point you can often find the sets dirt cheap.

I picked this up at Wal-Mart yesterday...fun times have been ensuing ever since.

I dont really care about the packaging as long as the discs are inside...

Well..

I got my replacement box today. Few Notes:

1) Its sorta like Ikea furniture, you've got to asemble it yourself, but its nothing more than a few folds and there are some rather bland directions, but its easy to figure out. The box itself is slimmer than all but the first season but it still fits in with the previous sets.

2) While theres a bottom flap to keep the insert from sliding out the bottom (the whole Homers head that was inside the plastic case originally), theres no top flap. The insert slides in from the top, I don't know why they couldn't add a flap to make it a full box, but its not that big of a deal.

3) Chief Wiggum and Mr Burns are on the spine. Without the insert in, the hole shows a silohuette of Mr Burns. If you flip the insert around, Maggie is seen in the little hole and it doesn't look right (unlike what you could do to get two couch gags on the other sets). Mr Burns is sprawled on the sundial on the back under the Episode list.

im0000747tt.jpg

It's simpsonsbox.com

You have to provide a proof of purchase and three bucks for shipping and handling. And have thick skin because you're a COMPLAINER!! or something along those lines. I'm still waiting for mine, but I'd assume it got lost in the mail. I'd complain, but I've already complained enough.