TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Also, watching C-Span is never a good idea. Except Book TV. Now and then I can get behind Book TV.

I hate to go off on a tangent and derail this thread a bit but why the hell are there three C-Spans? I mean only a couple dozen people watch C-Span, is there really any need for two more of them?

I would have liked to see them mix things up a bit. D-Span. G-Span. Also, if anything resembling a C-Spanipedia comes alive, it's probably the project of this kid I went to college with, who I saw last weekend for the first time in a while and who apparently works there. You heard it here first. Breaking gossip on hott C-Span events!!!1

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Looks like Hillary is going to win a third meaningless race. She has the worst luck, only winning contests with no delegates.

You mean Washington? It looks like it's neck and neck now.

I don't know how many people watch MSNBC but it seems like the only person there supporting Hillary is Dan Abrams. I remember watching his show and him just going off on the "Washington media" counting Hillary out of this race.

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent
I don't know how many people watch MSNBC but it seems like the only person there supporting Hillary is Dan Abrams. I remember watching his show and him just going off on the "Washington media" counting Hillary out of this race.

You're absolutely right. "I get this feeling in my leg."

Holy shit, Czech. Settle down mang.

The reason I don't like Ron Paul is because, in essence, he represents not growing up.

In case anyone missed it, Factcheck.org did a fun article showing why Ron Paul is a nutjob.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/wrong_paul.html

My favorite line:

According to Paul, a secret organization run by unaccountable government figures is in league with foreign corporations who are all bent on usurping American sovereignty.

Ron Paul...as nutty as his supporters.

-He promised he wouldn't vote for the Patriot Act. He voted for the Patriot Act.

I can't really factually attack your other views since they're either primarily based on your political opinions, or based on information I don't know the origin of (I would have to spend time looking up exactly what campaign promise you are referring to, and then do the factual research behind each promise). What I can point out is the error in this statement, which is easy to track down given its high-profile nature.

He wasn't a U.S. senator when the USA PATRIOT Act was passed in 2001.

What you are damning him for voting in favor of is the watered-down 2006 reauthorization of the act, which didn't exist yet when ran for office in 2004. He promised he'd vote to repeal the 2001 law, which technically he did by voting to replace it with a milder reauthorization that fixed many of the problems that made him against the 2001 version.

Did he break his word? Yes and no. He voted for something that is called the USA PATRIOT Act in 2006, but it isn't the same law with the same flaws he promised to help repeal. He voted to replace the law he claimed he'd repeal with what is technically a new law with the same name.

Is it also splitting hairs to cover his ass? Maybe.

She is going to push like crazy to have Michigan and Florida counted. Which really comes off as a sign of desperation since she was the only one on the damn ballot for those states.

She's trying attack ad after attack ad and Obama and his camp are treating her like a gnat. Course I had someone suggest to me that the reason Obama is getting all these votes is that it is Black History Month and people feel like they are obligated to vote for him.

Another dumb excuse delivered as to why Hilary isn't rolling to victory.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25021&s=rcmc

The word on the street is that the Obama campaign and New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg have already met and devised an incredible plan if Clinton wins the nominee.

Mayor Bloomberg would give nearly $1 billion to Obama's campaign after which Obama would bolt from the Democratic Party and run as an Independent candidate with king-maker Bloomberg as his running mate. The Obama campaign realizes that Obama is too new at this game and doesn't have the political weight of the Clintons to bring in the true heavy-hitters of the party's hierarchy. So, according to sources it was Bloomberg himself who suggested this cunning strategy. It's mind boggling that the Clintons are willing to destroy the entire Democratic Party, and potentially in the process lose the White House and seats in Congress, for their own selfish thirst for power and glory.

SWERVE~!

Why does Michelle Obama hate America so much? America gave her Ivy League schools, fancy cars, jet planes, beautiful women...I just don't get it.

The word on the street is that the Obama campaign and New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg have already met and devised an incredible plan if Clinton wins the nominee.

Mayor Bloomberg would give nearly $1 billion to Obama's campaign after which Obama would bolt from the Democratic Party and run as an Independent candidate with king-maker Bloomberg as his running mate. The Obama campaign realizes that Obama is too new at this game and doesn't have the political weight of the Clintons to bring in the true heavy-hitters of the party's hierarchy. So, according to sources it was Bloomberg himself who suggested this cunning strategy. It's mind boggling that the Clintons are willing to destroy the entire Democratic Party, and potentially in the process lose the White House and seats in Congress, for their own selfish thirst for power and glory.

SWERVE~!

Umm, wouldn't it be Obama and Bloomberg destroying the party if she wins? I mean yeah, if she gets slammed in the delegates race and wins by Super Delgates, ok, different story. But I'm not exactly sure how Hilary would be the party destroyer by winning the nomination.

I mean, why the heck would she give up when she still can win? It's not like she is pulling a Huckabee and just staying in the race for the hell of it all.

I think, right now, Hilary can ONLY win with Super D's.

Isn't that still true with Obama as well though? And it's not like she has been slaughtered in Ohio, Texas and those large states yet so she still has life that could allow her to snag more delegates to keep it close until the end.

I just don't see where she would be a party destroyer when she is still very much alive and kicking.

I think that unsubstantiated rumor was dealing with a hypothetical situation in which Obama has the most delegates going into the convention but sees the nomination hijacked by Clinton and the traditional party elites. That will almost certainly not happen.

SWERVE~!

Umm, wouldn't it be Obama and Bloomberg destroying the party if she wins? I mean yeah, if she gets slammed in the delegates race and wins by Super Delgates, ok, different story. But I'm not exactly sure how Hilary would be the party destroyer by winning the nomination.

I mean, why the heck would she give up when she still can win? It's not like she is pulling a Huckabee and just staying in the race for the hell of it all.

If Hillary does appear to 'steal' the nomination, (arguably at this point that's the only way she can win but we'll wait till Texas and Ohio), then she'll have alienated most of the young voters as well African Americans and the rest of Obama's fanbase, which the Dems need to win the election. I'm willing to bet even her own supporters will be fairly disgusted with her. She won't be able to win the presidency from McCain anyway because everyone will be so resentful of her.

As for Hillary still having a legitimate chance of winning, she's lost ten contests in row and by huge margins. If this was the other way around and it was Obama, he'd be finished. But Hillary still has a shot? She neds to win in Ohio and Texas by a LOT. Her Ohio lead has slipped to single digits and her and Obama are neck and neck in Texas.

I'm not mad that she's staying in it till then. But I'm worried that she won't 'do the right thing' as they say, and drop out afterwards if she doesn't get the huge numbers she's counting on. Hillary never was a graceful loser.

I dont see how Hillary is going to come up with some way to actually win (big) in Texas/Ohio. She hasn't been able to win for a month, Bill has been a disaster, negative campaigning hasn't worked, only the fringe and the desperate are finding ways to dislike Obama. Plenty of morons in Texas to vote against Obama's "cult" or his "Muslim ties" but the same can be said for the Wisconsin electorate, who still went to Obama by 17. 17!

I have to laugh at Hillary's 'Obama isn't prepared for a negative republican attack' explantion as to why Obama isn't fit to run. Hillary, after what he's been through with you and your campaigns ridiculous accusations (OMG! Plagarism!) if he wasn't prepared before, he is now.

To catch up, Clinton would have to win the March 4 primaries in Ohio and Texas by 30-point blowouts, followed by a 40-point blowout in Pennsylvania.

That's actually a lot more than I thought she'd have to get. Short of Obama being revealed to be a cross dresser, there's no way she could ever get that much of a victory.

Thats just to win in pledged delegates.

And what about FL or MI?

Obviously, the Clinton's are trying to get them counted, but even if they did, that would go back to what I was saying about her stealing the election since no one actually campaigned there.

As for the Super delegates, even Nancy Pelosi has told them to follow the popular vote. I think most probably will.

Sign in to follow this