TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I found this quote by McCain rather amusing....

"Meet, talk and hope may be a sound approach in a state legislature," McCain said of Obama, a former Illinois state senator, "but it is dangerously naive in international diplomacy where the oppressed look to America for hope and adversaries wish us ill

So a message of hope is a naive approach to spread to countries looking to america for......HOPE???

Guest Vitamin X

Not that it would ever happen, but I'd be elated if Kucinich got to be Obama's running mate. Although that would probably make it way too liberal of a ticket for most people.

Is Paul/Nader `08 a possibility? Seems like the two groups have the same sort of following.

The second "hope" should be read as "invading, toppling the current regime, installing an alleged democracy, and paying billions of dollars in aid".

One thing to consider with this VP process - It might be best for either party to not have another Senator on the ticket. The balance of power their is fragile and neither party may want to trade two Senate seats for the Executive branch.

Mark Warner should be Obama's running mate. Lots of experience, would probably add a state for Obama, doesn't affect the balance of power in the senate, and gives himself something to do while he decides whether or not to run himself in 2012 or 2016.

Mark Warner is running for the Senate right now.

McCain's VP will probably be under a lot more scrutiny, because there's a higher than average chance McCain could die in office and they would be in charge. Maybe he doesn't need to be concerned with balancing out the ticket, and concerned with who would actually do a good job if his running mate somehow become president.

Guest Vitamin X

Also, Richardson completely bombing on Meet the Press some time ago probably didn't help him much. I know I looked at him with a lot less respect after that debacle. For those who didn't see it, tell me if you could take him seriously on any political level again (if you ever did to begin with).

Tim Russert pWn3dz Richardson

McCain's VP will probably be under a lot more scrutiny, because there's a higher than average chance McCain could die in office and they would be in charge.

Tell that to his mother, who recently celebrated her 125th birthday.

McCain's VP will probably be under a lot more scrutiny, because there's a higher than average chance McCain could die in office and they would be in charge.

Tell that to his mother, who recently celebrated her 125th birthday.

Well, he says he's fine, but he would, wouldn't he?

I'd also think there is a higher than average chance of Barack Obama dying in office.

Like some lunatic redneck isn't going to take a run at him during a campaign stop down south?

I'd also think there is a higher than average chance of Barack Obama dying in office.

Like some lunatic redneck isn't going to take a run at him during a campaign stop down south?

I think he's in the most danger right now. The people who are determined for there not to be a black guy in the office would have to strike now to prevent him becoming the first black president. Once he's sworn in and is actually president, well, then what's done is done, surely?

There will always be threats against his life, obviously, but I get the feeling the next six months are going to be the most dangerous for him. And, what's even more mental is that a couple of nights ago in Dallas (of all places) the secret service allegedly allowed people to go into a rally of his without going through a metal detector. I think the campaign were so desperate to get people in there they decided not to waste time with it.

Guest Vitamin X
says the guy not from the south

I'm fairly sure Mik lived in Chapel Hill, NC for a while.

Also, the Obama assassination theory is not anything new; it's been widely expressed as a great fear by a lot of African Americans, hell all kinds of Americans that it could happen. I figure if he makes it to election day alive (of course still assuming he wins the democratic nomination, I know Hillary's a longshot but I don't count anyone out) he'll be fine.

For all the JFK comparisons that Obama gets, he's more Bobby Kennedy than any of that.

You ain't kidding...

Since when do Democrats attack each other on universal health care? I thought we were trying to realize Harry Truman's dream . . . Just because Senator Obama chose not to present a universal health care plan, does not give him the right to attack me because I did. So, let's have a real campaign. Enough with the speeches, and the big rallies, and then using tactics that are right of Karl Rove's playbook. This is wrong, and every Democrat should be outraged. Because this is the kind of attack that not only undermines core Democratic values, but gives aid and comfort to the very special interests and their allies in the Republican Party who are against doing what we want to do for America. So shame on you, Barack Obama. It is time you ran a campaign consistent with your messages in public. That's what I expect from you. Meet me in Ohio. Let's have a debate about your tactics and your behavior in this campaign.

We need the kind of leader that can go from making a historically classy gesture one day to a completely mindless bitchy rant the next, I guess. She'll be ready as fuck on day one.

We need the kind of leader that can go from making a historically classy gesture one day to a completely mindless bitchy rant the next, I guess. She'll be ready as fuck on day one.

Maybe she was just doing her impersonation of Two Face?

Honestly I hope no one was surprised by this. Hilary is going to do all she can to try and force Obama to make a mistake that allows her to gain huge ground. After all she has done, Obama better not pick her as a VP for the "good of the party". There is no good that can come from associating full time with the Clintons.

His charms seem tough to resist, even for some of Hollywood’s biggest names.

"He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere," George Clooney told talk show host Charlie Rose.

"I'll do whatever he says to do," actress Halle Berry said to the Philadelphia Daily News. "I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

Well, Berry's a big fan. You think Obama's hitting that?

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

"He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere," George Clooney told talk show host Charlie Rose.

"I'll do whatever he says to do," actress Halle Berry said to the Philadelphia Daily News. "I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

421568.jpg = lemmings.jpg

Regarding Hillary going crazy: You think she'd realise this doesn't have to be it for her. She could run again in 2012. But she's squandering any good will by coming off as a crazed harpy and ruining her political future beyond 2008.

Well...if Obama wins the presidency she can't really run again until 2016. People will probably forget by then.

I don't know. That meltdown about healthcare will probably go down in history as her Britney moment.

421568.jpg = lemmings.jpg

paul_banner.jpg = snowy-wookie.jpg

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

That was a real crackerjack retort there.

Obama took the Nader news like a bitch.

"My sense is that Mr. Nader is somebody who, if you don't listen and adopt all of his policies, thinks you're not substantive," Obama told reporters when asked about Nader's possible candidacy.

"He seems to have a pretty high opinion of his own work."

Obama added that Nader "is a singular figure in American politics and has done as much as just about anyone for consumers."

And Obama added, "I don't mean to diminish that." But he added, "There's a sense now that if someone's not hewing to the Ralph Nader agenda, he says they're lacking in some way."

Why are you on the defensive, O mighty one? Nader's not gonna crack 3% of the vote.

None of the candidates remaining impress me.

McCain wimped out on the border. He wants amnesty for illegals, doesn't sit well with me. He claims to be a maverick beholden to no one, then starts fawning all over the extreme conservatives.

Obama seems like a nice guy...but I know a lot of folks that are nice guys I could hang out and have a beer with. I don't necessarily want to see them in the White House. His volunteers won't answer questions...I asked one of them how they would handle the radical Islam threat to the world...he just went on and on about how great a guy he is. Plus, Obama has no real legislative accomplishments that stand out since being elected to Congress.

Hillary...all I can say is I'd head for Canada if she won. At least when her husband lied to you and screwed you over, he'd do it with a smile on his face. She'll say whatever the hell it takes to get elected, and it wouldn't surprise me if she takes the fight all the way to the convention and then tries to use the superdelegates to back-door her way into the nomination.

Sign in to follow this