TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

It deserved repeating.

Should we tell him that Beck picked Romney because they shared the same weirdo religion, not 'issues'?

Hey Marvin, Andy Kaufman talked to me from beyond the grave. He told me you are an idiot.

Guest Beastalentier
Hey Marvin, Andy Kaufman talked to me from beyond the grave. He told me you are an idiot.

Beyond the grave in the future?

europeans ahave no class

It deserved repeating.

Should we tell him that Beck picked Romney because they shared the same weirdo religion, not 'issues'?

Glenn Beck liked Romney because he was the best candidate to fix the economy, something he's been warning about since August.

The only reason Obama is still around is because everyone wants to be a part of some magical moment in history so they can brag 30 years from now about how ahead of the curve they were when they voted for the first black president.

I am seriously pissed off that Romney got knocked out and then suddenly the Economy became important to everyone. Its not like the economy was any worse off 2 months ago than it is now, hell it was bad enough 8 months ago that a "moron" like Glenn Beck could forsee the problems we are having now. John McCain is better than Obama/Hillary when it comes to the economy but thats like saying getting punched in the face is better than getting shot in the face. Im holding on to the hope that Mccain goes with Romney for V.P., that is the only scenario where I would cast a vote for McCain and it would be 99.9% for Romney, not McCain.

Maybe Romney was the best on the issues. He did cover every single base on every single topic with his Hubert Humphrey campaigning style.

But, seriously though, any idea how many jobs this guy lost as a businessman, Marvin?

The rich have done just fine lately. That's not the economic problem facing this country now, or ever.

Maybe Romney was the best on the issues. He did cover every single base on every single topic with his Hubert Humphrey campaigning style.

But, seriously though, any idea how many jobs this guy lost as a businessman, Marvin?

The rich have done just fine lately. That's not the economic problem facing this country now, or ever.

Article

In many cases, such as Staples Inc., the Framingham retailer, and Steel Dynamics Inc., an Indiana steelmaker, the companies expanded and added thousands of jobs. In other cases, such as Ampad and GS Industries, another steelmaker, Bain-controlled companies shuttered plants, slashed hundreds of jobs, and landed in bankruptcy.

But in almost all cases Bain Capital made money. In fact, the firm earned substantially more from Ampad than Staples. Staples returned about $13 million on a $2 million investment; Ampad yielded more than $100 million on $5 million, according to reports to investors.

"It's not that employment grows, it's that their investment grows," said Howard Anderson, a professor at MIT's Sloan School of Management. "Sometimes its expansion, and sometimes it's shutting things down."

Romney's spokesman acknowledged that layoffs sometimes are necessary for a company's health.

and the economic problems in this country are that people themselves are spending money they dont have and are going "gimme gimme gimme" to the Government, who will happily oblige if it means someones gonna get elected because of it, despite the fact the government is in the exact same spot as the people, broke and borrowing money (from other countries).

I dont know when people decided that Government should give them everything they want (healthcare, free college, a mulligan on a stupid interest only mortgage, etc) but it needs to stop.

Thanks for proving my point, bud!

Its not like he went around firing people for no good reason. If the people weren't fired, Id put the odds at pretty high that they'd be unemployed anyway when the companies went bankrupt. I would think in that case that he saved more jobs from loss due to bankruptcy than he lost through job cutting..But people only want to look at the negative aspects..oh my a few people lost their jobs..better a few then all of them!

I dont know when people decided that Government should give them everything they want

Like a giant fence along the Mexican border and a never-ending war in the Middle East?

(sorry snuffbox)

That falls under the responsibility of the government to protect its citizens. Which is about the only thing people should expect the government to provide them with.

and besides, I think the majority of Americans prefer to not have a wall..

Let's take a second and take pride in our country.

Cynics have been saying for years that Americans--especially young Americans-- were too disengaged, and that we were ignorant about the system.

Here in the year 2008, when young people--along with everyone else--is turning out in record numbers. Everyone has an opinion on the internal working of the nomination process. And, of course, understanding the once-incomprehensible electoral college has become commonplace and basic knowledge to citizens. Issues such as foriegn policy and immigration that once were things only a few care about now inspire people to demonstrate and voice there views in huge rallies.

America is engaged again, and we're fired up about doing our civic duty.

pft

Nobody cares about the politics, they've just turned the election into American Idol: Who wants to be a President Edition.

If people fucking cared about issues, Obama would be out by now and Mitt Romney would still be in.

Funny how everyone's biggest issue now is the Economy, and the best candidate to fix the economy got knocked out last month. Way to go morons.

If people cared about issues, of course the guy who switched almost every one of his positions in the last 2 years in order to appeal to his party's base would still be running. Nothing tells the public you're serious about the issues than changing sides to gain popularity.

But, in case you still think Romney was the right guy for the job, I think I might have some insider knowledge on what he planned to do.

I proudly unveil Mitt Romney's Economic Plan (a.k.a. the Official Republican Economic Package they've been pushing since 1980):

-cut taxes

-lift regulations from businesses

-claim to cut government spending, but actually increase it

-beg the FED to cut interest rates

-more corporate subsidies

I don't think you can understate that enough, if the SD's overturn the popular vote, it will completely disillusion everyone in the party under 35, I swear it.

Obama's race makes it even more of a tricky situation. African American's make up a large base of the democratic base. A black man cheated out the nomination by a white elite? How would that look? Many would leave the democrats altogether and vote republican out of spite from this point foward.

Anyway, it's not like Hillary is beloved enough to even warrant the effort of screwing Barack out the nomination. I have to think endorsing McCain must have pissed off a lot of Dems as well as her other dirty tactics. Part of why Ted Kennedy switched was because he was fed up with Bill's race baiting crap in South Carolina.

I'm a 22 year old, Latino, college student Democrat. If Hilary ends up winning the nomination off the Super Delegates, I will leave the party. To think that the popular vote would get dismissed inside our own party (especially 8 years removed from the 2000 election) because of the Clintons, I can not tell you how damaging that would be for all of young Democrats, especially the young, college Latinos who have been rallying behind Barack.

[...]these people who have the power to, well, take power away from us

Dan Abrams is convinced that Hillary's turn toward negativity lately had nothing to do with her wins last night.

You should probably watch his program, Marvin. He's on your level.

Would you go gay for Dan Abrams's eyes?

I generally like his program. He does a good job of bashing the other news programs without coming off as Bill O'Reilly's stalker like Olbermann does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiypKLr8oKA

Come on, snuffer, he's an MSNBC guy. He's an Obama supporter too. Obama vs. the far-right smear machine! He's also against the Miami Sound Machine.

I would never want to be in the same room, let alone party, as this douchebag.

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, anyone willing to go down to rural Maryland and knock out some cell phone towers for Sprint so Marvin can't access the internet anymore in his backwards-ass neck of the woods? Anyone? Something about reading this thread for the last couple pages makes me want to grab a baseball bat and crack bald skulls.

Hey, anyone willing to go down to rural Maryland and knock out some cell phone towers for Sprint so Marvin can't access the internet anymore in his backwards-ass neck of the woods? Anyone?

Eric, looking at you. Just this once it's worth burning some fossil fuels in order to serve the greater good.

Oh yeah, get ME to go down into rural Maryland.

:angry:

As far as I'm concerned, MD has only three counties, Montgomery, Prince Georges, and Washington D.C. :P

You know, there might just be a certain other messageboard out there where Marvin's political intellect would fit in quite well.

Honestly, I'm still reeling from that news. The nerve of the woman! Now, after weeks of character assasinations, lies, and smears, she wants him to be positive? All because they asked to see her tax returns? The hypocrisy is sickening.

Guest Beastalentier
Hey, anyone willing to go down to rural Maryland and knock out some cell phone towers for Sprint so Marvin can't access the internet anymore in his backwards-ass neck of the woods? Anyone? Something about reading this thread for the last couple pages makes me want to grab a baseball bat and crack bald skulls.

Barring Edwin, the entire Washington-Baltimore contingent of TSM should be wiped out.

Honestly, I'm still reeling from that news. The nerve of the woman! Now, after weeks of character assasinations, lies, and smears, she wants him to be positive? All because they asked to see her tax returns? The hypocrisy is sickening.

It's not like this is a NEW thing with her. This was the main reason I never liked her is she tries to call out other people on things she did before and still engages in. What really ticks me off is some of the American public is stupid enough to buy into it.

What I found interesting was that in the last two days half a dozen Supe delegates have came out in favour of Obama, but none for Hillary (and she supposedly had momentum after winning).

Honestly, I think saying McCain would be a better president than Obama will go down in history as a HUGE mistake for her. It basically told the entire party her only interest was getting the presidency for herself, and she would have no problem sabotaging Obama and the democrat's chances in Novemeber.

Supposedly, if Hillary only got a small victory in Ohio (2-3%), senior democrat officials were going to stage an intervention of sorts and tell her to drop out for the good of the party. Because her victory was bigger than some thought, those plans have been put on hold for now.

I think if Obama gets impressive wins in Wyoming and Missisipi, thus making it even more harder for her to ever make up the delegate count, they'll tell her straight to drop out. The SDs might be the beginning of this, a small nudge if you were.

Barring Edwin, the entire Washington-Baltimore contingent of TSM should be wiped out.

:wub:

Sign in to follow this