TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Youtube Video

"no body ever called Hillary Clinton a (n word)"

--

Someone at work told me today that if someone did call her the (n word) that it would end the use of (n word) by black people immediately..

Anyway, thats some fantastic stuff from Obama's preacher.

Romney gets run over by the "OMG YOU'RE A MORMON!" bus yet no ones at all upset by this..yeah!

I watched that last night. I figured it'd be something like "I denounce you, Senator Clinton," and it was kinda close, I mean, he did urge someone to denounce something at some point. Olbermann is such a fucking blowhard, though, seriously.

Personal attacks on Olbermann won't change the fact that he is right.

I watched that last night. I figured it'd be something like "I denounce you, Senator Clinton," and it was kinda close, I mean, he did urge someone to denounce something at some point. Olbermann is such a fucking blowhard, though, seriously.

Personal attacks on Olbermann won't change the fact that he is right.

Most of the time if I bring up Olbermann in an argument against a conservative, their comeback is "Don't listen to him, he's a LIBERAL" as if that should be the end of the debate. Whooaaa, I didn't see that one coming. Or it's "He's too angry." That's a wonderful argument.

I need a drink.

In fairness to Obama in regards to the Pastor situation, Mccain became pretty close with Jerry Fawell towards his death, and he'd said things way worse. I get the feeling you have to understand the context of Wright soundbites. And if we're talking guilt by association, does that mean Hillary is somehow to blame for the hooker ring Spitzer got caught up in?

Anyway, first the smear campaign says he's a Muslim, now he's being brainwashed by a Christian Preacher. Which is it?

The pastor at Obama's church is a moron. But, then, so are the rest of the people who believe an invisible man lives in the sky and we should control American lives in accordance to his hypothetical whims.

The pastor of my church, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who recently preached his last sermon and is in the process of retiring, has touched off a firestorm over the last few days. He's drawn attention as the result of some inflammatory and appalling remarks he made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents.

Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue...

The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation. When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments. But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack-obama...ch_b_91623.html

Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue...

Is that good enough, Hillary?

Guest Beastalentier

I never had strong feelings regarding Tucker Carlson, but David Gregory is a douchebag with regrettable hair.

In fairness to Obama in regards to the Pastor situation, Mccain became pretty close with Jerry Fawell towards his death, and he'd said things way worse. I get the feeling you have to understand the context of Wright soundbites. And if we're talking guilt by association, does that mean Hillary is somehow to blame for the hooker ring Spitzer got caught up in?

Anyway, first the smear campaign says he's a Muslim, now he's being brainwashed by a Christian Preacher. Which is it?

I went to church for 10 years when I was a kid and I never once heard my preacher utter the words "God damn America" before, let alone the n word or anything of the like that he said.

Maybe Obama condemns his preacher now, but for 20 years Obama attended the man's church and even lifted his saying "audacity of hope" for the title of his book, so the two were quite close together for quite some time.

I think the bigger issue with it is that its telling that the Black community is perpetuating the whole racial argument themselves more than anything and they can get away with it. If that were a white preacher and he was being anti american and anti black, there would have been a huge media firestorm the very next day (not some 4 months later).

Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home. Barack was...Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary! Hillary ain't never been called a 'nigger!' Hillary has never had her people defined as a non-person.

I don't know if Hillary's ever been called a "nigger," but I'm pretty sure a lot of right-wing critics have defined her people (liberals or women, take your pick) as non-people in some form or another. He is factually accurate in some regards, though...she's not black nor a man. Can't we all at least agree on that?

I think the bigger issue with it is that its telling that the Black community is perpetuating the whole racial argument themselves more than anything and they can get away with it. If that were a white preacher and he was being anti american and anti black, there would have been a huge media firestorm the very next day (not some 4 months later).

Oh, I don't know. There's a whole lot of white preachers I know of who are anti-American, though the number that are openly anti-black has diminshed considerable in the last 50 years. But I see your point. Those damn black people are constantly getting away with stuff white people can't. Like, for example, black people can get away with being racially profiled by the police, discriminated against in employment for having non-European sounding names, given harsher sentences for the same crimes, and followed around in public shopping centers by over-eager security people. As a white person, I'm tired of them always getting special treatment! Just once I'd like to have my ancestors oppressed for 400 years, then be expected to not hold a grudge. What's a white guy gotta do to get some equality 'round here????

Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home. Barack was...Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary! Hillary ain't never been called a 'nigger!' Hillary has never had her people defined as a non-person.

I don't know if Hillary's ever been called a "nigger," but I'm pretty sure a lot of right-wing critics have defined her people (liberals or women, take your pick) as non-people in some form or another. He is factually accurate in one regard, though...she's not black nor a man. Can't we all at least agree on that?

Barrack's never been called a angry old white bitch..hey, that makes them even! Unity through equality in hate!

I don't know if Hillary's ever been called a "nigger," but I'm pretty sure a lot of right-wing critics have defined her people (liberals or women, take your pick) as non-people in some form or another. He is factually accurate in one regard, though...she's not black nor a man. Can't we all at least agree on that?

Barrack's never been called a angry old white bitch..hey, that makes them even! Unity through equality in hate!

Thanks for following my more-subtle sarcastic joke with your more sledgehammer-like one.

I kind of feel like Albert Brooks if he were opening for Gallagher.

But, then, so are the rest of the people who believe an invisible man lives in the sky and we should control American lives in accordance to his hypothetical whims.

Yes, because all religious people are raving lunatics.

And now Mccain is endorsed by guys like John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Sure Obama's pastor said horrible things but at least they don't want to kill all people that administer abortions like Parsley would want to.

And now Mccain is endorsed by guys like John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Sure Obama's pastor said horrible things but at least they don't want to kill all people that administer abortions like Parsley would want to.

While Hagee and Parsley are every bit as ignorant, anti-Semitic, and hate-mongers as Dr. Wright is every bit a racist, anti-Semitic, and a hate-monger, the difference between Obama and McCain is McCain never sat in the pews at the churches of Parsley and Hagee for 20 years. You would figure for as long as Obama sat and listened to Wright's sermons, unless he fell asleep during them he had to have some ideas of what this guy was truly about.

I'll call it like I see it. Dr. Wright is a racist, hate-mongering nutjob and is every bit as ignorant and disgusting as a white man burning a cross wearing a white robe.

Sign in to follow this