TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

How many clips do you need to see to accept that B.O. Hussein's REVEREND WRONG hates America? Personally, I've heard enough.

Holy crap, Pat Buchanan's posting on TSM!

People actually say stuff like that on other sites/real-life and aren't just doing a Colbert thing. And others take them seriously and believe they lead lives far more important than just typing up sophomoric names and hate-gibberish online.

Oh, I don't know. There's a whole lot of white preachers I know of who are anti-American, though the number that are openly anti-black has diminshed considerable in the last 50 years. But I see your point. Those damn black people are constantly getting away with stuff white people can't. Like, for example, black people can get away with being racially profiled by the police, discriminated against in employment for having non-European sounding names, given harsher sentences for the same crimes, and followed around in public shopping centers by over-eager security people. As a white person, I'm tired of them always getting special treatment! Just once I'd like to have my ancestors oppressed for 400 years, then be expected to not hold a grudge. What's a white guy gotta do to get some equality 'round here????

Sorry, are you even an American? Most "blacks" in this country actually have European/Mostly British first names and surnames. :huh:

Since the 1970s, there has been a push to give black children names which do not reflect European origins. Perhaps instead of questioning my American-ness, you should try getting to know some real live black people. I am a teacher at a school that is 70% African-American. Almost all of my students either have names that are inspired by non-European origins, or have European names that are uniquely spelled. There was a recent study in which resumes of African Americans were sent out to businesses. Some had European names like John, Fredrerick, etc. Others had names like Kwame, Shaniqua, Martyseon, Vontrell, etc. Those are names that are not uncommon in the African-American community, but completely unheard of among whites. The study showed that the blacks with European sounding names got called for interviews at a far higher rate than the other names.

Guest Beastalentier

Hey, didn't watch the Obama speech this morning, had an exam to take, was this the sort of thing that was beautifully transcendent in the way it united America once and for all behind hope and change, or was he as unsure of himself as he's been on previous afrocentrism matters this week?

The study showed that the blacks with European sounding names got called for interviews at a far higher rate than the other names.

Good. Most non-Biblical/Greek/Latin names suck anyway. Everybody in this country, black, white, or otherwise, needs to make a concerted effort to stop giving their children retarded names. No Austin, no Cameron, no Madison, Madisyn, Maddysen, Madason, Ashleigh, Dakota, Antwan, Ontwaine, Ontwan, d'Antoine, d'Ontwaine, Tucker, Hunter, they all suck. Everything sucks.

Funniest interview of the year...

Below is a section of an interview with DMX in a recent issue of XXL.

XXL: Are you following the presidential race?

DMX: Not at all.

XXL: You're not? You know there's a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there's Hillary Clinton.

DMX: His name is Barack?!

XXL: Barack Obama, yeah.

DMX: Barack?!

XXL: Barack.

DMX: What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

XXL: Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.

DMX: Barack Obama?

XXL: Yeah.

DMX: What the fuck?! That ain't no fuckin' name, yo. That ain't that nigga's name. You can't be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

XXL: You're telling me you haven't heard about him before.

DMX: I ain't really paying much attention.

XXL: I mean, it's pretty big if a Black…

DMX: Wow, Barack! The nigga's name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain't his fuckin' name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, "Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit" [laughs] "That ain't your fuckin' name." Your momma ain't name you no damn Barack.

XXL: So you're not following the race. You can't vote right?

DMX: Nope.

XXL: Is that why you're not following it?

DMX: No, because it's just—it doesn't matter. They're gonna do what they're gonna do. It doesn't really make a difference. These are the last years.

XXL: But it would be pretty big if we had a first Black president. That would be huge.

DMX: I mean, I guess…. What, they gon' give a dog a bone? There you go. Ooh, we have a Black president now. They should've done that shit a long time ago, we wouldn't be in the fuckin' position we in now. With world war coming up right now. They done fucked this shit up then give it to the Black people, "Here you take it. Take my mess."

XXL: Right, exactly.

DMX: It's all a f***in' setup. It's all a setup. All f***' bullsh*t. All bullsh*t. I don't give a f*** about none of that.

XXL: We could have a female president also, Hillary Clinton.

DMX: I mean, either way it doesn't matter. I don't care. No one person is directly affected by which president, you know, so what does it matter.

XXL: Yeah, but the country is.

DMX: I guess. The president is a puppet anyway. The president don't make no damn decisions.

XXL: The president…they don't have that much authority basically?

DMX: Nah, never

Credit: TeamSugar.com

It was a historic speech. But those who dislike Obama because his skin is darker than their's, his name sounds different, or someone told them that he's a Muslim through a mouthful of chewing tobacco aren't going to change their vapid philosophies no matter what.

I listened to Obama's speech on the radio on the way back from out of town this morning. It was immediately followed by a white conservative commentator trying to put words in Obama's mouth, claiming he was now trying to make victims out of middle class whites for saying out-sourcing, stagnant wages, and inadequate access to health care were problems for them. Then there was a caller who said that Obama was being divisive saying white people had a silver spoon in their mouths, despite saying the complete opposite. (Obama alluded to how a lot of the white middle class had a hard time seeing how they have had advantages that many blacks had not, because many had it rough as well, given out-sourcing, stagnant wages, and inadequate access to health care were problems for them.)

I swear to God, people only hear what they want to hear.

McCain will win vs Obama, I am 100% certain.

Its the bet of the century.

Stop campaigning Hillary and Barack, megaadvice said McCain's gonna win the election!

No matter how irrational people can be, I don't understand how Obama can be damned for something not only did he not say, but that he said in about 10 different ways he completely disagreed with.

The media is just replaying this every single minute because they think it will actually help Obama in the long run.

No matter how irrational people can be, I don't understand how Obama can be damned for something not only did he not say, but that he said in about 10 different ways he completely disagreed with.

People want to hear what they want to hear. And logic is sure as hell not gonna get in their way. That crap is why we're in Iraq, why the economy is in the shitter and why education is declining. The sooner people snap out of this line of thinking, the better.

People want to hear what they want to hear. And logic is sure as hell not gonna get in their way. That crap is why we're in Iraq, why the economy is in the shitter and why education is declining. The sooner people snap out of this line of thinking, the better.

I know, but I have a hard time accepting it.

Everybody wants politicians to stop bullshitting them and tell it like they really see it, instead of it being sanitized and just say the same old things UNTIL THEY ACTUALLY GET ONE. Look at Paul Tsongas in 1992, John McCain in 2000, or Howard Dean in 2004. They said what they thought the country needed to hear, instead of what people wanted to hear. They were rewarded for it by being shunned by their own party in favor of someone who offered a more sanitized view...only to have the general public complain on election day being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. I am absolutely sick and tired of history repeating itself.

It was a historic speech. But those who dislike Obama because his skin is darker than their's, his name sounds different, or someone told them that he's a Muslim through a mouthful of chewing tobacco aren't going to change their vapid philosophies no matter what.

Snuffy, what do you mean?

I took the bait, clicked the link and read the thread.....OMFG my head hurts.

I know, but I have a hard time accepting it.

Everybody wants politicians to stop bullshitting them and tell it like they really see it, instead of it being sanitized and just say the same old things UNTIL THEY ACTUALLY GET ONE. Look at Paul Tsongas in 1992, John McCain in 2000, or Howard Dean in 2004. They said what they thought the country needed to hear, instead of what people wanted to hear. They were rewarded for it by being shunned by their own party in favor of someone who offered a more sanitized view...only to have the general public complain on election day being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. I am absolutely sick and tired of history repeating itself.

Well this is further reason why political parties in general should be rid of. Party Elites of both sides seem to be just as much as of a "good ol' boy" network as any other organization.

But my friend each word contains the post of the day!

But my friend each word contains the post of the day!

I dunno reading some of those posts. I mean the most they took away from the entire speech was "Obama is playing the white guilt card" I mean......REALLY? If anything he was almost justifying the frustrations that a lot of white america has towards social programs aimed at "leveling the playing field" Sometimes I think some of those guys are just looking for things that aren't there.

Agreed on all accounts. If anything, this so called controversy has done nothing but reaffirm my position as an Obama supporter.

Oh, and I totally voted for Howard Dean in 2004.

That's one of the few speeches I've heard from a politician that actually said something. He definitely has my vote now.

XXL: I mean, it's pretty big if a Black…

DMX: Wow, Barack! The nigga's name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain't his fuckin' name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, "Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit" [laughs] "That ain't your fuckin' name." Your momma ain't name you no damn Barack.

This is probably my favorite post of this thread.

If there's one thing I admire about Obama is that he can take a negative attack and completley turn it around and make himself look 10x better. Hillary tries to belittle him by saying he'd makea good VP, and he points out the contradiction of how she doesn't think he's qualfied to be president but is now willing for him to step in if she gets bumped off. Hillary does the 3 am ad, he responds with one that points out at that 3 am momentshe was one backing a disasterous war. Hell, he even has the girl in the advert behind him.

Now, right,left, are throwing mud at him over the Pastor thing (despite several republicans aligning themselves with Ministers that have had some equally shocking things to say) and he comes out and does a awesome speech and might end up more popular than he was before pastorgate.

Ah, so the fainting has started!

Basically, he turned the whole Wright thing into a blame America deal.

Bah... the US can not ingore race... yet, Obama is ignoring the fact that his spiritual mentor of some 20 years is a racist hate monger. I'm not impressed by the speech, but I'm sure the usual suspects will eat it right up.

Gotta love how he threw his own grandma right under the bus, btw.

Obama was in a difficult position to begin with: if he throws the guy under a bus (the same man that married him and baptized his kids don't forget) he's just another sleazy politcian who'll say and do anything to win. He doesn't out right reject the guy and resolve to cut him out of his life, and suddenly he's agreeing with everything Wright has sad.

Sign in to follow this