TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw thread for 08.01.05

Guest Askewniverse
Wow geez....did Hardy tell Vince what he was planning on saying beforehand?  Killed in a car accident??

Dammit. Now I have an image of La Parka getting ready to ram Edge's car stuck in my head.

Guest Trecko

Didn't help that this crowd really didn't seem THAT into it + that delayed ass entrance. And now formally introducing him, as good as it may have been to make it "official", will probably take away from his first match back when the crowd FINALLY hears his music and he walks out.

I dunno, the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way. Nice idea, but it really has taken a lot away from this whole thing.

Despite the fact that I love Edge as a performer, and he was an extremely good guy when I met him.... as a longtime Mattitude Follower who has followed the situation since day 1, as well as someone who has been cheated on by a woman I expected to spend the rest of my life with, I was shaking during that promo.

That was one of the most emotional, surreal, and downright coolest things I have ever seen in wrestling. I'll remember that promo for the rest of my life.

That program is dropping out real fast with no Lita around and generally I think alot of that crowd still didnt "get it" completely what the fuck he was all talking about. Might have been just this crowd in particular but the Hardy stuff there did not get over with the crowd at all.

This has got to be cut off after SS, or will have to be

And the car accident thing was also stupid and overboard.

But the angle has such a big plot hole. If Matt knows the Lita/Kane thing is scripted, why the hell does he think he's getting any kind of real revenge in a match vs Edge that will also be scripted?

He's pretty much admitted wrestling is fake, and than he goes into what is essentially a scripted heel promo promoting a fake match.

The feud has lost lots of steam now. Matt talking about killing people? WTF?

Despite the fact that I love Edge as a performer, and he was an extremely good guy when I met him.... as a longtime Mattitude Follower who has followed the situation since day 1, as well as someone who has been cheated on by a woman I expected to spend the rest of my life with, I was shaking during that promo.

That was one of the most emotional, surreal, and downright coolest things I have ever seen in wrestling.  I'll remember that promo for the rest of my life.

I thought the promo was pretty bad myself. Matt was trying wayyy to hard.

That was one of the most emotional, surreal, and downright coolest things I have ever seen in wrestling.  I'll remember that promo for the rest of my life.

No offense intended, but you're a pussy. :)

Guest Trecko

lol @ Kerwin trying to get tips from Vince. This angle sucks, but that was funny.

It was actually a pretty good promo I thought but it just unfortunately didnt get the response they wanted it to get. It's too bad because that with Lita not involved and then a tepid response to what should be a big deal, it will be interesting to see where they go from here...

Lol, it's the song from that episode of Family Guy.

And is this the third music he's had in two weeks?

Why the hell did I take him off of my fantasy team? :(