TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw thread for 08.01.05

I have always said that without a finisher that can be teased, a wrestler is just floating in dead water. He is never going to be considered interesting or will really be that over.

Also, why does it seem like no one has a fucking finisher? Carlito has been around since October or so and I still don't know what this guy is supposed to do to put an opponent down for 3. If nothing else Chris Masters is being built around having an invincible finisher that no one can get out of.

What is Gene Snitsky's finisher? Carlito? Orlando Jordan? To me the coolest thing about a wrestler has always been the finisher. When I think Jake Roberts I think DDT, etc.

Orlando was using the Flatliner (I believed he called it the Blackout or something like that), but seemed to stop when Hassan came over to Smackdown and had the same move.

You got me on the other two.

Angle had NO heat last night when he came out, so you know all the momentum he got from going to RAW is gone. He wants to make Eugene "more special". Ooooooooo. I want to see this match now.

To be fair to Angle, the crowd last night was pretty bad. But yes, this feud doesn't look interesting at all.

They seemed fine during the opening tag match. Having to witness freaking Tatanka and a glorified Heat match will do that to you.

Guest JMA
Angle had NO heat last night when he came out, so you know all the momentum he got from going to RAW is gone. He wants to make Eugene "more special". Ooooooooo. I want to see this match now.

To be fair to Angle, the crowd last night was pretty bad. But yes, this feud doesn't look interesting at all.

They seemed fine during the opening tag match. Having to witness freaking Tatanka and a glorified Heat match will do that to you.

The opening match was surprisingly decent.

And Carlito was using the Overdrive, which he supposedly dubbed the Cool Breaker, although I never heard any announcers call it as such. Now he uses Heel Tactic #5, dubbed by Michael Cole as "Not This Way!".

And Carlito was using the Overdrive, which he supposedly dubbed the Cool Breaker, although I never heard any announcers call it as such. Now he uses Heel Tactic #5, dubbed by Michael Cole as "Not This Way!".

Carlito's on Raw now, so now it's called "AWWW DAMN IT!! THIS MAKES ME SICK, BAH GAWD!! KICK OUT, DAMN IT!! KICK OUT!! GOD ALMAHGHTY!!"

The fact that I have no idea what the Overdrive and all that even IS speaks volumes about their lack of effort to get his finisher over. Getting a finisher over requires the guy winning several matches in a row doing the same move. Hell, at least with Chris Masters I could see the point of doing the Masterlock Challenge, however tedious it is. At least it's an attempt to get his finisher over.

I blame creative for a lot of that. They lack the quality control and are not emphasizing Carlito's moves with any names or anything. I mean how hard is it to do? Carlito executes either a signature move or finisher, then JR, King, or Coach says "Carlito calls that such-and-such". Rinse and repeat for several weeks and boom, it gets over.

This may be the laziest Creative has gotten. Even though 2002 had worse storylines like ass cream, necro, and the bait-and-switch gay wedding, at least they were trying. They aren't even trying at this stage.

Wonder if it has to do with HHH and Steph traveling around the country in a mobile home trying to procreate?

Jericho/Cena is really bad. Cena can beat Carlito, Bish and Jericho at the same time, so why would Jericho have a chance one on one?

The total inability to win a match is an important characteristic for a number one contender to have, don't you think?

This show will be used as proof that Jericho shouldn't be in a world title feud.  I just know it.  Nevermind Jericho wasn't actually wrestling.

It's still weird that Jericho hasn't even wrestled a match for quite sometime now, like you said. Because of that, WWE's build-up of Jericho for a title match has been piss-poor, of course.

So RedJed, where did your "once in a while bad WWE shows" argument go after tonight's Raw?

Huh? I dont even know what you are quoting me from.

I thought the show wasn't bad for the first hour or so in terms of me being entertained (and that may very well be because I was stoned off my ass) but once hour number 2 hit, it started to really drag. Lame main event to the max. For two WWE shows in a row now, they have gotten extremely uncreative and done main events that were just recently on the show prior. Carlito, if they really want to push him, isnt the guy who should have been doing the job there. Even Bischoff v. Cena would have been better than that which is saying alot.

The fact that I have no idea what the Overdrive and all that even IS speaks volumes about their lack of effort to get his finisher over.  Getting a finisher over requires the guy winning several matches in a row doing the same move.  Hell, at least with Chris Masters I could see the point of doing the Masterlock Challenge, however tedious it is.  At least it's an attempt to get his finisher over.

Overdrive is the move Orton used as his original finisher. The 1 he injured himself doing against Christian. I believe Reno used it in WCW, also.

I forgot which thread it was (possibly the Raw thread from last week), but you said something along the lines of "WWE has bad shows every once in a while", meaning that most of them are good (according to you) when they really haven't been lately, nor have most of the shows been good in the last few years. It's just that recently, the shows have gotten worse than usual, I think.

Orlando was using the Flatliner (I believed he called it the Blackout or something like that), but seemed to stop when Hassan came over to Smackdown and had the same move.

It was the "Orlando Magic".

Yeah, I puked too.

I forgot which thread it was (possibly the Raw thread from last week), but you said something along the lines of "WWE has bad shows every once in a while", meaning that most of them are good (according to you) when they really haven't been lately, nor have most of the shows been good in the last few years. It's just that recently, the shows have gotten worse than usual, I think.

Leading into Mania and through the spring/summer, I thought there was actually more entertaining shows than not. We got treated with pretty solid matches rather consistently on Raw and Smackdown (Eddy/Rey, Angle/Flair, Shelton/HBK, etc, etc) and storylines, other than a few abysmal ones on Smackdown, weren't horribly shitty. What I had said that was GENERALLY, WWE had been having a pretty good streak (which doesnt mean every week of solid shows) of decent shows, thats all. But then the ball dropped HARD last week. Just my two cents.

Leading into Mania and through the spring/summer, I thought there was actually more entertaining shows than not. We got treated with pretty solid matches rather consistently on Raw and Smackdown (Eddy/Rey, Angle/Flair, Shelton/HBK, etc, etc) and storylines, other than a few abysmal ones on Smackdown, weren't horribly shitty. What I had said that was GENERALLY, WWE had been having a pretty good streak (which doesnt mean every week of solid shows) of decent shows, thats all. But then the ball dropped HARD last week. Just my two cents.

I actually liked those matches, too. Although there have been way too many Eddie/Rey matches this year and I hope after Summerslam that it's the end of their feud.

I agree that Raw sucked last week. It did this week, too, though. Jericho still doesn't look like a true title contender because he hasn't earned it in a match, Tatanka's back, the Diva Search continues to bore the hell out of everyone, the Bischoff/Cena feud is shit, WWE had Matt Hardy saying that he hoped Edge would die in a carwreck in a promo and killed Kane's heat by admitting to the crowd that the Kane/Lita marriage was a storyline, Shelton Benjamin suddenly isn't going after the IC title and has lost to Carlito and Chris Masters, etc.

Snitsky has some pump-handle slam, which may or may not be called the Coat Hanger (per Scott Keith). I don't see the complaint with Snitsky not having a finisher; I don't remember the last time he's pinned someone.

As for Carlito, he should go to the safe, effective move that'll get him heel heat...Rock Bottom.

- I was hoping Lesnar would be Vince's announcement.

- HBK's promo was awesome.

- Carlito needs a real finisher

- I marked out for Tatanka!

- SummerSlam is looking awesome so far.

- Buff Conway is okay, but that theme music is fucking awful.

- Chris Masters is growing on me. >_<

Rant over.