TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Man in Blak

One good turn deserves another.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...0entry1947325

"Classy..."

Oh, get the sand out of your vagina, you fucking pussy.

If my offhand (and completely valid) comments fractured Dames' precious ego, then perhaps he needs to continue out the door and continue his long walk off of a short pier. Of course, since he subtitled his farewell thread "The End of An Era", perhaps I'm giving him way too much credit as it is.

In either case, it's a message board - one that he managed to check every couple of months for self-validation, much to the detriment of the entire community - so if my nasty words managed to scar you or anybody else's delicate sensibilities, I invite you to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

You have plenty of posts and you've been here for a while it seems but I don't konw who you are.

The only thing I see in that thread is a plug for some other board. Did I miss something?

Not a thing.

Well, then, as much I agree with the sentiment expressed in the first post of this thread, I don't see what it has to do with Tom's comment vis-a-vis your plugging some other board.

"Classy..."

Oh, get the sand out of your vagina, you fucking pussy.

If my offhand (and completely valid) comments fractured Dames' precious ego, then perhaps he needs to continue out the door and continue his long walk off of a short pier. Of course, since he subtitled his farewell thread "The End of An Era", perhaps I'm giving him way too much credit as it is.

In either case, it's a message board - one that he managed to check every couple of months for self-validation, much to the detriment of the entire community - so if my nasty words managed to scar you or anybody else's delicate sensibilities, I invite you to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

A few questions...

1) Wouldn't Tom's comment "Classy" be just as much "offhand" as your own? Why does his comment mean that he had sand in his vagina, and is a "fucking pussy" for saying anything but yours is okay?

2) Where in Tom's comment does it imply that Dames' ego was hurt by your comment?

3) Dames helped spearhead (and finance) the movement to keep this community alive after SK and company left it. If SK's time at The Smarkboard was one era, wouldn't Dames' time be an era too? And if he's selling it to Mike, won't that be a new era?

4) Doesn't your reaction to Tom's one word comment fly in the face of your "it's just a messageboard" argument?

5) Dames owned TSM and this board, and paid HUGE amounts of money to keep it running, even when he wasn't around to use it himself. This is a fact. That strikes me as a decidedly selfless and generous act. Everybody posted at TSM for free...like, LOTS of people. As the owner, and the man who was paying for something that he himself rarely had time to use...doesn't he at least have the right to do pretty much whatever he wanted here at the times he did have time to come by?

6) What's the deal with MiB, Bruiser, and HungryJack hating on Dames? Is this because CJ got banned here way back, or do you just not like the guy? Why should he take a long walk off a short pier?

1) Wouldn't Tom's comment "Classy" be just as much "offhand" as your own?  Why does his comment mean that he had sand in his vagina, and is a "fucking pussy" for saying anything but yours is okay?

2) Where in Tom's comment does it imply that Dames' ego was hurt by your comment?

The fact that Tom felt the need to say anything at all implies enough. Considering how infrequently Dames was around and how much administrative flux has happened on the board over the last year, it would be rather naive to expect a passing of the old administrator to occur without some commentary.

But, lo and behold, I made a small comment about Dames' considerable inactivity and Tom felt so compelled by my distasteful comments that he couldn't help but deride them as classless, as though "class" were actually the standard of this administration (or any "administration" on the web, for that matter).

Maybe I thought it was pretty funny that I managed such a response out of somebody who ripped a certain poster from asshole to elbow for just posting a farewell thread at WDI, somebody who famously ridiculed many a poster who had issues with the board for having "sand in their vaginas."

3) Dames helped spearhead (and finance) the movement to keep this community alive after SK and company left it.  If SK's time at The Smarkboard was one era, wouldn't Dames' time be an era too?  And if he's selling it to Mike, won't that be a new era?

Oh, come on. Dames had the option of humbly stepping aside for "his" site to success under somebody else's watch. But why do that when you can feed your self-importance by going over the top!

4) Doesn't your reaction to Tom's one word comment fly in the face of your "it's just a messageboard" argument?

Yeah, I know where you're getting at, because you've seen me post in the past...but you're reading way too much into it. I saw his comment and felt like flaming back, maybe even to bait him a little bit because I was aghast - aghast - that stoic Dr. Tom would even bother replying in the first place.

5) Dames owned TSM and this board, and paid HUGE amounts of money to keep it running, even when he wasn't around to use it himself. This is a fact.  That strikes me as a decidedly selfless and generous act. Everybody posted at TSM for free...like, LOTS of people.  As the owner, and the man who was paying for something that he himself rarely had time to use...doesn't he at least have the right to do pretty much whatever he wanted here at the times he did have time to come by?

Given that Mike the Admin was throwing ads on the page and panhandling on any street corner he could for TSM money, I'm not sure how much of anything Dames really paid for. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who put two and two together here.

The fact that he continually undermined the administration that worked under him with his erratic appearances and promises of big changes (which were followed by nothing and quickly forgotten) doesn't help you out a lot either.

6) What's the deal with MiB, Bruiser, and HungryJack hating on Dames?  Is this because CJ got banned here way back, or do you just not like the guy?  Why should he take a long walk off a short pier?

He was a terrible administrator who successfully guided what was a burgeoning online community into a mediocrity, perhaps even a running joke at this point. The fact that it's stayed afloat for so long is more a credit to the posting habits of the people therein and the relationships that they've developed with other long-time posters, rather than any riveting plan that Dames managed to implement for the site.

Guest Vitamin X
7) How come I can't get no Tang 'round here?

Likely because you're out in the middle of nowhere.

6) What's the deal with MiB, Bruiser, and HungryJack hating on Dames?  Is this because CJ got banned here way back, or do you just not like the guy?  Why should he take a long walk off a short pier?

He was a terrible administrator who successfully guided what was a burgeoning online community into a mediocrity, perhaps even a running joke at this point. The fact that it's stayed afloat for so long is more a credit to the posting habits of the people therein and the relationships that they've developed with other long-time posters, rather than any riveting plan that Dames managed to implement for the site.

You know, I think this whole bit is slightly overreacting, however I do agree with this, or at least the second part. Dames was a nice guy and meant well, but he just never had the time to really get involved with the site like I'd seen other people do. The main site is fucking awful, and basically serves no purpose. In fact, an argument can be made that the majority of this board's posters- at least the ones worth a damn anyways- have moved outside of the wrestling forums, yet for some odd reason they feel like keeping this board a "wrestling messageboard". The main site kinda reflects that, as well.

That was my way of saying to keep the site format as is, but there must be something we can do to get some more traffic and notoriety. Baby steps first though.

When I asked Dames if we could revamp with the front site and turn it into Wrestling nirvana, he gave me the okay. All I will say is that anyone willing to take a risk with my crazy ass, especially in this case with Dames, is okay with me. That okay, along with allowing Chris Coey to write for the front site, told me Dames was hip to the notion of the Yankees of TSM idea I dropped on him. He did want to see the front site thrive. The guy did everything I could hope for by just giving me the ball and letting me run with it. Had Dames not been stretched for cash after his move from tha Bronx, I can safely tell everyone here that the front site would be completely different looking today. For the better. Everyone who's a wrestling fan here would have been a winner in the revamp.

Dames is the Ric Flair of this joint.

Well, of course! Don't you know that anything we say or do is connected in some way to CJ? Hell, he and I are the same person, remember?

7) How come I can't get no Tang 'round here?

Wu?

Poon?

Some other type of Tang other than the beverage that I could use to make a third question in my failed attempt at humor?

Guest HungryJack

Any "hating" I did on Dames is due to the fact that he is both :

a ) As MiB said, he did a completely ridiculously bad job of running the site, basically being an absentee landlord for much of the site's existence. This coupled with the fact that he :

b ) Was a terrible writer, and reviewed a product that I couldn't care less about, and took up space that a better, more talented writer could have taken, irks me.

That's all. He just irks me.

In case people forgot this thread is still not really about anything.

I envy people who don't hate anything in real life so they feel the need to spread it out on the 'net. Or do I?

Guest Edmond Dantes

I just wanted to add that I'm SO tired of hearing my name or anything about me pop up in pointless threads that have absolutely nothing to do with me. I haven't posted here for my own reasons in YEARS. Obviously, as you can see, it's not because I'm banned.

I remember the days when I used to go round and round with TTK about nothing, back and forth for hours, days and weeks at a time. Looking at threads like this one make me feel like the biggest dumbass for EVER doing it ANYWHERE, Rantsylvania, the original Smarks, WDI, SNKT I & II and here. It's simply not worth the effort. But apparently, I'm never far from Dave Dymond's thoughts. I think it's time for your infatuation with "CJ" to be at an end, once and for all.

You can take all the potshots you'd like about my personal life, my online habits, what-have-you, but because of the continued support of the good people here who let me write DVD reviews in the early days, the posters who encouraged me and many other sites who appreciated what I had to offer, I now laugh all the way to the bank as I continue to use my oft-ridiculed knowledge to write for the top trade publication in the adult industry. The last I checked, Dave Dymond (or anyone else I know from any messageboard) doesn't get paid to write about what was once just a hobby.

So leave my name out of your discussions and flame wars. I've moved on. Why don't you?

- Crucifixio Jones